Lancer update

Lancer update

Mike G
Mike G

June 2nd, 2012, 4:58 am #1

Well its been a long time since an update. There has been so much work done lately but not much to show. Here is the the current state of the Lancer. All the wood work that will be upholstered is ready. I received the material and will be in the process this week. Boat should be out of the garage this week, the windshield installed and taken to the marina to finish bottom. Hope to show some in the water pics soon. Thanks for all the support thru out the project. Way from finished but for all of us working on these Lancers it has been a great way to make the winter fly by.

Jerry
Jerry

June 2nd, 2012, 12:41 pm #2

Paul, Mike, and All:
From what I can see your work looks great! And if you go to your photobucket album and copy the "direct link" and paste it in, instead of the photo, we will get to see a larger photo.

What are you going to put across the transome? What was original to the 23 Lancer inboard? I am about at the same point, but do not have my engine in yet.

Do you have a trailer yet? What kind of rollers/ramp, etc. do you have set up? Have you put it in and out? I am useing rollers along the keel, with ramps on the side for Swift, but all rollers for the other Lancer. That means I have to crank it onto the trailer, and an electric winch would help.
Looking good.
Jerry

Paul
Paul

June 2nd, 2012, 1:58 pm #3

Well its been a long time since an update. There has been so much work done lately but not much to show. Here is the the current state of the Lancer. All the wood work that will be upholstered is ready. I received the material and will be in the process this week. Boat should be out of the garage this week, the windshield installed and taken to the marina to finish bottom. Hope to show some in the water pics soon. Thanks for all the support thru out the project. Way from finished but for all of us working on these Lancers it has been a great way to make the winter fly by.

The wood trim looks great, helps give the boat a classic feel. Surely you have a quiet launching ramp nearby where you could sneak in a test run! Mike, you have done a marvelous job with this boat. You will be getting a lot of compliments at the docks, and a big runabout like this is perfect for Lake Erie. I am anxious to get my Lancer project moving faster, lots of distractions.

Regards,

Paul

iPhone

Mike G
Mike G

June 2nd, 2012, 2:49 pm #4

Sorry about the photos....Greenhorn mistake.
Anyways the boat is currently on a roller trailer. The boats has been lifted on and off at the marina. But I did unload and load it when i first purchased it. Worked fine.
The transom will be as orginal as i can make it. There was a large plywood panel that i had redone. Then the removable bench seat will be installed. The motor box is rebuilt but have not had it upholstered yet.

Jerry
Jerry

June 2nd, 2012, 5:48 pm #5

Paul, Mike and All:
That boat really looks nice now! I see speakers now that I missed before. I like the way you did the wood kickboards, they add a lot to the interior.

Could you post some photos of the transome board and the seat you mentioned, especially if set up for a photo and showing where the bracing pieces go, showing how the seat would get installed? I don't have anything but holes and have no idea what the board or seat should look like. Paul, do you have any?

Fabulous, I am right behind you,
Jerry

Jerry
Jerry

June 2nd, 2012, 6:10 pm #6

Sorry about the photos....Greenhorn mistake.
Anyways the boat is currently on a roller trailer. The boats has been lifted on and off at the marina. But I did unload and load it when i first purchased it. Worked fine.
The transom will be as orginal as i can make it. There was a large plywood panel that i had redone. Then the removable bench seat will be installed. The motor box is rebuilt but have not had it upholstered yet.
Paul, Mike, and All:
I got this photo out of the archives from a Paul Mathias posting. Mike, does this look like yours? It would seem that a box could be constructed underneath the seat as a storage locker, if the seat came out, for misc. items., but would add some weight. I would do my seats in white with grey trim to match the rest of the boat.

And how is Paul M. doing these days?
Thanks,
Jerry

Paul
Paul

June 2nd, 2012, 6:19 pm #7

Many of the CC runabouts have a one-piece backing and seating surface. On my Skiff I intentionally used two pieces for the backing and seating surface, because it is sooooo much easier to remove if you have to on the water and equally easy to store.

Regarding Paul M, last I heard he was doine A+++ well and hope that is the case now.

best,

Paul

Mike G
Mike G

June 2nd, 2012, 11:13 pm #8

Here is the transom board that i replaced. The one that was on prior to this was 1/2 plywood with a vinly wood grain. The intention to the lancer inboard was a fishing boat as we know. The rear seat was fashioned in so it could be removed quicky and start fishing. Im keeping to that but I didnt feel the wood grain look made much yo me because i will not be removing the seats for fishing. If you need a temp. For this I can trace out an outline and send it to you.

Mike G
Mike G

June 2nd, 2012, 11:22 pm #9

I have mentioned this in the past. Next time i redo a boat which maybe never...ha. I will fill in a holes and start fresh. When i started takimg things off I didnt really know that i was going to go as far as we did. Today i was looking at the speaker placement from the PO and realized for the first time that they are not lined u evenly to both sides. I dont know how I missed that until now but I did. The one thing that I did do was fill in the area on the helm where they had put a radio, which cleaned up the dash. Sorry for the spelling issues but im using my unsmart phone and it stinks fixing them.

Jerry
Jerry

June 3rd, 2012, 3:44 am #10

Here is the transom board that i replaced. The one that was on prior to this was 1/2 plywood with a vinly wood grain. The intention to the lancer inboard was a fishing boat as we know. The rear seat was fashioned in so it could be removed quicky and start fishing. Im keeping to that but I didnt feel the wood grain look made much yo me because i will not be removing the seats for fishing. If you need a temp. For this I can trace out an outline and send it to you.
Paul, Mike and All:
Mike, again, well done. Now what happens after this board is in place? Are you going to leave it like that or are there more parts coming later? Why the two diagonal pieces on the sides? I like the way you left a long notch at the bottom over the covered bilge. Any rain will drain away harmlessly into the bilge. Well done.
Jerry