How's this for a pair of boat engines?

How's this for a pair of boat engines?

July 18th, 2005, 7:31 pm #1

Parts are available, just don't ask for any MEL parts, lol.

Paul

<EMBED src=http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/5315/holyhole.wav type=audio/midi LOOP="false" AUTOSTART="true">

* this is a repost due to not understanding the limitations of SonyImagestation
Last edited by FEfinaticP on August 6th, 2005, 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Rayson
Bill Rayson

July 18th, 2005, 8:46 pm #2

Are my eyes playing tricks on me? I think I see "two" starter motors instlled on the right hand side of the photo. Those motors are hooked together, so it sure looks like they have both starters turning on the same flywheel up front. That looks like about 2000 horsepower with that induction setup. Sure would like to see the boat those motors came in!!

BRayson

JD
JD

July 22nd, 2005, 2:34 pm #3

I see those things are joined together. I'll bet that was one scarey ride. Those are the motors Pete Robinson made famous, or the motors that made Pete famous, either way, Pete met his final moments with one, sadly.

JD

JD
JD

July 22nd, 2005, 2:44 pm #4

When I was a kid, Pete Robinson was my hero. Here's a photo of him, and you can see the motor is the same one as the one in your post. The Single OVerhead Cam version of the Ford 427. That's about all I know about the motor, except that Pete was one of the few guys out there running Fords. He was always the underdog, but won a lot of races.

JD

July 22nd, 2005, 5:09 pm #5

The SOHC Ford "Cammer" you show with Pete, has the same block we have in our boats. Some are drilled for sideoiling, some are not, but the strength of the block is the same. The Cammer is the motor that put the sideoiler to the test, as it was turning upwards of 7000 RPM.

Great photo, Pete is also a hero of mine.

P