Press Release

Press Release

RFCH Press Office
RFCH Press Office

March 15th, 2005, 10:45 pm #1

Runcorn FC Halton can confirm that Saturday’s Nationwide North game against Bradford Park Avenue will be played at their usual home ground of the Halton Stadium, Widnes.

This follows speculation in the local and national press as to where the game will be played.

r.smith
r.smith

March 15th, 2005, 11:52 pm #2

..another £2K of debt ?

Sounds like Doc is up to usual trick of saying one thing and doing another.

That should mean another record low attendance, with it going out so late.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2005, 9:15 am #3

Dear Press Officer,

Thanks for the feedback. It is nice to know the venue ! But can you confirm that

1. There was a decision to leave Halton ?
2. League representatives were asked to look at Precot and Warrington ?
3. The plan is to stay at Halton until........????? The next home game ? The end of the season ? The end of next season ?

If you choose not to respond, you will only add to the speculation. Everyone wants clarity.

LIST, what is happening ? What happened at last night's meeting ?

Anyone ? Help !!!

When LIST, via Mr Fallon, tell us that they're looking into playing at Prescot or Warrington and that "the Chairman thinks Witton is too expensive", there must be something in it. So are we saying that the League deemed both venues as unacceptable ?

Fallon, you quite rightly said the only way to proceed was by being 100% honest.

I think the fans need/deserve that. Over to you sir....

FALLON
FALLON

March 16th, 2005, 9:33 am #4

As you can no doubt appreciate, it is difficult for me sometimes being both the Press Officer and part of LIST.

To answer your questions, I dont think that the club made a conscientious decision to leave Halton. I think the council made that decision for them by tearing up the 10-year contract last month after late payment for December's rent and going onto a game-by-game contract. With having no deal, the club looked elsewhere, presumably to lower costs although I dont know for sure.

Yes Conference representatives were asked to look at Prescot and Warrington which they did yesterday. I dont know what the outcome of this was, but I was asked last night to release to the press the information that we will be at the Stadium on Saturday in order to quash these rumours.

As for question three, I really dont know, and I feel the same frustrations as you. This is a stupid situation. The club need to decide where they are playing until the end of the season and release this info via me to the press. You watch, Saturday's match will come and go, then all of this speculation will no doubt start again for the Bank Holiday Monday home game against Stafford.

My responsibility is to write press releases and make sure that they are distributed to the press. I cannot make the decisions (unfortunately) so your questions have to be directed to the Chairman.

As for LIST, yes we did have a meeting last night. From what we discussed I need to speak to the Chairman which I will try to do as soon as possible. Once I have done so, I will let you know the decisions we made and what direction we are heading. Hopefully this will be this morning.

LIST's view remains that Witton is the only option open to us. Well there or Northwich's new ground. The club deemed it too expensive but we do not think it is. We will be opening formal negotiations with Witton soon to discuss anything that can be done.

Tony
Tony

March 16th, 2005, 1:16 pm #5

Stop people from entering the ground and stop people putting money into the Docs pockets.
It will only need about 50 people to do this, a few banners and a few leaflets.
Let the Chairman witness the actions.
Its not an offence to politely ask people not to attend. You could even ask people to donate their admission money to LIST.

If we can get the gate lower than the 131 at the last home game, then surely The Doc can see the fans are dead against increasing debts further by playing at the Halton Stadium.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2005, 2:21 pm #6

What you fail to realise is that the gate money that you hand over is not lining the Docs pockets. In fact the Doc doesnt see it. It costs x amount per game to rent the stadium. At a home game, the council keep the gate and subtract it from x (equalling y), then present y to the club as the figure to pay.

If the Doc is not paying this money, it is accumulating as a debt. If LIST take over the running of the club, then LIST would have to pay this debt. I am not advocating it but surely the best course of action if you really want to protest, is to pay your entrance money and do it inside the ground. At least the Doc will see any protest that way. But as Alan said, who is really going to protest? We aint got the fans to do it! Would you do it Tony?

Alan C
Alan C

March 16th, 2005, 2:26 pm #7

Stop people from entering the ground and stop people putting money into the Docs pockets.
It will only need about 50 people to do this, a few banners and a few leaflets.
Let the Chairman witness the actions.
Its not an offence to politely ask people not to attend. You could even ask people to donate their admission money to LIST.

If we can get the gate lower than the 131 at the last home game, then surely The Doc can see the fans are dead against increasing debts further by playing at the Halton Stadium.
Tony, what is your obsession with demonstrations, pickets and the like ?

What part of "you WILL look very stupid" do you not grasp ?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 16th, 2005, 2:30 pm #8

We're still waiting for your blueprint.

What are you thoughts and plans re yesterday's question posed ?

All feasible or achievable plans welcome.

Alan C
Alan C

March 16th, 2005, 3:29 pm #9

If you were worth talking to you would know that I have a copy of LIST's business proposal and that I intend to meet up with them to discuss this next week. I cannot discuss this confidential document on here because it's not my duty to do so.

As for a blueprint I'm not sure I need to provide one really. Ridiculing somebody for coming up with stupid ideas does not mean I have to save a football club.

Trevor
Trevor

March 16th, 2005, 3:55 pm #10

What you fail to realise is that the gate money that you hand over is not lining the Docs pockets. In fact the Doc doesnt see it. It costs x amount per game to rent the stadium. At a home game, the council keep the gate and subtract it from x (equalling y), then present y to the club as the figure to pay.

If the Doc is not paying this money, it is accumulating as a debt. If LIST take over the running of the club, then LIST would have to pay this debt. I am not advocating it but surely the best course of action if you really want to protest, is to pay your entrance money and do it inside the ground. At least the Doc will see any protest that way. But as Alan said, who is really going to protest? We aint got the fans to do it! Would you do it Tony?
Whilst the stadium does deduct the rent from the gate receipts, the council does not allow the club to incur a high debt. As a result, The Doc has been paying the debts.
This would mean that the only outstanding debt, would be for Saturdays game, as the council are now demanding a pay as you play.
The Doc has taken responsibility for payment of this game, so no debt would actually be passed on, just the Doc increasing his own debt.

The Doc is never going to get any return on his investment, other than a pittance per share ammount that LIST are proposing.

No supporters on Sat will = No percentage of gaet money paid, plus frustration of opening an empty ground, empty bar etc.

The supporters need to carry out some action, simply turning up and going homw with nothing said or done will not achieve anything.

Personally the club should experiment with one game at warrington town or Witton, allow enough publicity time and choose the best date when United, Liverpool and Everton are not at home.
Then use this as the basis for seeing how successful a move would be. Even knock £2 off the admission price to compensate for increased travel costs and reduced ground rent costs.
The Doc cannot base any future move ideas without conducting some form of market research.

Confirmation of reply: