Foreign Nursing Assistants

Foreign Nursing Assistants

Nikki
Nikki

October 12th, 2006, 11:53 pm #1

With the shortage of Nurses and CNA's in the US. Do you know of any companies that are sponsoring the visa's to get foreign CNA's into the US? I have a very dear friend in Jamaica who is having a difficult time finding work. (her last job was a kentucky fried chicken - and I was sending her money almost every month just so she could make ends meet)She is not a Registered Nursem, but the equavalent of our standards of CNA or Home Health Care Professional.

I have heard of some companies that sponsor the CNA's or Home Health Care professionals, but do not know where to look.

Any advise or help is greatly appreciated.

e-mail to NicoleRep@aol.com

October 13th, 2006, 12:10 pm #2

I don't like foreign aides being "brought" into the US to help. They are no help. I have worked with supposed nurses- RN's who KNOW jack crap about anything! I don't understand how management can tout this as a good thing.

My reasons-

Foreign aides suck. They don't read English well. Therefore they don't "understand" their assignments and they USE this handicap as an excuse for getting away with being LAZY.

They speak their own language most the time- around me, my peers, the residents. This isnt right.

They are experts at playing DUMB. Again, they use this language/culture barrier as an excuse.

They get assigned to the easiest residents because it's easier for everyone involved.

They spend inordinate amounts of time on breaks- yacking on their cells, smoking and other things.

I could go on and on.

jemma
jemma

October 13th, 2006, 1:42 pm #3

That's not true at all, i'm a foreign C N A and the facility where i work appreciates me very much for my quality of work, i'm also a Linguist, ( four Languages ) maybe it's diffrent strokes for different folks.

Catherine
Catherine

October 13th, 2006, 8:26 pm #4

I don't like foreign aides being "brought" into the US to help. They are no help. I have worked with supposed nurses- RN's who KNOW jack crap about anything! I don't understand how management can tout this as a good thing.

My reasons-

Foreign aides suck. They don't read English well. Therefore they don't "understand" their assignments and they USE this handicap as an excuse for getting away with being LAZY.

They speak their own language most the time- around me, my peers, the residents. This isnt right.

They are experts at playing DUMB. Again, they use this language/culture barrier as an excuse.

They get assigned to the easiest residents because it's easier for everyone involved.

They spend inordinate amounts of time on breaks- yacking on their cells, smoking and other things.

I could go on and on.
I agree, and add on to this, I get tired of ignoring the complaints that some foreign cnas to tell me how Americans put their (own mothers and fathers)love ones in places like nursing homes. My stance on this if their countries would not be so corrupt and put the money into the country, they to will have nursing homes and more health care facilities.

However, I wish her luck.

Simone
Simone

October 14th, 2006, 2:34 am #5

News to me!! I didn't know that foreign CNAs(non citizens) could be hired? From what I've read from this site, it is hard enough to get your CNA license from state to state, never mind country to country.
I am also multi lingual (American born). The language isn't an issue for me but I have seen both sides, patients appreciate that fact that you can communicate with them and frustrated patients when CNAs or RNs are speaking together (in front of a patient)in their own language, feeling left out or talked about. So I am sure other staff would feel the same way. It is one of the first things taught in cultural classes not to do, it is considered very rude.