That was crap today

Simon
Simon

November 1st, 2003, 7:08 pm #1

Bring back Watson!

A.
A.

November 1st, 2003, 8:13 pm #2

I hope that was a sarcastic comment mate because although the opposition were poor today, Runcorn gave all they had and played some good football.
Will the club confirm or deny rumours regarding Steve Daley and Chris Price ? I sincerely hope they are not true as it would be a great loss.

Regards
A.

FALLON
FALLON

November 2nd, 2003, 1:38 am #3

Bring back Watson!
...It should have been 10-0!

Nah seriously, a great performance from the lads once again. I think we have been playing some fantastic football lately, even in the games we have not won such as Stalybridge and Bradford PA (Cup).

We have been threatening that scoreline for a while and we are on good form at the moment. What pleased me most was that every single goal was scored playing football - on the floor, easy passes, and opening up the opposition. This is the only way in our league cos long balls just get cleared straight away by defenders.

I just that losing Price and Daly wont affect us much since a top 13 finish is a must and we need to score / create goals to do this. I say try and get a good midfielder in, and try and bring back Mike Moseley!

Linnets On Tour
Linnets On Tour

November 2nd, 2003, 2:05 am #4

Agreed Fallon, an outstanding performance from all of the players today which reflects in the scoreline. Quick and neat passing, as well as good approach play enabled us to dominate the whole game. It would be interesting to know how many attempts on target Bishop had today ?

All in all a brilliant result and a place in the next round of the trophy. Losing Price and Daley will be a worry but if they do go I'm sure we will all wish them the best of luck and thank them for their time at Runcorn.

The performance yesterday needs to be replicated in the forthcoming league games. If it is, I have no doubt we will finish in the top 13 this season.

The in cider man
The in cider man

November 2nd, 2003, 9:21 am #5

It is defo true about the 3 players moving on.Don't know how much for yet but i'll find out.

art
art

November 2nd, 2003, 11:56 am #6

Runcorn Till I Die
Runcorn Till I Die

November 2nd, 2003, 4:15 pm #7

I am gutted that Price has left he was a key member of our team and a player who we were very lucky to have.Not so bothered about Daly as there are many good strikers out there and if his heart isn't in the club there isn't much point.At least he finished on a high.Good luck to both of them and lets hope lighty can bring in some decent replacements.

FALLON
FALLON

November 2nd, 2003, 5:16 pm #8

Agreed Fallon, an outstanding performance from all of the players today which reflects in the scoreline. Quick and neat passing, as well as good approach play enabled us to dominate the whole game. It would be interesting to know how many attempts on target Bishop had today ?

All in all a brilliant result and a place in the next round of the trophy. Losing Price and Daley will be a worry but if they do go I'm sure we will all wish them the best of luck and thank them for their time at Runcorn.

The performance yesterday needs to be replicated in the forthcoming league games. If it is, I have no doubt we will finish in the top 13 this season.
Runcorn First, Bishop Auckland second

GLS 7 0
STS 15 8
SOT 8 2
COR 2 3
OFF 3 0

(Goals, Shots, Shots on Target, Corners, Offsides)

Also I will not be doing any more stats such as these from this week. Now Debbie has returned, she will once again be doing the Non-League Paper report, so there is no need for me to keep track of such things or do a report.

FALLON

FALLON
FALLON

November 2nd, 2003, 5:19 pm #9

Since you asked, their two shots on target were both long range shots. One from their number 8 after 63 minutes, and one from their number 6 after 86 minutes. Both were straight at McMillan.

The only other one of note was when their number 10 also hit the bar (62), but this is not reflected in the "On Target" count.

FALLON

Runcorn Till I Die
Runcorn Till I Die

November 2nd, 2003, 5:26 pm #10

Runcorn First, Bishop Auckland second

GLS 7 0
STS 15 8
SOT 8 2
COR 2 3
OFF 3 0

(Goals, Shots, Shots on Target, Corners, Offsides)

Also I will not be doing any more stats such as these from this week. Now Debbie has returned, she will once again be doing the Non-League Paper report, so there is no need for me to keep track of such things or do a report.

FALLON
I can't believe this suddenly when we think that we are on the up Debbie comes back to ruin it.I just find Fallon's reports more interesting and we get more stats.It's nice to see he puts in the effort.

Confirmation of reply: