Chicagoland Fall Platyfest planning, continued,.....

Chicagoland Fall Platyfest planning, continued,.....

October 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm #1

OK, so there seem to be no objections to this location - The Patio in Lombard, ILhttp://www.patioribs.com/lombard.asp

2780 S. Highland Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

But don't get barbeque sauce on my maps! Some of the McKenzies with the waterproof coating would be OK but if you get BBQ sauce on my Fisher maps it will stain them and be a bear attractant in camp. So watch it!

Let's decide on a day..how does the week of Nov 7-11 somewhere work? Best day of week?

I'd mentioned they close at 10 - we once had a platyfest at Famous Dave's across the street and everything was great except they sort of pushed us out the door when closing time approached. So I asked how firm they were about this, and their reponse to my email included the following:

"Dear Ray-Thank you for choosing The Patio Restaurants! We would be happy to accommodate your group of wilderness canoeing enthusiasts at The Patio of Lombard. Please do phone ahead to inform our manager, ............. know when to expect you and we will set aside some tables for your group. The phone number is 630-627-2600. It would not be problem if your group needed to stay until 10:15-10:30.

Looking forward to serving you"

Let the planning begin!
If any of you from out of town are around, stop by! Past fall Chicago platyfests have included honored out of town CCBBers including the likes of MN Greene, Ragamuffin, BentPine and Loudhandle. (Ok, the last two weren't there but BentPine would be more than welcome too.)

And if you haven't posted for awhile, don't feel reluctant to come! Just means you're overdue.

....enjoy every sandwich.

October 23rd, 2011, 2:04 am #2

I am in Japan on business November 5-13. If it is determined that other dates work, I would sure try to make it. I will be there in spirit though.

October 24th, 2011, 12:18 am #3

OK, so there seem to be no objections to this location - The Patio in Lombard, ILhttp://www.patioribs.com/lombard.asp

2780 S. Highland Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

But don't get barbeque sauce on my maps! Some of the McKenzies with the waterproof coating would be OK but if you get BBQ sauce on my Fisher maps it will stain them and be a bear attractant in camp. So watch it!

Let's decide on a day..how does the week of Nov 7-11 somewhere work? Best day of week?

I'd mentioned they close at 10 - we once had a platyfest at Famous Dave's across the street and everything was great except they sort of pushed us out the door when closing time approached. So I asked how firm they were about this, and their reponse to my email included the following:

"Dear Ray-Thank you for choosing The Patio Restaurants! We would be happy to accommodate your group of wilderness canoeing enthusiasts at The Patio of Lombard. Please do phone ahead to inform our manager, ............. know when to expect you and we will set aside some tables for your group. The phone number is 630-627-2600. It would not be problem if your group needed to stay until 10:15-10:30.

Let the planning begin!
If any of you from out of town are around, stop by! Past fall Chicago platyfests have included honored out of town CCBBers including the likes of MN Greene, Ragamuffin, BentPine and Loudhandle. (Ok, the last two weren't there but BentPine would be more than welcome too.)

And if you haven't posted for awhile, don't feel reluctant to come! Just means you're overdue.

but not until the 15th and then only at O'Hare airport for 3 hours in between flights.

Have a good time all & post lots of pictures!

Maybe we can do something like this during the Rosemont show in January?

Not to commercialize, but just to let you know I am one of those "outfitter types"

October 24th, 2011, 12:32 pm #4

I am in Japan on business November 5-13. If it is determined that other dates work, I would sure try to make it. I will be there in spirit though.

October 24th, 2011, 2:59 pm #5

Hey Ray- If it were on November 1st or 3rd, I would be there. Please let me know.

October 24th, 2011, 7:50 pm #6

xx

October 25th, 2011, 12:41 am #7

2780 S. Highland Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

Let the planning begin!

Really... Pick a date & I'm there (Stumpy)

Hope Spudnuts can make it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I declare Global Warming over !

October 25th, 2011, 1:36 pm #8

2780 S. Highland Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

Let the planning begin!

October 25th, 2011, 3:10 pm #9

2780 S. Highland Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

Let the planning begin!

Javier and Madl and jimmybuffett.

October 26th, 2011, 5:09 pm #10

kensofe, me, Tarpman,....

anyone else thinking of attending? Lurkers welcome too!