REMINDER - Chicago area Platyfest tonight!

REMINDER - Chicago area Platyfest tonight!

November 1st, 2011, 2:43 pm #1

Tonight at the Patio in Lombard, from 6:30 - on...some will be arriving 6:30ish, some more like 8-ish.

They said they'd set some tables aside for us, I said it's the "Canoe Country" group.

http://www.patioribs.com/lombard.asp

2780 S. Highland Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

See you there

....enjoy every sandwich.

November 1st, 2011, 10:24 pm #2

see you soon.

November 2nd, 2011, 1:28 pm #3

I think we had what, ten people? Seemed like the location worked out well - they set aside a nice section for us - we could have accomodated another 15 CCBBers/guests easily. And we could actually hear each other!
Nice seeing you guys, and sorry others couldn't make this one.

It is unfortunate that Tarpman and Stumpy had that little altercation. For those who weren't there:
Stumpy thought Tarpman was done with his plate of chicken wings and started rolling them up in napkins and stuffing them into his bag to take home...well, Tarpman wasn't done and was going to take aforementioned wings home. So he grabbed TwistTieCollector's beer, threw it in Stumpy's face and said, "Maybe you want to take a beer home with that, mister big-shot bushwacker?". After Stumpy's initial surprise, he decided to take action. He announced that he was once a champion wrestler at Brother Rice High School, and if Tarpman knew what was good for him he'd better hightail it outta there. Tarpman, unfazed and unimpressed, stood firm and restated "I want my wings back". "OK", said an apologetic Stumpy and handed back the wings.."-but can I take the ranch dressing home, for my little girl's supper?"....."Sure thing, my brother paddler!" chuckled Tarpman. At Magic Paddler's suggestion, the two shook hands.

"Who's gonna buy me a new f***in beer?!?!" shouted TwistTie Collector.

November 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am #4

I'll cover Twist Ties' beer at the next platty, since Tarpman has yet to speak up.
Sorry about the disturbance...I hope they let you back in there, Ray.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I declare Global Warming over !

November 3rd, 2011, 12:48 am #5

I think we had what, ten people? Seemed like the location worked out well - they set aside a nice section for us - we could have accomodated another 15 CCBBers/guests easily. And we could actually hear each other!
Nice seeing you guys, and sorry others couldn't make this one.

It is unfortunate that Tarpman and Stumpy had that little altercation. For those who weren't there:
Stumpy thought Tarpman was done with his plate of chicken wings and started rolling them up in napkins and stuffing them into his bag to take home...well, Tarpman wasn't done and was going to take aforementioned wings home. So he grabbed TwistTieCollector's beer, threw it in Stumpy's face and said, "Maybe you want to take a beer home with that, mister big-shot bushwacker?". After Stumpy's initial surprise, he decided to take action. He announced that he was once a champion wrestler at Brother Rice High School, and if Tarpman knew what was good for him he'd better hightail it outta there. Tarpman, unfazed and unimpressed, stood firm and restated "I want my wings back". "OK", said an apologetic Stumpy and handed back the wings.."-but can I take the ranch dressing home, for my little girl's supper?"....."Sure thing, my brother paddler!" chuckled Tarpman. At Magic Paddler's suggestion, the two shook hands.

"Who's gonna buy me a new f***in beer?!?!" shouted TwistTie Collector.

Glad I wasn't there to see that nonsense! All was going well while I was there. Although most of the food did seem to be on Tarpman's side of the table. I didn't realize he was hoarding.
Great group. Great fun! Hope to see you all soon.

I'd rather be paddling...

November 3rd, 2011, 1:23 am #6

Tonight at the Patio in Lombard, from 6:30 - on...some will be arriving 6:30ish, some more like 8-ish.

They said they'd set some tables aside for us, I said it's the "Canoe Country" group.

2780 S. Highland Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

See you there

Thanks for setting this up, Ray. We definitely could have handled more people, I hope others will attend next time. Magic Paddler failed to scare Toni off a trip next year, and I had a chance to plot some routes with Stumpy. Great to see you all- I am proud to call you all my friends. Wellll....mostly. Toni had fun meeting you all. See you all at Copia, if not before. Ray- I will see you January 1, 2012!!!!!

November 3rd, 2011, 11:09 pm #7

2780 S. Highland Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

See you there

Not to commercialize, but just to let you know I am one of those "outfitter types"

November 4th, 2011, 3:28 pm #8

got a photo or two on his camera, when there were 4-5 of us left.
Stumpy loves to post pictures on this website - probably gives him frustration along the lines of Mr Sensitive's old experiences trying to book permits online. (I miss those rants! )