Msg to Fallon

Msg to Fallon

Ste Biggy
Ste Biggy

July 28th, 2005, 6:38 pm #1

No views or opinions wilkl be given, but who will you be supporting next season Runcorn FC ( Halton ) or Runcorn Town?

FALLON
FALLON

July 28th, 2005, 11:34 pm #2

I will not be attending any FC Halton games now that they are playing full time in Prescot.

It was OK for three matches at the end of last season, but I said to them at the end of last season that I will not support them unless they can seriously indicate that they want to move back to Runcorn going forward. This they have not done. OK yes it was in the Weekly News that they are wanting to move to Pavilions, but that was THREE MONTHS AGO, and nothing has progressed since. Its now a case of "Welcome to Franchise Football, Unibond Style".

In case you are wondering what I am basing this decision on. Well its that they are not in my eyes Runcorn FC anymore. I totally understand people who thought that when we left Canal Street. I didnt. My view was that we have basically moved two miles, and that we were still Runcorn FC. However now, by moving permanently to Prescot, it has gone too far. Fact is that they have moved to Prescot and have no prospect of ever returning to Runcorn. They are, in all but name, Prescot2. And if I wanted to watch a team in Prescot, I could have watched Prescot Cables, so it holds no interest for me anymore.

At the end of the day, all most of us want is to watch a decent game of football in the Runcorn area. Somewhere where it is a good atmosphere, where we can have a pint before and after the game, then get a taxi home later. You could at Canal Street. You could at the Halton Stadium (although the taxi was dearer!). But you cant from Prescot.

Which is why I have made the decision to support AFC Runcorn from this season onwards. Or Runcorn Town. Or whatever they will call themselves after "Runcorn FC Halton" stop objecting (yes I can reveal that they have objected to Runcorn Town too). What anyone else wants to do is up to them.

daz law
daz law

July 29th, 2005, 11:23 am #3

No views or opinions wilkl be given, but who will you be supporting next season Runcorn FC ( Halton ) or Runcorn Town?
martin i think ur out order wots going wiv the trust now then

Tufty
Tufty

July 29th, 2005, 11:42 am #4

Hopefully AFC Runcorn (Runcorn Town) can now be taken forward.
FC Halton of Prescot have got a nerve challenging the use of the name FC Runcorn, if it was challenged they wouldnt win. They havent played in Runcorn for several years and use an admin address outside of Runcorn.
Daz, if you had any sense, you would follow FC Runcorn, not give any more money to the Chairman of FC Halton of Prescot and develop a team in Runcorn.

The way forward is for the Trust to put its ideas into FC Runcorn, come up with a strategy and then apply for all available sports, lottery and council grants in order to develop a ground.

Its a big step for Fallon to do this and hopefully that will influence others to move over to a true Town team.

Done the right way, with the positive help of the local press, this can only be a good thing for football in Runcorn.

FC United managed to gain admission into the NWCL2. with ground planse etc, then FC Runcorn can follow suit.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 29th, 2005, 12:02 pm #5

martin i think ur out order wots going wiv the trust now then
Darren, you are in your early twenties. Stop writing in text like a 12 year old school girl.
When someone like Martin Fallon posts a message like this, it deserves attention because there is no better supporter Runcorn than Martin. I can imagine he has written this with a heavy heart and has not come to this decision lightly. I agree with him 100%.
As for these challenges to Runcorn Town, they're petty. People will see them for that and in the end Mond will become Runcorn with or without a suffix. Here's a second chance for football in Runcorn and if done properly, it can succeed.

FALLON
FALLON

July 29th, 2005, 12:03 pm #6

Hopefully AFC Runcorn (Runcorn Town) can now be taken forward.
FC Halton of Prescot have got a nerve challenging the use of the name FC Runcorn, if it was challenged they wouldnt win. They havent played in Runcorn for several years and use an admin address outside of Runcorn.
Daz, if you had any sense, you would follow FC Runcorn, not give any more money to the Chairman of FC Halton of Prescot and develop a team in Runcorn.

The way forward is for the Trust to put its ideas into FC Runcorn, come up with a strategy and then apply for all available sports, lottery and council grants in order to develop a ground.

Its a big step for Fallon to do this and hopefully that will influence others to move over to a true Town team.

Done the right way, with the positive help of the local press, this can only be a good thing for football in Runcorn.

FC United managed to gain admission into the NWCL2. with ground planse etc, then FC Runcorn can follow suit.
Why do you think I am out of order? Can you put some constructive reasons as to why you think this? Liklihood is that I will have an answer to it because a lot of thought has gone into me making this decision.

As for the Trust. Well what about it? I will not be a part of it obviously. There are vacancies on the board if you want to get on board. As for the ideas, yes I will take them to Runcorn Town. At least they may get used there!

ned
ned

July 29th, 2005, 6:28 pm #7

I will not be attending any FC Halton games now that they are playing full time in Prescot.

It was OK for three matches at the end of last season, but I said to them at the end of last season that I will not support them unless they can seriously indicate that they want to move back to Runcorn going forward. This they have not done. OK yes it was in the Weekly News that they are wanting to move to Pavilions, but that was THREE MONTHS AGO, and nothing has progressed since. Its now a case of "Welcome to Franchise Football, Unibond Style".

In case you are wondering what I am basing this decision on. Well its that they are not in my eyes Runcorn FC anymore. I totally understand people who thought that when we left Canal Street. I didnt. My view was that we have basically moved two miles, and that we were still Runcorn FC. However now, by moving permanently to Prescot, it has gone too far. Fact is that they have moved to Prescot and have no prospect of ever returning to Runcorn. They are, in all but name, Prescot2. And if I wanted to watch a team in Prescot, I could have watched Prescot Cables, so it holds no interest for me anymore.

At the end of the day, all most of us want is to watch a decent game of football in the Runcorn area. Somewhere where it is a good atmosphere, where we can have a pint before and after the game, then get a taxi home later. You could at Canal Street. You could at the Halton Stadium (although the taxi was dearer!). But you cant from Prescot.

Which is why I have made the decision to support AFC Runcorn from this season onwards. Or Runcorn Town. Or whatever they will call themselves after "Runcorn FC Halton" stop objecting (yes I can reveal that they have objected to Runcorn Town too). What anyone else wants to do is up to them.
dear mr fallon i am the assistant manager of runcorn town and would like to welcome you and fellow supporters to runcorn town fc.On thursday 4th aug we are playing fc halton at our ground in runcorn and if you fancy a pint after the game with myself and gary moores and the players you are most welcome thank you for your nice comments about us hope to see you there.NED

FALLON
FALLON

July 29th, 2005, 8:47 pm #8

But some of us play Darts on a Thursday night!! Will hold you to that pint though!!

ned
ned

July 29th, 2005, 9:21 pm #9

no problem mr fallon if you budding phil taylors are free on sat 6th we are at home to warrington town 3pm k.o and the pint will be waiting for you then.THANKS NED

daz law
daz law

July 30th, 2005, 8:18 pm #10

Why do you think I am out of order? Can you put some constructive reasons as to why you think this? Liklihood is that I will have an answer to it because a lot of thought has gone into me making this decision.

As for the Trust. Well what about it? I will not be a part of it obviously. There are vacancies on the board if you want to get on board. As for the ideas, yes I will take them to Runcorn Town. At least they may get used there!
i do understand why in a way martin but youve done so much m8 i wish jst stay with runcorn afc n helping likes me si and the diehards supports getting the club back the where it belongs. the reason y i think the trust not getting neway is that u done have ne people apart from urself n si the will speak there minds m8. i told si months again that i want to gett on the aboard aswell as me dad to give us the back up u needed to speak up m8. Neway m8 good luck to you. wissh all the best ne chance me getting the flag off you m8 let know or email me at daz11223@aol.com

Confirmation of reply: