Squad Strengthening Continues

Squad Strengthening Continues

RFCH Press Office
RFCH Press Office

July 10th, 2004, 1:51 pm #1

Runcorn FC Halton’s squad strengthening ahead of the inaugural Conference North campaign continued today with the signing of striker Nicky Young from Unibond Premier side Marine.

Young started his career at Everton and Bury, but made his name at fellow Conference North side Vauxhall, where he was regularly the clubs leading goalscorer in their rapid rise up the leagues.

Last November, after nine seasons at Vauxhall, he moved to Northwich Victoria to team up again with his former manager and father-in-law Alvin McDonald. However with Northwich once again changing managers in February, Young moved on to Marine after finding first team chances limited.

Runcorn manager Chris Lightfoot was delighted to capture Young saying, “I tried to sign Nicky in February but he chose Marine instead as he felt that the move there offered him a better chance at the time of first team football.

“However Nicky is now out of contract at Marine, and although they don’t want him to leave, Nicky has told me he wants a chance to play in Conference North and I am delighted to give him that chance.”

Blackie (Vics)
Blackie (Vics)

July 15th, 2004, 9:49 am #2

But yopu've just signed the biggest useless donkey ever to put on a football shirt.
This guy couldn't hit the proverbial barn door at ten paces!!!!
His appearances were limited because he was so cr*p and giving the season we had last year that says it all!!
Hope future signings are better for you.
All the best for the season.

Alan C
Alan C

July 15th, 2004, 10:08 am #3

Thanks for the warning but sometimes players can inexplicably fail at one club and do well at another. Hopefully he'll be one of those cases.

A fine example was Paul Tait who was TOTALLY hopeless when he was with us but signed for you and looked like a world beater.

Perhaps his confidence was hit by the fact that your team was getting caned every week last season and the crowd were frustrated.

Badger
Badger

July 15th, 2004, 10:40 am #4

A few posting from Southport and Lancaster confirm the opinon of our Northwich friend.As with you I hope they are wrong and he has a good season.I get the feeling he could be another Tony Thomas.

badger
badger

July 15th, 2004, 9:26 pm #5

Blackie now says on the CNF that Young is as poor as Robertson.Has this man got one of the finest eye in non league football or is he a gob sh**te.Time will tell.

Dave G
Dave G

July 15th, 2004, 9:29 pm #6

Hes to old and to injury prone, has been past it for years. Not what we need.

Blackie (Vics)
Blackie (Vics)

July 16th, 2004, 1:44 pm #7

Blackie now says on the CNF that Young is as poor as Robertson.Has this man got one of the finest eye in non league football or is he a gob sh**te.Time will tell.
Can't remember saying anything about Robbo!!
Was i drunk at the time or was it Jezza from Alty spoiling my good name??
I liked Robbo when he was with us. Bit on the slow side but scared the sh1te out of the opposition!!
Hope im proved wrong about Young but its doudtful im afraid.
I don't think you'll find many fans singing his praise.

All the best for the season, see you at the friendly week after next.
(whats the odds on Young scoring!!!!)

Badger
Badger

July 16th, 2004, 2:30 pm #8

Or an oggie by Robertson

Confirmation of reply: