message for steve wilkes

message for steve wilkes

realistic ronnie
realistic ronnie

September 2nd, 2009, 2:40 pm #1

time to go steve.decent bloke but you just have not got it right here.even your staunch supporters have started to see that the end has come and a loss against staveley will fast track a goodbye.leave now whilst heads and pride can be kept and dont let it get to the point of nasty personal comments be made about you on here or worse the boos at the games.

if you are as passionate about this club and the fans as much as you say you are you will do whats right for them and leave with dignity.

Concerned Fan
Concerned Fan

September 2nd, 2009, 3:14 pm #2

But he is not going to resign.
The Board need to take action, like they should have done last April when the season ended.
He wasnt the right man for the job 12 months ago, he wasnt the right man for the job 8 months ago, he wasnt the right man for the job 6 months ago and he wasnt the right man for the job 3 weeks ago.
He still isnt he right man for the job now.

I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

September 2nd, 2009, 5:31 pm #3

3 defeats on the run 10 goals conceded, new players in one week out the next, it's the same as last season. With a return to Runcorn looming it's vital we are on a sound platform next season playing wise. We need a manager with a proven record at this level!

Wilkes must go, act now

Uncle Alf
Uncle Alf

September 2nd, 2009, 5:42 pm #4

I think people need to realise that we are a NWCL side and always will be.
We dont have the ambition at player, manager or board level to progress.
The board are happy to simply be playing in Runcorn in front of 100 fans, as long as they can pat each other on the back over getting Runcorn FC back to Runcorn, failing to realise it is NOT Runcorn FC but a new club.
Runcorn Town are our real rivals now, not the likes of Alty, Mac or Northwich, not even Witton or Vauxhall GM.
We are now competing with Runcorn Town for players, sponsors and fans and we in reality are 2nd best to them.
Its time some fans got to grip with reality and stopped fooling themselves over challenging for leagues or cups, them days went 15 years ago.

pub regular
pub regular

September 2nd, 2009, 6:57 pm #5

But he is not going to resign.
The Board need to take action, like they should have done last April when the season ended.
He wasnt the right man for the job 12 months ago, he wasnt the right man for the job 8 months ago, he wasnt the right man for the job 6 months ago and he wasnt the right man for the job 3 weeks ago.
He still isnt he right man for the job now.
boos at the games. the clique would ban you for that.
agree wilkes is a decent bloke, would be nice if he could leave with some dignity intact
but his time is just about up
a mutual consent arrangement will be best

the board have to be cynical now, sort out the next manager first
dont get rid then start holding interviews, find the next manager now and tap him up
everyone else does it
someone with a track record of getting a lot out of a smallish budget
and dont let the 3 wise men who held the last interviews anywhere near it
otherwise the same thing will happen in 12 or 18 months

but dont expect any foresight from our great leaders
theyll hire the cleaner from ashton town

September 2nd, 2009, 8:41 pm #6

Garry Moore from Helsby should get the job

September 2nd, 2009, 8:45 pm #7

boos at the games. the clique would ban you for that.
agree wilkes is a decent bloke, would be nice if he could leave with some dignity intact
but his time is just about up
a mutual consent arrangement will be best

the board have to be cynical now, sort out the next manager first
dont get rid then start holding interviews, find the next manager now and tap him up
everyone else does it
someone with a track record of getting a lot out of a smallish budget
and dont let the 3 wise men who held the last interviews anywhere near it
otherwise the same thing will happen in 12 or 18 months

but dont expect any foresight from our great leaders
theyll hire the cleaner from ashton town
well the cynics are out again why are'nt we doing this,why are'nt we doing that,why is he not playing,why is he playing...jesus we have only played a handful of games give it a rest,as a supporter who has been to every game home and away like a few others,i would say after watching all the games a fair assessment would be chill out the lads will put it right,yes we have used a few loan players up to now but we have also made some good signings its just unfortunate we seem to be loseing players every game with injuries and bloody holidays,being forced into making changes,the gaffer has brought some great players in on loan like mullvanney,if we would have had the connections we seem to have now last season we might have finished higher,new players WANTING to come to our club players of good pedigree surely cant be a bad thing so give it a little more time before you start building the gallows and get behind the gaffer and the squad and lets run with it.and where anybody thinks we were crap last night bulls...first 15 mins we should have been 2-0 up but poor finishing,next quick break and 1-0 down and then five mins later 2-0 down and we just lost all composure and let them run things,second half the gaffer changed a couple of things and for 30 mins we ran them ragged,sherlock put some wicked crosses in and honestly i could have got to at least 2 of them we just did'nt have it for the final third of the pitch,then it was one of the officials finest moment a penalty from the liner[to which the ref said it was the liners decision]so that tells you how poor the ref was,3-0 and the last 15 mins against the wall again,but as deano stated they were there for the taking and we missed our chance,so lets get behind the lads,biggy come on saturday and get with the ultras and cheer the lads no need for doom and gloom we all have to pick ourselves up dust ourselves down and sing our bloody hearts out,and as you stated last week daz be the twelth man,and leave team matters to the gaffer,club matters to the board,and stand on the terraces as part of a team.....COME ON THE CORN............W.I.G.

Cowboy
Cowboy

September 2nd, 2009, 10:10 pm #8

After the Nelson game I said we'd see how good the lads were over the coming two weeks. We should have beat Formby but didn't. Family and work meant I've missed the two defeats at Bamber and Newcastle. Two teams riding high in divisions you'd have expected two defeats.

Stavely is a HUGE game. They are no mugs as a couple of draws with Squires Gate shows and very nearly dumped Clitheroe out of the cup last Saturday. Is defeat on Saturday unthinkable?

Well we may well be heading into the second week of september out of both FA competitions. Winning the Cheshire Senior Cup isn't a realistic prospect which might just leave the league cup and a long slog in the league. Not a huge draw for interest or sponsors but we are where we are.

Shoot me for this BUT the key is getting the club back to Runcorn. Anything at all on the pitch this season is a bonus. THe seemingly disjointed nature of pre-season both on and off the pitch certainly hasn't helped...where might we be if Crewe had have decided to stay at Curzon??? I suspect the ground issue resulted in some of the focus off the field being lost. That is understandable as it must have taken up alot of time. However, losing a major sponsor was careless. Equally, seeing Glyn and Mike G organising Sportsman's Dinners for Runcorn Town through their sports dinners company is a crying shame. We have no autumn event to look forward to and truth be told nobody with Glyn's drive and enthusiasm to make one a resounding success if we did.

It's not all gloom and doom. If and when we start to see building work and progress it gives us a shot in the arm. Dave Bettley might even get FRONT PAGE column inches then. However, Runcorn Town may already have stolen that thunder with floodlights up and an unbeaten start to their season. They are either very canny or very lucky with their timing. Ironically, two successful teams in the town might actually help each other in raising the profile of each other as they battle it out for fans, sponsorship and column inches.

So forward to Saturday. A win and we can breath a little easier. A bit of luck in front of goal and were away. I'm certain the players will be up for it. They'll certainly feel thet owe the fans a performance after 3 defeats. I suspect thats Cunny's attitude (if the lads fit) Hamstrings don't heal quickly do they? A defeat...well you tell me? I suspect no matter what the board may keep faith with the manager simply because they can't afford the time to look for another with the ground issues. We can't afford the distraction.

Rambling over.....

September 2nd, 2009, 11:41 pm #9

time to go steve.decent bloke but you just have not got it right here.even your staunch supporters have started to see that the end has come and a loss against staveley will fast track a goodbye.leave now whilst heads and pride can be kept and dont let it get to the point of nasty personal comments be made about you on here or worse the boos at the games.

if you are as passionate about this club and the fans as much as you say you are you will do whats right for them and leave with dignity.
come on chaps, why dont you put all this on the official forum?

Tony
Tony

September 3rd, 2009, 7:48 am #10

The people of Runcorn will not be tempted to turn up for NWCL1 football. The club left the town playing one league below the Conference, with promiss from the Chairman that Widnes would bring bigger gates and league football, all false hope.
Now, many years later, a team that has never played in Runcorn expects to be welcomed back. I spoke to one Murdishaw resident on Sunday, who is quite active in the community groups in the area, his response to Runcorn playing at Halton Sports was "Runcorn Football club never wanted to know the new Town, it ignored the potential players in the New Town and never made New Town people feel welcome at Canal Street. Most people I know, dont want one of our pitches sacrificed for them".

I hate to say it, but the potential at Runcorn Town is a lot higher than that of The Linnets. They have a better location, a better club house, more ambition from a board level, more community involvement and established youth and reserve teams. Linnets fans may look down on Runcorn Town, but in reality its the other way round.
Runcorn Linnets rely on a lot (Well most) their media coverage from Dave Bettley, if he ever left the local paper, then the club would receive little coverage, as is shown when Dave is on holiday.

If anyone visits Runcorn Town, they will see a host of people who used to watch Runcorn FC, a host of people involved in the club who used to support Runcorn FC, in many ways it feels more like Runcorn FC than Runcorn Linnets does. Its little suprise that Glyn and Mike are now helping Runcorn Town, as at the end of the day, it offers more to football in Runcorn than the constant drag of peoples cash from Runcorn Linnets, who have never acknowledged the town of Runcorn, other than seeking money from sponsors and fans.

The biggest stride that Runcorn Linnets could have taken, would be to return to Runcorn in the Unibond League. Results over the past 12 months have been shocking, the football has been shocking and defeats outweigh victories, with most defeats being heavy losses.

The current board think that the return to Runcorn will be the best thing to happen to the club, but currently they are ignoring the present and forgetting to lay the foundations whilst they try and build above, unfortunately it will all come crashing down.
Runcorn Town arent worried by Runcorn Linnets playing in Runcorn and that says a lot.

Confirmation of reply: