Calling All Fans Who Wont Go To Widnes

Calling All Fans Who Wont Go To Widnes

FALLON
FALLON

October 4th, 2004, 7:37 pm #1

Tomorrow night's FA Cup Second Qualifying Round replay has been moved to Wincham Park, home of Witton Albion. This is due to work being done on the Halton Stadium Pitch ahead of the Rugby League Grand Final that is taking place on Sunday afternoon.

Surely this just demonstrated that the people who run the Halton Stadium do not want Runcorn playing at the ground. This is the SECOND game that has been called off because of this, as next Tuesday's game against Altrincham was scheduled originally for Saturday.

Take this opportunity to go to Witton on Tuesday night and show the people in charge of the club that the support is there. Even if you dont go to support the team and you no longer know any of the players, so what? Go the game and make your voice heard. It may be the only opportunity that supporters get to show the people in charge of the football club that support is still there but not as long as we play in Widnes.

If there are 500+ fans there tomorrow night, then the Doc will sit up and take notice. This is guaranteed because there is no way we would have got more than 220 if it was at the Stadium and he probably knows it. Forget all this "2700 fans" crap that has got very old now. If there are 500 there tomorrow, it will be noted.

Admission to the game is £7.00 Adults. £3.50 Concessions. Concessions include students, under 16's and OAP's.

Turn up tomorrow. It may be the last chance.

darrend
darrend

October 4th, 2004, 8:35 pm #2

Its great news to be playing a game from the Halton Stadium so lets hope everybody does turn up now, if only to show the doc what he has cost the club.
Judging by the lack of response to your post Fallon it looks like everybody has put the blinkers on and will come back on here on wednesday morning.

FALLON
FALLON

October 5th, 2004, 7:57 am #3

Are any of the "no-go-Widnes" people going tonight? In my opinion, if you don't go to Witton tonight then you cannot critisise the club playing at the Halton Stadium, even though it is obviously not working over there.

Like Alan C said, the club is not the same as it was. But why still come on this site if there is no feeling left? Obviously there is something still in there no matter how dormant! Get to Northwich and show the club - it may be the only chance you get.

A.
A.

October 5th, 2004, 9:58 am #4

In agreement with the above posts. ALL those who critisise the club for playing in Widnes should take this opportunity to put their words into actions. Why say you would watch the club if they played somewhere else, and then not turn up when it has happened ?
If the gate tonight is still around the 200 mark then it is clear that no matter where this team play, the extra interest is not there.

It will be interesting to see who does indeed turn up. Surely as stated above, this may be the last chance to show the Doc we cannot suvive in Widnes. If you post on this site, deep down you must still have an interest in Runcorn so we urge you all to show it at Witton.

Regards
A.

Tufty
Tufty

October 5th, 2004, 10:26 am #5

Working in London this week.
I would have gone to this.
If someone wants to somehow click me through the turnstyle, I will gladly pass on the £7

Wittons ideal, get behind them goals and let the Doc know what you want, what you think of Widnes. make sure you use the social club, as the more money Witton make out of this, the better for Runcorns Future chances.

FADING FAST
FADING FAST

October 5th, 2004, 11:17 am #6

In agreement with the above posts. ALL those who critisise the club for playing in Widnes should take this opportunity to put their words into actions. Why say you would watch the club if they played somewhere else, and then not turn up when it has happened ?
If the gate tonight is still around the 200 mark then it is clear that no matter where this team play, the extra interest is not there.

It will be interesting to see who does indeed turn up. Surely as stated above, this may be the last chance to show the Doc we cannot suvive in Widnes. If you post on this site, deep down you must still have an interest in Runcorn so we urge you all to show it at Witton.

Regards
A.
Do not think the attendance will increase tonight due to the short notice of the change of venue. How do you expect an increased attendance when the fans are kept in the dark until the last minute. Once again the Doc totally misjudged the total disregard of Runcorn Football Club by this utterly ******* Council of ours.

Totally Bemused by these insensetive actions by the Council,just to cater for people outside of Halton, but there again did the Doc have prior knowledge of this possible change but kept the fans in the dark hoping that there would be no replay??

I do not think there are another set of fans anywhere in the country who have been treated so badly.

This is the Doc and the Council both acting appallingly.

Fed up with the whole situation what we need is a benefactor maybe Mr Jordan (ex Redrow Homes) would help??

See You.

FALLON
FALLON

October 5th, 2004, 12:34 pm #7

I personally do not think attendances will be that up tonight but I can see an attendance of over 271 which would mean our biggest of the season. 500 would be nice but cant see it. Will be interesting to see anyway.

Like you say, announcing it 24 hours before the match is scheduled to kick off is not great. Whether the club knew about it beforehand I dont know, but surely this is the loudest possible message by the council that we are not wanted at that ground! Also must thank Witton for agreeing at the 11th hour to help us, or else we would have been going back to Fleetwood probably!

Also your last comment about a benefactor. Surely that is the last thing we would want as that is swapping like for like, ie one man in charge of things with nothing to fall back on. Best thing I think is for a commitee run club (like Marine) playing back in Runcorn (somewhere) and with people on the committee with the clubs best interests at heart. Its how we get there thats the problem!

FADING FAST
FADING FAST

October 5th, 2004, 2:20 pm #8

Something has to be done, whether a benefactor comes in with the proviso that the club was run by a committe is something which I would be all for but it is plainly evident that we cannot continue in the vein that we are doing at present.

We are like a rudderless ship drifting in the night, we need true leadership.

For all of his money he has put in the Doc is not passionate about the club, he hardly turns up at the games, why he dos'nt go surprises me.

Still feel that there maybe a benefactor out there who would step in if the Doc said he wanted out.

Old Runcornian
Old Runcornian

October 5th, 2004, 2:52 pm #9

See you tonight.
I just hope the Doc is there so I can have a quick word to say, "Im here".

The Doc will be laughing though, as the short notice of the fixture, will mean not a lot of the old fans know.

RFCH Press Office
RFCH Press Office

October 5th, 2004, 4:47 pm #10

True there was little notice but I think I did as good a job as possible in letting as manay people as possible know.

This morning (7.00am) I was on the phone to WireFM, CityFM, CenturyFM, Radio Merseyside, and BBC GMR to get in on their sports bulletin. I also put calls into Radio Lancashire, TowerFM and WaveFM (both Blackpool) to let any Fleetwood fans know. (TalkSport wouldnt put it on as it was "a local issue" and they are a national station!)

I also contacted Ceefax, Teletext, and a few websites (thefa.com, nonleaguedaily.com, and fleetwoodtownfc.co.uk to name but three) to put it on. It also appeared in this mornings Daily Post and Liverpool Echo after late calls last night.

Dont think there was much more I could have done given the late notice but would welcome any other (sensible) suggestions if anyone thinks I missed anyone.

Confirmation of reply: