Star Trek seats in the 23

Star Trek seats in the 23

September 24th, 2017, 11:26 pm #1

So I've been searching through all the photos I can find regarding the high back seats in my 23 Commander.
I have known all along that they looked different than any I had seen in any other 23 and it didn't dawn on me until this weekend that my seats are missing the headrest. Here lies my question; Is there any record of whether these seats ever came with the headrests being detachable? There is proof positive evidence that the headrests used to be there indicated by the color of the vinyl on the seat back being less faded in the area where the headrest should be. The strange part is that the seat back supports go all the way to the top of the headrest in all of the pictures I have seen but mine end at the top of the seat back and it does not look as though they have been hacked out, they look as though they were made that way at the factory. Strange! Again!

Craig Wilson

September 25th, 2017, 12:46 pm #2

I have seen both styles, both are fine. If you want the high back we have the plans for the wood structure

Regards,
Paul

September 25th, 2017, 8:56 pm #3

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply.
I would indeed like to take a look at those drawings, are they in the archive or are they part of your own library?

Craig Wilson

October 12th, 2017, 7:16 pm #4

I have seen both styles, both are fine. If you want the high back we have the plans for the wood structure

Regards,
Paul
Hi Paul,
If you could share those drawings that would be great. I found an upholstery guy, he needs any info you have so he can re-create the head rests.
Thanks

Craig

November 5th, 2017, 12:13 am #5

Hi Paul, I still need information on the star trek seats. You mentioned earlier in this post that you have access to drawings and/or measurements, I wanted to kick this post back to the top to see if you had forgotten. I really need anything related to how these seats were originally constructed, preferably with dimensions,please and thank you.

Craig W.

Paul
Paul

November 5th, 2017, 12:40 am #6

I know where the drawing is but I can't get it off s cell phone tethered to s computer.
Next time I'm on wifi with s laptop I will get this for everyone !!

Regards

Paul

November 5th, 2017, 12:01 pm #7

I understand the whole cell phone issue, I have my troubles for sure. It all started when phones got smart! HAHAHAHAHAHA

November 6th, 2017, 8:16 am #8

So I've been searching through all the photos I can find regarding the high back seats in my 23 Commander.
I have known all along that they looked different than any I had seen in any other 23 and it didn't dawn on me until this weekend that my seats are missing the headrest. Here lies my question; Is there any record of whether these seats ever came with the headrests being detachable? There is proof positive evidence that the headrests used to be there indicated by the color of the vinyl on the seat back being less faded in the area where the headrest should be. The strange part is that the seat back supports go all the way to the top of the headrest in all of the pictures I have seen but mine end at the top of the seat back and it does not look as though they have been hacked out, they look as though they were made that way at the factory. Strange! Again!

Craig Wilson
Most stunning seats I've ever seen on a boat!! I wish I had one for my office!