A beautiful weekend for a fall hike in TN (OT Photos)

A beautiful weekend for a fall hike in TN (OT Photos)

October 22nd, 2011, 10:23 pm #1

It's a beautiful weekend in Tennessee and the trees are at near peak for color so I had to get out hiking! This is Savage Gulf which is an area I discovered earlier this year. Last time I hiked the rim but this time I went through Stone Door (see below) and down into the valley. A VERY challenging hike but well worth it! It is just such a stunning beautiful and wild place!

This is Stone Door which was used by Native Americans to get from the valley to the rim.

October 22nd, 2011, 11:02 pm #2

What a gorgeous piece of ground! Thx for sharing it.

...Randy

October 23rd, 2011, 9:35 am #3

It's a beautiful weekend in Tennessee and the trees are at near peak for color so I had to get out hiking! This is Savage Gulf which is an area I discovered earlier this year. Last time I hiked the rim but this time I went through Stone Door (see below) and down into the valley. A VERY challenging hike but well worth it! It is just such a stunning beautiful and wild place!

This is Stone Door which was used by Native Americans to get from the valley to the rim.

You must have been in Heaven!!!
Gorgeous photos!!!
What camera are you using?
Raw or jpeg?

October 23rd, 2011, 12:21 pm #4

Amazing colors, scenery. All your photos are beautiful but I fell in love with the knarly dead tree with the colored trees in the far bad ground. How could you help but have a good day hiking through such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing your photos.

October 23rd, 2011, 12:23 pm #5

ground. Definitely not! Mean to type background. Don't know how to edit posts here.

October 23rd, 2011, 3:02 pm #6

q

October 23rd, 2011, 6:54 pm #7

Our colors are all gone up here in Minnesota.... Thanks for sharing!

Troy

Cherokee Lake BWCA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better"
Albert Einstein

October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am #8

-Blazing Paddle (Mary Jean)

"Anything you want to know...any question...you can find the answer in nature if you know where to look and how to ask"
--from the book/movie: The Power of One

October 24th, 2011, 2:27 am #9

EOM

October 24th, 2011, 8:02 pm #10