Relegation looms

Relegation looms

Marky B
Marky B

July 20th, 2004, 10:20 pm #1

What the fuck is Lightfoot doing signing players such as Robbie Moore from Gen Chems?
If its not bad enough signing the past it Robertson, now we have some lad who is 27 years old and plays for a side as low as Gen Chems.
The futures not looking bright.

Yellow army
Yellow army

July 21st, 2004, 10:02 am #2

Marky b Robbie is not a bad player at W.Cheshire standard to be fair,I have seen him play a few times,but I dont no if he is good enough at the next level, time will only tell.

Chris Lightfoot's Pound Shop Army
Chris Lightfoot's Pound Shop Army

July 21st, 2004, 10:20 am #3

What the fuck is Lightfoot doing signing players such as Robbie Moore from Gen Chems?
If its not bad enough signing the past it Robertson, now we have some lad who is 27 years old and plays for a side as low as Gen Chems.
The futures not looking bright.
That's unusual for you to put the side down Marky.Give them a break.You've not even seen him play in a Runcorn shirt yet,and already you are judging him.Just give him a chance.As Yellow Army said,he might be rubbish for us,but only time will tell.But he's never going to be good for us,if people like you are always putting him down.

Tony
Tony

July 21st, 2004, 10:41 am #4

I dont see other sides making such poor signings.
Why not wait and see how he does in pre-season games before comitting to signing him?
The level of our signings is shocking.

Alan C
Alan C

July 21st, 2004, 10:50 am #5

How do you know all these signings are sub-standard Tony & Marky B ?

Have you followed their careers ?

Don't be fooled by opposition fans having a chirp, make your own mind up.

I think we've picked up some good players on what must be a tight budget.

I'll bet we're not shelling out a great deal on the Gen Chems lad so it's not exactly a huge gamble (plus it's likely to pay for itself if his friends and family come to watch us and pay to get in).

Some of Runcorn's best signings have been fairly obscure over the years.

Badger
Badger

July 21st, 2004, 1:01 pm #6

The new season starts in roughly 3 weeks.Lets all take a deep breath and not presume the worst.Individual players should not be lamblasted until they have played for us, we may be pleasantly suprised.If they dont reach the standard, I,m sure Lightfoot will get rid.Local lads should be given a chance to play for there town team, if good enough.I,m sure that within the framework of the local Saturday/Sunday leagues there is loads of raw talent waiting to be discovered.Correct me if wrong but didn,t Woan come from Heswall, or some other West Cheshire team

Ruffneck
Ruffneck

July 21st, 2004, 3:05 pm #7

Correct me if im wrong.. but wasnt ex runcorn keeper athur williams signed from gen chems. ? ian woan from heswall ? people are to quick to criticise before seeing people play,

Simon
Simon

July 21st, 2004, 5:46 pm #8

You will find that Gen Chems were a lot better side in the days of Arthur Williams and playing at a much higher level.
Arthur got his move on the back of a good performance in the Dave Hinde memorial trophy games, another tradition the club seems to have left in Runcorn.

Doesnt matter who the club signs, the stadium in Widnes its lack of atmospere and sterile empty surroundngs are the clubs biggest weakness.

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

July 21st, 2004, 8:00 pm #9

Its the same scenario over again, the folk who were determined that we would not make conf north were gutted when we did so they now have to put the side down another way.

So what if he is from gen chems, Arthur Williams was a good example, Ian Woan another ( actually came from Newtown in Wales ), Carl Ruffer signed from pub football as did Gary Burke and Richard Acton.

Look at Dean Windass, played non league till he was 26 before he went pro.

It means nothing where they sign from.

And also I think all of our signings are good ones in the areas that needed strenthening.

Begin to judge at Christmas Marky, not at ther start of the season like you usually do

Confirmation of reply: