announcement on the official site

announcement on the official site

urkey
urkey

March 15th, 2010, 1:14 pm #1

Excellent news for the devolpment of the club within the local community.

Daz law
Daz law

March 15th, 2010, 1:22 pm #2

Cracking news more to come within few weeks regarding young linnets scheme etc .

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 15th, 2010, 1:44 pm #3

Great news.
Just a pity a local Runcorn team wasnt picked to be the Linnets Youth team, rather than a club from Widnes.
Someone such as Brookvale Juniors would have been a great choice.

Daz law
Daz law

March 15th, 2010, 1:57 pm #4

I will behonest theres more talks going on with other clubs to be involved , just be patient with the group .

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 15th, 2010, 2:48 pm #5

Whats your involvement Darren?

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 15th, 2010, 3:17 pm #6

i seriously hope his involvement is none, this needs to be done properly.

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 15th, 2010, 5:59 pm #7

Excellent news for the club, the youth development scheme is tremdously hard to be granted so for the club to secure this and invest in the local youth is the best PR that could possible help. Plus by having the team from Widnes, players and parents alike will be attracted by this new venture in Runcorn.

Absolutely superb and people who knock Daz should just look at his commitment for the supporters team! If Daz learned to chill out on forums and not rise to bate then he any semi pro club with his devotion would be in a better position.

Tufty
Tufty

March 15th, 2010, 6:01 pm #8

i seriously hope his involvement is none, this needs to be done properly.
A good move and something thats needed to progress the club on a playing side as well as a community side. I echo the thoughts that it should have been a Runcorn team chosen for the youth set up, or even a complete new team, bringing in the best players from the borough.
Its something that Runcorn FC never fully utilised and implemented far to late in the day. Alan Jones youth side proved to be very productive for the 1st team.
Lets hope that this is the stepping stone and that junior in football in Runcorn can benefit from these ties and that younger teams can be established to feed through the levels.
One thing that is needed is an improvement in facilities and coaching in the Runcorn area and hopefully this can help with that.

urkey
urkey

March 15th, 2010, 7:55 pm #9

The fact the youth team is comming from Widnes is irrelevent, to me, the way I see it is its going to generate intrest from across the water, and in theory, attract the best young players from across Halton be it they live in Runcorn or Widnes.
The education qualifications that are now been made available to 16 - 18 year olds is also a real feather in the cap for the club and the club should be congratulated for setting this up.
If this is a sign of things to come then the club will become a very important part of the community!

Probable board member
Probable board member

March 15th, 2010, 8:21 pm #10

The best young players from across the Borough end up at Liverpool, Everton, Tranmere, Crewe, Wigan, Bolton, Man Utd and Man City.
There is no prestige for a youngster to train with a NWCL side.
What the reserve and hopefully an under 18's side can do, is pick up and progress these kids when they get rejected from the bigger sides. Far too often they loose all faith in football and drift away from the game.

Yes, its a good move by the club to have a youth and reserve structure and hopefully this can increase the interest in the club.

Confirmation of reply: