Players released

Players released

The executioner
The executioner

October 7th, 2004, 7:33 am #1

Lightfoot has stated that at least 2 players will be released, and replaced.Anybody any idea who these players are.If you were Lightfoot which 2 players would you release.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 7th, 2004, 9:09 am #2

I would release Lightfoot the Footballer and Lightfoot the Manager

Daz
Daz

October 7th, 2004, 11:22 am #3

Let the new manager get rid of the deadwood players and theres more than 2 of them.

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

October 7th, 2004, 4:46 pm #4

If I was Lighty and had to get rid of 2 of the squad, in my opinion it would have to be...

Ged Nolan, tries his best but his best is way off the mark unfortunatley.

Lee Kissok, was a good signing when he came last season but rarely even turns up for games now and when he plays he shows very little interest and misses simple chances.

As for Lighty, all on here know I am 100% behind him as a manager, has has finally openly admitted that the last few weeks have been bad and is axing players to bring in new and keep those here on their toes.

Last night I was watching the Bristol away game on video and Lighty was our best player, he was in defence and never looked under any pressure and did everything well, so in my opinion he shold bring himself back into the defence with Robbo, Ello, Nessy and Tom.

Any SERIOUS opinions?

Tony
Tony

October 7th, 2004, 5:42 pm #5

John Carroll and Tommy Miller were always good in defence for us, should we bring them back as well?

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

October 8th, 2004, 4:20 pm #6

All I am saying is that we have a good, very experienced defender sat on the bench.

Confirmation of reply: