Runcorn's Pavillion ground obtains Evostik Grading

Runcorn's Pavillion ground obtains Evostik Grading

Probable board member
Probable board member

April 3rd, 2012, 3:34 pm #1

Runcorn's ground has passed the Evostik grading.

Onslo
Onslo

April 4th, 2012, 8:14 am #2

What an embarrassment this is, seriously some of the work clubs in the NWC have put in to obtain the grading is nothing short of miraculous but Mong somehow manage to pass with a caravan as a clubhouse and dressing rooms and a dilapidated shed as a stand. Let's hope the 80 odd fans who follow the title chasing team stick with you when the money dries up!

April 4th, 2012, 8:40 am #3

Re: Runcorn's Pavillion ground obtains Evostik Grading

April 4th, 2012, 8:40 am #4

Re: Runcorn's Pavillion ground obtains Evostik Grading

April 4th, 2012, 8:55 am #5

In response to the message from Onslo, Both Linnets & Town have done very well,both Managers have now been MOM's for over 50% of the season and both are guaranteed a top 6 finish. Without being like others on this website and sniping at the Clubs over Grounds and evrything else, lets be positive about Runcorn Football. Linnets have done well to secure a ground from the Council, they do not give much away!!! BUT to
be critical of what Runcorn Town have achieved, even if it goes no further, is in very poor taste and not well thought out. The 'Mong' remark aside, if, as Onslo must be, anyone who is interested in Local Football, they will know how Runcorn Town evolved in the last 5 years, new Committee. Managers, players and structure, give them and the Linnets a chance all of you sad, bitter people. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter or rivalry but sometimes things go too far. Good Luck to both Clubs for as long as they can exist in a worls where you have the Million pound a month Professional Footballer and an National Football Association who pay, in comparison, peanuts to a semi pro/Amateur Club who reach the FA Vase Final. So much for developing and helping grass roots fottball!!!

Probable board member
Probable board member

April 4th, 2012, 12:58 pm #6

Agreed - good comment Slogger

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

April 4th, 2012, 3:57 pm #7

Just read this on Ramsbottoms forum. Its a rant from a Bootle fan about the standard of hospitality and grounds at some clubs in our league. Town and Rammsbottom are name dropped quite a lot in it.

" Now the rant and its no more a statement and opinion i am going to give but i feel it has to be said...
First of all I have to say and i speak on behalf of our players , The hospitality at virtually all clubs except one or two other than us is rank , again we came off tonight to a situation I have never understood in footy and people might think that is not the big deal ,The players come off after a tough away night game and they are scrambling round in the changing rooms for a couple of meesly butties ,once slice on ham on.. i dont get it i really dont why put butties in a changing room straight after a game for starters and surely a club like rammy can do a bit more , its £6 to get in and get good gates , and is just poor that players are scratching round for 2 butties each , never mind the back room etc who just laughed , A couple of quid on hospitality for players is not much to ask surley..Its the same at most clubs , Maine Road shocking stands out ,no booze an no butties expect one or two for players to scrap over , Runcorn town shocking bowl of soup , I could be hear all night so i;ll leave that there , Just think clubs could make a better effort for what surely doesnt cost too much to do and i know we pride ourselves on a t least offering something warm and butties, sausage rolls etc at pretty much all home games,.............
Next the ground grading ....First of all may i say that i want the best side of the 42 league games to go regardless of ground but we dont make the rules so whoever does IE Evo Stik League ...Do yo actualy stick to what you put pressure on clubs to get right and enforce it for any club that applies to go up ??? I very much doubt , I now our club has spent a fortune getting our ground spot on so we were in a position to apply ..Right up to midnight last night we had comittee members up at tye club finishing final minimal details that the ground grading comittee told us we had to , we passed , great but do other clubs really have everything they ask for ???Again nothing against the two clubs above us Rammy N Runcorn T they are 2 good clubs but they do have everythng the grading says ??? I am not totally knowledgeable on this but i listen closely to our comittee members who have been around in this game at this level for 50 odd years and they see things that havent been done to what they understand they should , Rammy is a really nice ground and we wont point out what we seen cos its not a pop at clubs its at the grading comittee...but lets get some consistency ifi'm honest ..or whats the point in us busting our balls ...Runcorn Town I have to say I am shocked by , hats off tothem if they have done verythin but i just cant see how , dont get me wrong i havent been up there since we drew a couple of months ago but at best its was a poor west cheshire ground , again no disrepect , fantastic what town have done in league an good on the club if hey have got it up to grading but jus cant see it, poor little clubhouse , poor seating area and just generally a poor ground , if they win the league though or Rammy we would wan them to go up , just EVO STIK if you make these rules stick to them ....No offence to any other club but hospitality could be better and grading comittee well ,whats the point "

Probable board member
Probable board member

April 4th, 2012, 4:28 pm #8

A supporter from a club in 3rd place, seems a bit bitter about the 2 teams above them if you ask me.
Bet he doesn't get invited to family parties incase the sandwich on the buffet only has one peice of ham on it.

Probable board member
Probable board member

April 4th, 2012, 5:21 pm #9

He has a point - but its the grading facility thats the problem - not Rammy/RT; look at the Prem - QPR and Fulham have shi! grounds, but meet the criteria - should West Ham, Leicester etc go up instead as they have a better ground??

At the end of the day - RT gound is a poor West Cheshire ground up until 2 years ago, and back to back (potentially) promotions sees they in the Evostick, and they are doing what they can off the field to keep up with the standard of the footy on the field.

RL are doing it another way - with the ground, and team to follow.

Hopefully both get there before Bootle!!!

Probable board member
Probable board member

April 4th, 2012, 6:42 pm #10

The truth is, Runcorn Linnets ground is no better than Runcorn Towns.
The main difference is that it is newer.
Linnets ground is a convetrted Sunday league football pitch, with 2 pre-fab stands that came on the back of a lorry and a neat metal fence that goes round the perimeter.
Towns has gradually developed over the years, with the most development occuring over the last 2 years.
Town now have a neat stand and a couple areas of covered standing.
Go back to Canal Street and it was a mitch match of stands.
Colchestes ground dint meet Conference standards when they played in the Conference, yet it was ok for The Football league.

As for moaning about food on offer to players at clubs, Runcorn FC only ever offered a tray of sanwiches to opposition players.

Confirmation of reply: