hi,new.....

hi,new.....

September 8th, 2008, 12:42 pm #1

Hi,I am going to be starting my cna classes in October,I am very excited and nervous.I have mostly been a stay at home mommy(of 6) for my 24 yrs of marriage,although i did work for a podiatry office 2yrs ago as an"ma" was taught all kinds of things.....how to develop x-rays,set up rooms,sterilize instruments assist docs in patient care,send off lab cultures,clerical work,set appointments etc.....anyway I am 41 yrs old,I reside in ST.Marys Georgia,and I ramble alot.lol.not real good with words(when typing) glad I found this site am looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

dc
dc

September 9th, 2008, 1:27 am #2

Welcome to this site. I hope you will enjoy your work as a CNA- it's more than a job- you are affecting someone life- this is one of the most rewarding jobs out there- Be Positive- Always Smile and you will do fine- Where do you plan on working nursing home or home health or a hosiptal or a doctor's office- As for me I work in a nursing home and I love it- Good Luck

September 9th, 2008, 12:11 pm #3

I hope to work at the health clinic here or the one on the base,I live very close to,now my "dream" job would be to work at the hospital on the labor and delivery or maternity ward,I know that I will be a very compassionate, friendly,helpful person(I have a big heart)......would love to work with the elderly,but I honestly dont think I could physically handle all the lifting. I know i'm probably about to catch heck,but I have a "disease" called hereditary spastic paraplegia and ya'll will probably think i'm nuts for trying this,but i have always wanted to and never had the "time" (stay at home mommy of 6) now I want to at least be able to look back and say hey I gave it my best shot......{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}Michelle

Shelley
Shelley

September 9th, 2008, 11:26 pm #4

I am 42 years old and just got my certification back in May. i work in a Nursing home here in Florida and I love it. it is hard demanding work but it is so worth it at the end of the day. I never dreamed that I would be able to do it and I am good at it. Smile listen and be patient and you will do fine.

September 10th, 2008, 12:17 am #5

where at in Florida? I will be taking my classes in Florida myself because its the closest place to go,(Jacksonville) then i guess im gonna have to see about getting it switched over to Georgia. thanks again {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} Michelle

Shelley
Shelley

September 10th, 2008, 12:28 am #6

I am in Bradenton Michelle..I took my course at Quality Healthcare here in town. It was a 2 week course. I use to do painting cleaning and light maintenance in an apartment complex...so this was a big change for me....I had been taking care of my neighbour off and on for a while now and she mentioned this to me about 3 years ago but i never really thought about it. Then I knew my job was coming to a close as new owners took over so I figured why not give this a shot. I am glad I did. believe me you will have rough days and very good days....but it is a very rewarding career. Keep in touch.