Rise above

Rise above

October 27th, 2011, 5:03 pm #1

My job is so hard, mental and physical, like all CNAs, but I go into work each day thinking positive - what can I do today thet will make a difference? One day I will be really really nice to a resident that is a pain in the butt, but later she will tell me thank you, a rare occurance, but sooo nice to hear!! One day I will give a 99 yr old man a manicure and he is so happy!!! No hangnails!!! One day I will find larger clothes for a woman whose pants are giving her sores!! I did that!! And it feels good. I find small pieces of time through the week to do a little extra!! Yes, I never leave on time, but my co-workers may frown, but my residents are smiling. go the extra mile, your residents will love you. I like to go home happy, how about you????

October 28th, 2011, 2:46 pm #2

you can also be an advocate for your residents that don't have any one for them and cannot speak for themselves

November 19th, 2011, 2:40 am #3

My job is so hard, mental and physical, like all CNAs, but I go into work each day thinking positive - what can I do today thet will make a difference? One day I will be really really nice to a resident that is a pain in the butt, but later she will tell me thank you, a rare occurance, but sooo nice to hear!! One day I will give a 99 yr old man a manicure and he is so happy!!! No hangnails!!! One day I will find larger clothes for a woman whose pants are giving her sores!! I did that!! And it feels good. I find small pieces of time through the week to do a little extra!! Yes, I never leave on time, but my co-workers may frown, but my residents are smiling. go the extra mile, your residents will love you. I like to go home happy, how about you????
Our jobs are not easy at all, most of the time they are very stressful physical and mental.When you are on a unit with someone that don't want to work , or want to stand around with their arms folded it is very hard to deal with. Or you are on a unit with someone who ever thing they do they are asking you to help them is ever more stressful I think personal. I have been in this business over 20 years I have seen about ever type of employee you could think of. When you have two people on a unit that worked good together the shift goes well. but, when you are with some one who stand around and does nothing it is very stressful. And we know anything that happen out there on that unit(hall) if at all possible is going be lay at the feet of the CNA. Ok I will get of my soap box. Thanks for letting me vent

November 26th, 2011, 7:20 pm #4

No Roy venting is ok. and I hear you about working with a strong partner vs. a weak one. Weak staff break the backs of strong staff- and we're the first to see these people for who they really are. Unfortunately those that have the power to DO something about this are the very last to see the weakest links.

Alph
Alph

November 27th, 2011, 12:50 am #5

that is what I love about CNA work. Its so much more fulfilling than the soul-numbing office jobs I used to work at. When I worked in the corporate world, everyone was just going around trying to stab their co-workers in the back. They had no honorable goals in the workplace. I'll never work in an office environment again!! Healthcare is different - you are there to help people and improve their lives. That is the specific function of your job.