Support this Season

Support this Season

A.
A.

July 18th, 2005, 1:47 pm #1

Unfortunately I think the support at Prescot this season will be extremely poor. It appears this is simply one step too far for many fans and saying goodbye to Conference North football after just one season has not helped matters. The closed season has brought nothing in terms of good news or optimism and the profile of the club seems to be slipping even futher into oblivion.

It will be interesting to see how many people turn up for the first 'home' game against Frickley Athletic, and how many people purchase season tickets this year.

Is anybody on this forum planning to continue attending games or indeed has anybody decided not to bother ?

Regards
A.

Simon
Simon

July 18th, 2005, 10:46 pm #2

Its not looking good.
I predict a gate of under 50 during the coming season.

Factors stopping people will be
1. To long pulling out of Widnes since we left Canal St, so those Widnes stay aways will loose all interest.
2. Relegation to a poorer league, in effect dropping 2 leagues since Canal Street due to the creation of Conf North.
3. the distance and ability to get to Prescott.
4. Admission price, £7 is a joke considering the league and the distance people have to travel.
5. The state of the club. Constant appointments of unproven managers, with no experience and no ability to attract people.
6. The Doc. Many people wont pay any money for it to go in his pockets, fans and sponsors alike.
7. Mond Ranger becoming FC Runcorn, a team in Runcorn, with the name Runcorn.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 19th, 2005, 4:10 pm #3

Is anyone going to the friendly against Rhyl on 11 August?

Pete Smythe
Pete Smythe

July 20th, 2005, 9:02 am #4

just like know if anyone is actually gonna go down to watch fc runcorn (mond)this season ?

Fan
Fan

July 20th, 2005, 2:45 pm #5

I think you find more people watching AFC Runcorn this season than travelling to Prescot and paying £7 to watch Runcorn FC Halton Prescot or whatever they will be calling themselves. How about Runcorn R.I.P

old fan
old fan

July 20th, 2005, 3:02 pm #6

just like know if anyone is actually gonna go down to watch fc runcorn (mond)this season ?
has anyone got any fixtures for mond, where they play etc...
got 2 young kids i would like to get them watching there local team

July 20th, 2005, 3:09 pm #7

If deciding to go a game, it will be FC Runcorn, followed by a pint in Pavillions.
Halton FC Prescot means nothing to me and means nothing to most Runcornians.

Pete Smythe
Pete Smythe

July 20th, 2005, 5:39 pm #8

fc runcorn have games v warrington at pavilions not sure about the date..6th august

before that they will be playing runcorn fc halton/prescot/whatever the called 2 days before on the 4th august

pre season games starts as from tomorrow at helsby, there are more friendlies arranged but i cant think who and when they are

Once a yellow
Once a yellow

July 20th, 2005, 10:13 pm #9

could post a few of their (or should i say our) fixtures on this site. I watched a few mond games last year and there was a good feeling about the place. footy was quite good, tea was hot, pie was ok what more could you ask for?

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 21st, 2005, 7:40 am #10

A.F.C. Runcorn will be running their own web site very shortly. All the fixtures and match details etc will be posted there.

Confirmation of reply: