Town

Town

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

October 10th, 2011, 7:28 pm #1

With Town currently 2-0 up against Winsford and probably heading to the top of the table, its fair to say thats a monumental achievement from all involved.

I thought you would hold your own at this level but not much more in your first season, so to be where you are is quite an achievement.

Lets just hope now that Linnets win all their games in hand and go top themselves!

Dave
Dave

October 10th, 2011, 8:32 pm #2

3-1 now mate

Probable board member
Probable board member

October 10th, 2011, 8:43 pm #3

With Town currently 2-0 up against Winsford and probably heading to the top of the table, its fair to say thats a monumental achievement from all involved.

I thought you would hold your own at this level but not much more in your first season, so to be where you are is quite an achievement.

Lets just hope now that Linnets win all their games in hand and go top themselves!
http://www.nwcfl.com/leaguetable.php

Probable board member
Probable board member

October 10th, 2011, 9:28 pm #4

Being top in October means nothing.
I've see teams top at Christmas who got relegated.
It's where teams are in May.
I'm sure Si Burton won't be getting carried away.
Onwards and upwards.
Nice achievement to have.
Better the points than the games in hand.

cunny
cunny

October 10th, 2011, 9:58 pm #5

hope you guys dont mind me posting on here, but si is one of my oldest footballing friends, and i would like to say well done to all involved at town, regardless of which month it is, to be top of the league after coming up the year before is a great achievement, hope the season brings you good success, all though we owe you big time in the return leg after our dismal show at your place,

cunny

Probable board member
Probable board member

October 10th, 2011, 10:06 pm #6

I agree with what Biggy mentioned; I'm sure being top of the league at this stage is something all those at RT would have dared hope for - but to realize that is a very good achievement at this stage of the season.

They seemed to have a bit of a wobble with the cup games from the higher league - but that it seems has helped them somewhat, as after those games they have beaten some very good teams in this league.

I know it means nothing at this stage - but still a great achievement given the growth of the club in the last 4/5 years.

I hope RL get over the current blip and get a few wins - will be great to see the Boxing day game be a clash of teams in the top 6 etc

Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out - but hopefully both Runcorn teams can be in and around the top fews positions come April/May time

Probable board member
Probable board member

October 11th, 2011, 7:46 am #7

it is wonderful to see a Runcorn football team sat at the top of the NWCL Premier Division, WELL DONE Runcorn Town. The Linnets have never been anywhere near reaching the summit, despite all the funding from outside sources.

Runcorn Town have achieved this by sheer hard work, on the fund raising side and by building a team and club stage by stage. Well done to ALL at Runcorn Town, and there is no reason they cannot stay at the summit or close to all season

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

October 11th, 2011, 8:39 am #8

Why does every thread, even this one which is only about Town, have to contain a Linnets bashing post?

Probable board member
Probable board member

October 11th, 2011, 9:48 am #9

linnets bashing crap, the linnets have regularly under performed, yet it is the "little club" from weston point showing how it should be done. the linnets with their alleged finances and wonderful support should have stormed through this division, instead just one good season, that being the debut season

Daz Law
Daz Law

October 11th, 2011, 11:35 am #10

Lets not get carried away there plenty of football to be played yet and yet as biggey stated the linnets get crap , end of the day we will see where everyone is at the end of april

Confirmation of reply: