Looks like Carragher was right not to play Runcorn Town

Looks like Carragher was right not to play Runcorn Town

Simon
Simon

July 26th, 2006, 10:05 am #1

After mentioning about how they go out to kick people, rather than play football.
An Altrincham player was stretchered off last night with a broken leg.
Thats the problem with playing low level pub sides.

FALLON
FALLON

July 26th, 2006, 11:26 am #2

Thats a bang out of order comment. Yes an Altrincham player was stretched off in last night's game as a result of a 50/50 tackle of which there was no arguments over by both sides.

Also Runcorn Linnets did want a friendly and actually approached Town in the first place. The only reason it didnt happen was because there were no suitable dates.

If Town are a "low level pub team" then why approach us in the first place?
I also believe that there are several players from this so called "pub team" who are playing this season for the Linnets.

Simon
Simon

July 26th, 2006, 11:45 am #3

That when Runcorn Town/ Gen Chems face Runcorn FC/Runcorn FC Halton, that the players of Gen Chems/Runcorn Town feel they have something to prove and go in for nasty tackles.
The fixture has a history of bad injuries to the Runcorn FC players.

The fixture would have been a good PR excercise for Runcorn Fc and a game in the home town.

f.a.o simon
f.a.o simon

July 26th, 2006, 12:06 pm #4

your talking out of ur arse , it was a fair 50/50 tackle both players were fully committed for the ball, unfortunatley the alty came out worse , so to come out with a post like u have done , its just fuckin pathetic

runnerglyn
runnerglyn

July 26th, 2006, 12:31 pm #5

Bit of harmony chaps, after all there is a young lad with a bad injury trying to make his way in the game lets not forget him here

FALLON
FALLON

July 26th, 2006, 12:39 pm #6

That when Runcorn Town/ Gen Chems face Runcorn FC/Runcorn FC Halton, that the players of Gen Chems/Runcorn Town feel they have something to prove and go in for nasty tackles.
The fixture has a history of bad injuries to the Runcorn FC players.

The fixture would have been a good PR excercise for Runcorn Fc and a game in the home town.
Runcorn Town is one season old and played Runcorn FC Halton last pre-season. As I recall there were no problems on the injury front to any Runcorn FC Halton players and I can find no evidence to support what you say.

Prior to last season, as Mond Rangers, the club had never played against Runcorn / Runcorn FC Halton.

As for Gen Chems matches, I cannot comment on this, but Chems are a completely different club to Runcorn Town.

I think your last statement says it all, and that you are just bitter that the Town v Linnets game didnt come off as "a good PR excercise".

FALLON
FALLON

July 26th, 2006, 12:42 pm #7

Bit of harmony chaps, after all there is a young lad with a bad injury trying to make his way in the game lets not forget him here
Its the lad we should be talking about here. The tackle was OK, no mistimed or nothing, and he unfortunately came out of it like he did.

Just to say he has broken his fibula and tibia and is having an operation today. He may have to have plate / screws inserted into his leg.

linno
linno

July 26th, 2006, 1:12 pm #8

Thats a bang out of order comment. Yes an Altrincham player was stretched off in last night's game as a result of a 50/50 tackle of which there was no arguments over by both sides.

Also Runcorn Linnets did want a friendly and actually approached Town in the first place. The only reason it didnt happen was because there were no suitable dates.

If Town are a "low level pub team" then why approach us in the first place?
I also believe that there are several players from this so called "pub team" who are playing this season for the Linnets.
injuries can happen in any match,to anyplayer,no one likes to see this,good luck to the alty player with his recovery,i seen linnets match last night,good match for first game,are i think there was some town players there who played.

anon
anon

July 26th, 2006, 3:37 pm #9

Runcorn Town is one season old and played Runcorn FC Halton last pre-season. As I recall there were no problems on the injury front to any Runcorn FC Halton players and I can find no evidence to support what you say.

Prior to last season, as Mond Rangers, the club had never played against Runcorn / Runcorn FC Halton.

As for Gen Chems matches, I cannot comment on this, but Chems are a completely different club to Runcorn Town.

I think your last statement says it all, and that you are just bitter that the Town v Linnets game didnt come off as "a good PR excercise".
i heard things were not so well after towns match,maybe more changes in store!!!!

anon
anon

July 26th, 2006, 3:56 pm #10

Its the lad we should be talking about here. The tackle was OK, no mistimed or nothing, and he unfortunately came out of it like he did.

Just to say he has broken his fibula and tibia and is having an operation today. He may have to have plate / screws inserted into his leg.
people ave the right to play,or support whoever they want,not knock one another,a lot of work{unseen}goes on behind clubs,people who give up there time for this should be given credit,regardless of wat team/league they are in,best luck to injured alty player,supporters ,players dont want to see this kind of injury happen to anyone.

Confirmation of reply: