1-1 Full time

Craig Nelson
Craig Nelson

November 8th, 2003, 5:01 pm #1

still no win against Vauxhall.

FALLON
FALLON

November 8th, 2003, 9:02 pm #2

If ever a game was played in the middle of the park this was it. We had the possession to win it I would say, but lacked the final ball. The final stats are as follows:

Goals Scored 1 1
Totl No Shts 3 1
On Trgt Shts 0 1
No Crnrs Won 3 2
Totl Offside 8 2
Free Kck Cnc 12 11
Yellow Cards 1 0 (Leady 12)
Red Cards 0 0

Story of our season really. We allow one shot against us and they score. Meanwhile 8 offsides for us, but how many of those were Leady running along the line before using his pace to go clear, only to be given offside by the linesmen?

FALLON

November 8th, 2003, 9:58 pm #3

Reading the report on the official site it looks as if we should have slaughtered them. The reports do not usually moan about bad luck, poor refereeing decisions and the like.

Was the referee really that bad?

Daz
Daz

November 8th, 2003, 10:15 pm #4

Looks like it has been written by a 3 year old child, who was upset with the score.
Shocking for an official site.

FALLON
FALLON

November 9th, 2003, 12:28 am #5

True, there were some decisions that went against us, like the push by the corner flag that the ref gave the other way, but overall, I thought that he was quite fair, and as the stats show, the free kicks conceded are about the same for both sides.

Also there were a lot of very close offsides, but this is due to the linesman and not the ref.

Referee's in this league are not too bad I dont think. Its the linesmen that need sorting out because they flag far too late for offsides, ie several seconds after the ball has been played. The way we play, with Leady up front who runs the line and uses his pace to go clear, we suffer more than most.

FALLON

SteveP
SteveP

November 9th, 2003, 8:54 am #6

Reading the report on the official site it looks as if we should have slaughtered them. The reports do not usually moan about bad luck, poor refereeing decisions and the like.

Was the referee really that bad?
I'm the "3 year old" that was "upset by the score" who wrote the mini-report on the Official Site. I disagree with Fallon in that I thought the refereeing was particularly bad yesterday. The crowd was as vocal as I've ever heard it at the Halton Stadium, so I don't think I was alone in this view.

There were at least 3 bad hand-ball decisions, two offences by Vauxhall players that were ignored, and one non-offence by Runcorn, that was penalised.

Cheers,

Steve.

Confirmation of reply: