---> BAY HARBOR UPDATE <--- ( UPDATE )

---> BAY HARBOR UPDATE <--- ( UPDATE )

June 18th, 2010, 8:35 pm #1

UPDATE: Bay Harbor had two fabulous shows in 2010, and I attended both of them as a participant and co-organizer, including giving a program at the ACBS Annual Meeting and serving as a boat show judge at the Vintage Car and Boat Show. This event in this thread is the latter, the Car and Boat Show, and it is quite amazing what literally came out of the woodwork to attend this one. Fabulous cars, fabulous boats too.

The remainder of this thread is retained as it was posted in 2010.

Well the airways are lighting up and the calls are coming in, we're going to have a great time "up there" in this special part of Michigan. I've never been there before, but we have Commander Forum members who live in the area and that will help us get the inside scoop on any special shopping places, marinas, boat shops nearby we have to see, etc.

The deadline for registration is today..............BUT...........right from the prime organizer, if anyone from this Forum wants to attend with or without a boat, email me, and I will make arrangements for you to be there. We have a nice Commander contribution to this show, and a few "almost Commanders" too, including a fabulous 41' Roamer. The Champagne will be flowing, there will be tunes aboard, we're going to be having some fun and I extend the invitation once again to all. If you have a snowball's chance of being there, give me an email, I'll call you and we can figure out how to make it happen!

Lolly is sending me a packet later today about the actual sign in, updated activities, whatever, and I'll post it when it arrives. I can say there is a reception Thursday evening at David Johnson's home, followed by a cruise. Those of you who are able to be there Thursday eve, please be sure to let me know so I can get you in, etc.

The week-end includes a car parade and dockside interviews.

The evening festivities at the private yacht club require a seperate RSVP, and I can assist with that as well.

Sunday there is another private invitation at a very special waterfront estate, there is no fee but they ask that everyone make a donation to the Bay Harbor Charity Fund. There are some doors being opened at this event that are seldom open to the general public, and we are honored to be invited into these homes, clubs, and grounds. I am looking forward to seeing you all, if anyone needs info be sure to email me at [url=mailto:ChrisCraftCommander@hotmail.com]ChrisCraftCommander@hotmail.com[/url] for all the details.

Here are some of the photos and info packs we've posted.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/post

Stay tuned,

I'll post more info later today.

Regards,

Paul

Last edited by FEfinaticP on May 12th, 2016, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 18th, 2010, 8:43 pm #2

Here's some fun, you all know Bill Policastro's GHOST RIDER, well since this is a theme including fiberglass cars and boats, I imagine Bill will be getting a LOT of attention from the Corvette guys, as well as virtually anyone else who would appreciate a beautiful hull with fabulous custom teak work inside.

For some fun, turn your speakers up real high, click on the image below, Enjoy!

'

Regards,

Paul

June 18th, 2010, 8:56 pm #3

If they don't know what a Roamer is now, they sure will before they depart this event.

Al Langolis is making what I believe to be about a thousand mile round trip run. First of all, that is a fabulous lifetime cruise opportunity aboard a beautifully finished boat like this, secondly they (and all of our guests) will be treated like royalty once they arrive. We have a direct connection with the local people through Bill, we have a direct connection with the show and all the private invitations, and we are going to have a ball.

Al, I can't tell you how envious I am that you are able to make a long cruise like this aboard such a great boat. It should be beautiful, and I sincerely hope you take your time and enjoy (savor) every moment. I am absolutely sure everyone at this event will appreciate seeing such a beautifully prepared boat too.

Regards,

Paul

June 18th, 2010, 9:16 pm #4

UPDATE: Bay Harbor had two fabulous shows in 2010, and I attended both of them as a participant and co-organizer, including giving a program at the ACBS Annual Meeting and serving as a boat show judge at the Vintage Car and Boat Show. This event in this thread is the latter, the Car and Boat Show, and it is quite amazing what literally came out of the woodwork to attend this one. Fabulous cars, fabulous boats too.

Well the airways are lighting up and the calls are coming in, we're going to have a great time "up there" in this special part of Michigan. I've never been there before, but we have Commander Forum members who live in the area and that will help us get the inside scoop on any special shopping places, marinas, boat shops nearby we have to see, etc.

The deadline for registration is today..............BUT...........right from the prime organizer, if anyone from this Forum wants to attend with or without a boat, email me, and I will make arrangements for you to be there. We have a nice Commander contribution to this show, and a few "almost Commanders" too, including a fabulous 41' Roamer. The Champagne will be flowing, there will be tunes aboard, we're going to be having some fun and I extend the invitation once again to all. If you have a snowball's chance of being there, give me an email, I'll call you and we can figure out how to make it happen!

Lolly is sending me a packet later today about the actual sign in, updated activities, whatever, and I'll post it when it arrives. I can say there is a reception Thursday evening at David Johnson's home, followed by a cruise. Those of you who are able to be there Thursday eve, please be sure to let me know so I can get you in, etc.

The evening festivities at the private yacht club require a seperate RSVP, and I can assist with that as well.

Sunday there is another private invitation at a very special waterfront estate, there is no fee but they ask that everyone make a donation to the Bay Harbor Charity Fund. There are some doors being opened at this event that are seldom open to the general public, and we are honored to be invited into these homes, clubs, and grounds. I am looking forward to seeing you all, if anyone needs info be sure to email me at [url=mailto:ChrisCraftCommander@hotmail.com]ChrisCraftCommander@hotmail.com[/url] for all the details.

Stay tuned,

Regards,

Paul

Since this is a multi-faceted gathering of all kinds of fabulous vintage cars, race cars, European exotics, lots of Corvettes from the past, wood, metal, and fiberglass classic boats of all kinds, and special dining and very special invitations to waterfront estates, we plan to be giving a continual report throughout the week-end for all of our friends and forum members around the globe who are unable to be there in person.

We will be using all the latest equipment. I am hopeful we will be able to upload some videos, and many photo stills from the area.
Actually, all joking aside, I will be shooting with a digital camera, but also with my reilable Olympus OM-1, with a variety of lenses and filters. The photos from that camera will be uploaded several days after we arrive back in Nashville, Tennessee.

Regards,

Paul

June 18th, 2010, 9:31 pm #5

Stay tuned,

Regards,

Paul

It's too far out now to give an accurate forecast about weather conditions.

I learned a long time ago never to change my plans based upon what the talking heads were saying on the weather reports here in Nashville. In addition, I discovered a little soft rain water never hurt a boat too. With these events we always face uncertain weather systems and the good news is, this time of year if there is a shower it generally blows right on through and it's gone. So we're forging ahead, in the event we do get a shower, the champagne will be on ice at the Hotel at our suite, we'll either meet you all there or at the bar, or we'll just go shopping! Actually I have a standing challenge with Al Langolis to race an electric car. Maybe we could do that in the rain, ha.

We are planning on attending rain or shine. We are looking forward to a wonderful weekend either way.

Last summer I took a group of office associates out on the Cumberland River, there were lighting storms in the area and we checked the radar before departing. Many people would have just stayed home. We didn't.

As a result we got a fabulous outdoor table at a waterfront restaurant, had a great dinner and a thousand laughs, all the time watching lightning flashing way off in the distance heading away from us. It was a wonderful evening. On the way home in total darkness, your forum host, who was sober and attentive to all of his guests aboard, got caught in a rogue thundercloud, and the sky opened up as though I was driving my 38' Express directly into the Niagara Falls. Everyone on board was startled and afraid, but not me. I was steady, having fun, and they soon picked up on the fact that I was not rattled at all, never changed speed and wasn't even using the spotlights due to enough ambient light. Next thing I know, they're all having a ball huddled under the cabin roof. Now I have been asked on a dozen times, "lets go out again when it rains", ha ha.

Get mentally prepared to get wet, that way if it happens it will be a non event.

cheers!

Paul

Paul
Paul

June 18th, 2010, 10:13 pm #6

Stay tuned,

Regards,

Paul

Naturally there will be some other events that are private and geared only for Forum members, and I will be in contact with you regarding where, when, etc. There is a rumor that Mark Weller will make an appearance with a tux, but Mark, if you're reading this, please wear the black one. It is a pretty swanky place, but you can leave the tux at home actually. Blazers are recommended for the YC dinner. If anyone sees anything in this schedule that you want more info about, contact me directly. There is a LOT going on, way too much to put in the schedule, including the shopping tour !

Regards, Paul

Paul
Paul

June 18th, 2010, 10:38 pm #7

Commander Forum Members, please note the event at the Yacht Club below must have RSVP and arrangements made in advance. This club does not take cash, it is totally private, and we are very excited to be invited to this property and event. This is an expensive evening, and it may not be for everyone. Not to worry, if you want to get in and see the place but not attend the dinner, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Also, there are NUMEROUS other fine places to dine, and I can get you all a list, as I plan on eating one or meals at those establishments too. For those attending the wine and food event, however, it will be memorable, and remember the money goes to A CHARITY ! You will be having fun and helping people too.

Here is a note from Lolly, my contact and coordination cohort on site!
Lolly, we want you to join us for the Champagne, compliments of the Chris Craft Commander Forum,
and perhaps this will get us good seats at the dinner, eh? I know you're good for it!

Received Friday Afternoon around 5:00 PM CST

Paul

It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier and I am sorry we got disconnected (my cell battery died)

Attached please find a schedule of events for the weekend and the invites are as follows:

Exhibitor Welcome Reception
Thursday, June 24th 2010
6:00 - 8:00 pm at The Boathouse, 1130 Vista Drive, Bay Harbor
Hosted by Bay Harbor Properties
There will be shuttles avaialable at the Vista Gate (next to Knot...Just a Bar)
RSVP: to me.

Sunday Brunch
June 27, 2010
8:30 am - 10:30 am
hosted by Bill & Barbara Parfet
at their home
4520 Shores Drive
Bay Harbor
Donations to the Bay Harbor Foundation are encouraged

The only one I need to know a.s.a.p. is the brunch on Sunday.

Thank you for all your help and support.
Lolly Bezy

Lolly, the pleasure is all mine.
You are a class-act, Janet and I are both looking forward to seeing you.
It is an honor for us to be able to specially invite members of the Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc., to this event,
and have all these doors opened for us.

Sincerely,

Paul and Janet Pletcher

As you can see, this is more than a tie-up and dinner. That Sunday brunch is going to be totally awesome too,
the family who is hosting it is associated with a very well known international brand we all know,
and out of respect for the family I am not posting the details. Those details are being shared with the
attendees via email.
We are going to have some fun,we're looking forward to seeing everyone.
Lolly is an angel, very enthusiastic, and she is
one of the automotive judges, and guys, she KNOWS EXPENSIVE CARS !!

Last edited by FEfinaticP on May 17th, 2012, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 19th, 2010, 1:00 am #8

Stay tuned,

Regards,

Paul

As a point of information, this note was emailed today to myself and blind copied to a mass emailing to everyone
I have email addresses for, in order to protect everyone's personal privacy and help avoid spam being copied to everyone.
I know there are a lot of new people who I don't have contact info for, so I am simply posting this as a point of information here,
and if you want to be in the direct contact loop just drop me a note at [url=mailto:ChrisCraftCommander@hotmail.com]ChrisCraftCommander@hotmail.com[/url]

Regards, Paul

Hi All,

If you are receiving this last minute update info you are considered "a member" or "friend" of the Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc., or another personal friend through other association, and you are therefore being invited PERSONALLY to this event, and to special happenings only available to exhibitors, etc.

Some of these events are not open to the general public, they are only available through this personal invitation (like two private receptions at waterfront estates, evening cocktail cruise, Yacht Club wine and food festival).

If you are already signed up, then you are getting this as a repeat note and I appologise for the double coverage.

The deadlilne for attending with a boat is already upon is, but I can still get you top quality dockage if you email me SOON.
If you are able to attend without a boat ( like I am ) please let me know if you want access to some of the special events noted, etc.

I know people make plans at the last minute, I do all the time, so if you are able to join us at Bay Harbor, I can assure you it will be memorable!
Here is the latest update, check it out and if you can join us in any manner please do so,

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/m ... 1276893358

call me on my cell at (number only shows up on the direct emails) if you need info or help,

Regards,
Best,

Paul Pletcher
Nashville, TN
Last edited by FEfinaticP on May 17th, 2012, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Benton
Mike Benton

June 19th, 2010, 1:06 am #9

Here's some fun, you all know Bill Policastro's GHOST RIDER, well since this is a theme including fiberglass cars and boats, I imagine Bill will be getting a LOT of attention from the Corvette guys, as well as virtually anyone else who would appreciate a beautiful hull with fabulous custom teak work inside.

For some fun, turn your speakers up real high, click on the image below, Enjoy!

'

Regards,

Paul
Hello Paul,

I'm not a commander owner but I am going to be there with the automotive contingent, and I will try to look you up.
I don't know how you did it, but clicking on that image and getting the video to play is one slick trick.
I had to turn the sound down, but man, that boat sounds great. You say it is going to be there at the docks? I would like to get a closer look at the boat, and that motor too.

Mike

Al Langlois
Al Langlois

June 19th, 2010, 1:07 pm #10

If they don't know what a Roamer is now, they sure will before they depart this event.

Al Langolis is making what I believe to be about a thousand mile round trip run. First of all, that is a fabulous lifetime cruise opportunity aboard a beautifully finished boat like this, secondly they (and all of our guests) will be treated like royalty once they arrive. We have a direct connection with the local people through Bill, we have a direct connection with the show and all the private invitations, and we are going to have a ball.

Al, I can't tell you how envious I am that you are able to make a long cruise like this aboard such a great boat. It should be beautiful, and I sincerely hope you take your time and enjoy (savor) every moment. I am absolutely sure everyone at this event will appreciate seeing such a beautifully prepared boat too.

Regards,

Paul
Hey Paul, I'm just going to leave my jaw back here in Cleveland because I know that this is a first class event and I don't want to be constantly picking it up as I walk the docks and grounds!

We are leaving for Put-in-Bay this afternoon and on to Grosse Pointe on Sunday. Both Kim and I are really looking forward to the trip, and of course the EC race, without which I would not be crazy enough to fund such a journey! I have been getting some laps in on the golf carts here at the club so you better be ready to rumble!

I am really going to try and be there on Thursday afternoon. Our last run is from Cheboygan over to Bay Harbour. About 3-4 hours and we'll leave early in the morning so we should be there sometime after lunch.

Can't wait to see you and Janet again!

I'll keep yopu posted on how Mother Nature is treating our voyage.

Al