Strange! - No Club Announcement On Saturdays Fracas Or Take On Events

Strange! - No Club Announcement On Saturdays Fracas Or Take On Events

October 7th, 2009, 3:32 pm #1

Why the stony silence about Saturdays disgusting events at St Helens:

Fact Rob Johnston Behaves Appallingly and Causes A Confrontation
Fact - Paul Ramsden Nearly Gets Filled In Due To Johnstons Behaviour
Fact Captain Head butts An Opposition Player
Fact Many Board Members Regularly Abuse Opponents & Officials

It is only a matter of time before a more serious incident occurs and we are hauled up in front of the NWCFL, not to explain Derogative Threads and Negative Vibes on a Forum, but for inciting Mini Riots and Behaving like a Gang of Drunk Youths.

Why Are Board Members, Representing The Club With More Visibility And Responsibility Then Your Average Fan, Allowed To Get Away With Behaving In Such A Shameful Manner?

It Is A Disgrace; They Should Leave Their Post Or Be Relieved Of Their Duties.

We are talking grown men here, it is embarrassing, and they have to cheek to say we as forum posters are putting off potential sponsors, Ha Ha Ha.

Never mind the Boards actions, the picture of Gollum on the back of the weekly news waving a scarf and a begging tin will make most local companies (of whom I have a part ownership in)steer well clear.

Blame Websites if you want but the real failings of income, sponsorship, falling gates, falling Trust Membership etc lies with the board end of, AND EVERYONE ELSE IS NOW FINALLY STARTING TO WAKE UP !

Just compare our TOTE Prize Money To Runcorn Towns, and see who has the right people doing the right things.

Tony
Tony

October 7th, 2009, 3:49 pm #2

How will the club deal with Cunningham?
Firstly for his appaling headbutt on the pitch and secondly for his reaction in the players tunnel, when he should have been in the dressing room.
The club should ban him for 10 games, thats if the FA dont.
The comment wasnt even a racist comment, yet Cunny has decided that the remark was racist, rather than examine the remark on value.
What sort of image does this send out to supporters or sponsors, not to mention any example set to watching children.

As for the board and Johnstone, this isnt the first time this sort of event has happened and its not the first person he has abused and physically handled at a game. Any other supporter would be faced with abn from the ground for such actions and the reports of this facas have spread throughout the NWCL and are evident on various clubs forums. This is more damaging than anything you could read on this site.

Yet, I havent seen one club statement on either issue.

pistolpete
pistolpete

October 7th, 2009, 4:05 pm #3

Johnston is a bell.

He is a mouthy git and the spokesman for other press officers, sorry i mean board members. Does he have a role yet? dont give me community officer line !

pistolpete
pistolpete

October 7th, 2009, 4:06 pm #4

Firstly for his appaling headbutt on the pitch and secondly for his reaction in the players tunnel, when he should have been in the dressing room.
The comment wasnt even a racist comment, yet Cunny has decided that the remark was racist, rather than examine the remark on value.
What sort of image does this send out to supporters or sponsors, not to mention any example set to watching children.

As for the board and Johnstone, this isnt the first time this sort of event has happened and its not the first person he has abused and physically handled at a game. Any other supporter would be faced with abn from the ground for such actions and the reports of this facas have spread throughout the NWCL and are evident on various clubs forums. This is more damaging than anything you could read on this site.

Johnston is a bell.

He is a mouthy git and the spokesman for other press officers, sorry i mean board members. Does he have a role yet? dont give me community officer line !

Cowboy
Cowboy

October 7th, 2009, 4:11 pm #5

Whilst not condoning it, Cunny's reaction is understandable and you can see he's fiercely loyal to his team. He has been hyped up playing for 90 minutes and stuff like that happens on the pitch and occasionally in the tunnel. I'm sure he regrets it and would accept any punishment the club decided to impose without question. I think that's a mark of the lad.

Spectators getting involved is different again. If a spectator runs onto any pitch to remonstatre with players or officials they are often hit with an immediate LIFE ban. We know that. Yes tempers fray and we shout at players and officials but we know there is a line we must not cross both physically and metophorically as fans.

As club officials....now here's the deal. RJ is usually the club official responsible for the players tunnels and hence the players safety. If he has done as is being suggested he has breached the trust that his fellow board members have placed in him. If I were him I would apologise to the board, team and fans then tender my resignation. It really is that simple.

I've seen more than one game at Witton where responsible visiting chairman have restrained their own board members in the stand. Much as I respect Derek, the old saying goes a fish stinks from the head down. Most of you will see that Derek does not lack the passion of a true fans behind the goal at every game but is that how you want a CHAIRMAN to behave? Does that set the example and standard for the rest of the board? Watch Alan Jones at the match and see how a club official should conduct themselves.

Deano
Deano

October 7th, 2009, 4:22 pm #6

Not condoning Cunny's reaction, but it was hardly a head butt more handbads at ten paces. The fact is Tony the keeper did call Troy a racist name, i even had this confirmed by a St Helens player who I know! You asking the club to ban one of our own players for ten games! Who the fuck do you support as it it is certanly not the team! I think any player reacting the way he did is justified by racist chants! Were not fucking watching Mississipi FC in the 1960's!

Lunty
Lunty

October 7th, 2009, 7:22 pm #7

I understand sticking up for your mate or relative, not sure what Cunny is to you but going by your logic its ok to assault anyone who makes a racist remark?

Never heard of things been took out of context, things took the wrong way, over reactions, if everyone is honest, everyone has had a racist or sick joke told to them or sent to them via a text, do yu assault them as well, or turn your cheek and ignore it, or press delete and treat it with the contempt you might feel it deserves.

Get Real Lad, regardless of what was said, you leave it to the authoritys and the referees report you don't go around taking the law into your own hands.

His reaction was not an appropriate response and the club should penalise him, I thought captains set examples not become vigilantes.

I also notice you have not entered the debate on the Board Members behavoiur, why, don't want to upset the apple cart, you want to watch you don't go down with Cherry Blossom Poisoning!

steve cunny snr
steve cunny snr

October 7th, 2009, 7:33 pm #8

if thats what you think fair enough, but slag my son off and i am going to retaliate, thats when i find out which knobhead you are, i repeat i do not condone what steve did but as cowboy stated caught up in the heat of the game,steve defended his fellow player, and as from deans post it has been confirmed from one of the goalkeepers own team mates that yes it was a racist remark, so once yet again you go shouting the odds without evidently knowing the facts, which does not suprise me one little bit, so just behave yourself and watch very carefully what you actually post about people,

I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh
I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

October 7th, 2009, 7:39 pm #9

I understand sticking up for your mate or relative, not sure what Cunny is to you but going by your logic its ok to assault anyone who makes a racist remark?

Never heard of things been took out of context, things took the wrong way, over reactions, if everyone is honest, everyone has had a racist or sick joke told to them or sent to them via a text, do yu assault them as well, or turn your cheek and ignore it, or press delete and treat it with the contempt you might feel it deserves.

Get Real Lad, regardless of what was said, you leave it to the authoritys and the referees report you don't go around taking the law into your own hands.

His reaction was not an appropriate response and the club should penalise him, I thought captains set examples not become vigilantes.

I also notice you have not entered the debate on the Board Members behavoiur, why, don't want to upset the apple cart, you want to watch you don't go down with Cherry Blossom Poisoning!
Lunty first of all, I said i dont condone the actions so you might want to read that again. Also in football in every league in the world there will be altercations, square ups, hand bags! That is all this was so Cunny is hardly a vigilanty. Jokes and texts occur all the world granted but let me ask you is it not different when it becomes reality? When your in a game and something happens you react dependant on the situation. No punches were thrown, no one was smacked, no one hurt it was just a classical footballing sitiation! So would the authorities get involved, dont be so stupid! The problem with this club is there is to many fans have not got a clue trying to add there six pence!

Do i condone it no, would any player react differenr in hindsight? Of course they would but in the heat of the moment things happen! We live and learn but for our fans ( i say that loosly ) to call for a player to be banned by its own club is ridiculous.

I cant believe certain fans in this club, they are unreal, get in the real world! You can tell a lot of posters have never been involved at football.

steve cunny snr
steve cunny snr

October 7th, 2009, 7:40 pm #10

and yes i am related, and if you read the post correctly we dont condone what steven did but i certainly will not stand by and see him pillored by you moorons,you do nothing but spout utter garbage,

Confirmation of reply: