Worksop v Runcorn

Worksop v Runcorn

Dacorn
Dacorn

October 23rd, 2004, 5:59 pm #1

Any information on the game today anyone as i was unable to attend due to work committments? 1-1 not a bad result for us although i imagine that the team was pretty much the same as the game against Stafford last week? Ive heard today that Alvin has invited 2 players from Gem Chems to join the squad for the game away at Hinckley Utd. I believe they are Paul Hives and Martin Molyneaux. Anyone heard anything?

Regards

Dacorn.

DG
DG

October 23rd, 2004, 7:46 pm #2

Thoroughly deserved the point.Played some great passing football. Could have been 2 up at half time but fought back well after going a goal down with 20 minutes left.We would have felt gutted to come away with nothing.(so would the players) Much better organisation and much more know how apparent. It's early days so let's give Alvin and Peter chance to take stock and hopefully pick up a few points along the way
Cheers

RuncornFan4EVA
RuncornFan4EVA

October 23rd, 2004, 8:14 pm #3

I agree with DG we definately deserved the point and the reaction by the bench, players and fans when we scored was great. It was a much improved performance and the lads played really good passing football keeping it on the deck. Considering it was their first game under new management, the team was very well organised and Robbie Moore impressed in his full league debut. Lee Parle was also excellent and congrats to Nicky Young for getting on the scoresheet again.
Well done lads and well done Alvin and Peter. Roll on Hinckley!

COME ON THE CORN!!!

worksop boy
worksop boy

October 24th, 2004, 9:20 am #4

you deserved at least the point which you got and i tip you to go onto great things with a fantastic manager like old macdonald

good luck

dan (wtfc)

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

October 24th, 2004, 12:00 pm #5

Souds like a good start. Lets hope that the players werent just using this game to show Alvin what they can actually do, just to let themselves down when they get comfortable with him.

Peter Carroll
Peter Carroll

October 24th, 2004, 8:54 pm #6

I agree with DG we definately deserved the point and the reaction by the bench, players and fans when we scored was great. It was a much improved performance and the lads played really good passing football keeping it on the deck. Considering it was their first game under new management, the team was very well organised and Robbie Moore impressed in his full league debut. Lee Parle was also excellent and congrats to Nicky Young for getting on the scoresheet again.
Well done lads and well done Alvin and Peter. Roll on Hinckley!

COME ON THE CORN!!!
First and foremost on behalf of Alvin McDonald and myself can I thank the 'posters' and other supporters who have wished us luck at the club since our appointment.

The away support at Worksop was much appreciated by the players and staff alike and although we didn't quite get off to a winning start I felt the players more than earned a point from the game with a resolute display which they now have to take forward into the games ahead.

Corn
Corn

October 24th, 2004, 11:34 pm #7

Good point, Well done.

A.
A.

October 25th, 2004, 9:41 am #8

Throughout the whole game I sat with a number of Worksop fans in the main seated area. They commented on how suprised they were at the standard of football played by Runcorn. There were plenty of complements from both sets of fans towards the team so I would like to thank Alvin and Peter, and of course the playing staff, for their efforts on Saturday.

As Peter says, we need to take this forward into the next games which will be vital for us.

Regards
A. (Runcorn)

Confirmation of reply: