Join the Linnets board

Join the Linnets board

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 1st, 2011, 12:39 pm #1

The Trust AGM is to be held at the Millbank Linnets Stadium clubhouse on Thursday 8th December 2011 starting at 7:30pm. There will be 6 places on the club board available to candidates. If you are unable to print your own Nomination Form, then copies can be mailed upon request via the Contact Us page or by calling the clubline on 07050 801733. Nominations need to be submitted by 17th November 2011.

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 1st, 2011, 4:02 pm #2

Which board members have to stand for election again?
No doubt, Phil Wainwright will once again be co-opted onto the board and Paul Ramsden will maintain a board level position without being either elected or co-opted.
Two members of the same family should also be prohibited from holding board level positions at the same time.

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 1st, 2011, 5:03 pm #3

nothing will change, the clique will keep control

ANDO
ANDO

November 2nd, 2011, 8:47 am #4

if you dont like it , either put up or shut up , dont no Phil really only to say ok to . BUT from what i have seen ( RAFC DAYS GRANTED ) he always had the clubs best intrests at heart . so if you have a problem put your NAME and let people decide what YOU !!!!!! have ever contributed .

Barry
Barry

November 3rd, 2011, 1:54 pm #5

The Trust AGM is to be held at the Millbank Linnets Stadium clubhouse on Thursday 8th December 2011 starting at 7:30pm. There will be 6 places on the club board available to candidates. If you are unable to print your own Nomination Form, then copies can be mailed upon request via the Contact Us page or by calling the clubline on 07050 801733. Nominations need to be submitted by 17th November 2011.
Your right, Tony. Phil gets it in the neck for a decision that ISN'T his to make (co-opting him). You'll never meet a more egoless, unassuming guy than Phil (worked with him for a short time at the DEP 20+ years ago) who's totally dedicated to his team. Maybe he should stand...he would get voted in anyway and end all the nonsense talked about the poor fella.

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 3rd, 2011, 1:58 pm #6

Who's up for re-election? (not that most of them actually got elected last time, just maintained a position as nobody else applied for election).
Will those applying for election receive a warning letter off the current chairman as past applicants have received?
How many trust members are there currently?

ste b
ste b

November 4th, 2011, 8:14 am #7

this is true.they are some good people on that board and phil wainwright is one of them.hes been there since day one well he has for me when i watched my first runcorn match in 81 he was there.his double act in the programme shop with another well respected man in roy pickering gave him my eternal thanks as a young programme collector that programme shop was a gold mine for me back then and i got to know phil and roy really well.phil is a top bloke.i have respect for him.i always speak and talk to him and if i ever go a linnets game which is rare i will make an effort to go seek him out and find him.if he did stand for the board properly you right he would get the votes he needs no problems cause he is a goodman.not many of them on that board but phil wainwright and mark buckley are two of them.

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 4th, 2011, 8:43 am #8

Nobody is criticising Phil Wainwright as a person.
What is being criticised is the way in which he has alloweed to remain on a board position for so long without ever being elected.
A co-opted position should only last for 12 months, with a new person taking the role each season.

ANDO
ANDO

November 4th, 2011, 9:37 am #9

well like i said dumbo put your name on your posts , and try and make a differance and put your name forward for election . And yes i saw it as a verbal attack on phil . The problem is still there from the RAFC days too many people critisise and do NOTHING about it . the abuse john carroll got and the doc was discraceful . spelling crap I know Barry son , thats why you went grammar and i didnt , plus the incorrect answers on the 11+ probaly didnt help .

Probable board member
Probable board member

November 4th, 2011, 10:41 am #10

Your defending The Doc?

Carroll got abuse based on results, its a results business.

People put themselves in public positions and as such, the public/supporters are allowed to ask questions, make demands.

Have you put yourself forward?

Confirmation of reply: