23' Lancer alert

23' Lancer alert

EH
EH

November 12th, 2008, 12:46 am #1

November 13th, 2008, 12:19 am #2

These boats seem to be valued towards the bottom of even the "Wellar Price Spectrum". There are some criminally good deals popping up for guys with some discretionary income and imagination. Have ya'all been paying attention to the 38' market. We should see some new blood coming into the Forum fold in the future! We are already welcoming some new owners of 35' and 36' models.

yours truly, Chris Wade

John Kloka
John Kloka

November 13th, 2008, 3:13 am #3

"Weller Price Spectrum"! Well put! Boats for sale can now be ranked on the WPS... only here on the Forum. Nice one...

Reece
Reece

November 13th, 2008, 3:30 am #4

I have my eyes on a 1968 16' corsair. With Renault Power.
We are doing a little research to see if we can figure out the specs. Here are some pics, let me know if it looks familiar.

November 13th, 2008, 3:52 am #5

I love how CC used the classic runabout hardware during this era of fiberglass production boats. You can see those clam shell deck vents on mahogany speedboats back into the early 50's. The skier mirror looks pretty cool too!

You say it has a le motor from a le car, huh? Good luck, it will make a nice tender for the new yacht. CW

Paul
Paul

November 13th, 2008, 4:29 am #6

"Weller Price Spectrum"! Well put! Boats for sale can now be ranked on the WPS... only here on the Forum. Nice one...
Ohhh brother, Chris, that's so dry, I laughed out loud when I saw the note.

You know it's web sites like this that cause schmucks all over the world to think their boats are rare, collectable, and worth more than the WPS will bear, ha! Will we ever hear the end of this???? Probably not! It might even show up in Wikipedia

Regards,

Paul

Paul
Paul

November 13th, 2008, 5:28 am #7

I have my eyes on a 1968 16' corsair. With Renault Power.
We are doing a little research to see if we can figure out the specs. Here are some pics, let me know if it looks familiar.

It's a 16' Corsair Sport-V, and it's not a 1968 because there were only 110 of these built, 75 in 1965 and another 35 in 1966

The 1965 model was called the XL160 Sportster, and the 1966 model is the Sport-V.

LOA is 16'
Beam is a pretty stout 7'-9"
Weight is a lightweight 1400 pounds
Fuel capacity is 21 gal
Original hull side color is blue and white
Engine offering Mercury 60 hp and 120 hp.

ORAZ-16-6001 to ORAZ-16-6075 (1965 production run, 75 boats)
ORBZ-16-001 to ORBZ-16-035 (1966 production run, 35 boats)

Your prospect is boat number 18 of the 35 built in 1966. You won't see yourself out on the lake driving this rig! Rare back then, and not telling how few still exist. It's been 42 years since they made one.

Regarding the motor, I'm interested in knowing the story on the two options, what they are based on, etc. The Renault Gordini was raced all over Europe, they made millions of them, and parts are still available. There are some strange marriages out there too, since an Audi 4 cylinder actually appeared in the AMC Gremlin, and it also appeared in the original Porsche 924. Volvo solid lifter pushrod motors were used in lots of boats, they are as durable as tractor motors, got to love the ole B-18. When you find out what it's got, we're interested in knowing the details!

Not sure where this one will shake out on the Weller Price Spectrum, but be advised that standard includes "stealing" the boat, lol.

Rare boat alert!

Regards,

Paul

Paul
Paul

November 13th, 2008, 5:41 am #8

Interesting to see this brochure says it's an OMC 120 hp motor. Wonder what it really has. The outdrive on these models would be something the Smithsonian might be interested in?

Reece, your photos show this Corsair has the identical nose hardware as my 1966 Sea Skiff, also built at the Corsair plant in Cortland, New York. I think I paid eighty bucks to have mine chromed, lol.

Paul

Dave Mehl
Dave Mehl

November 13th, 2008, 1:07 pm #9

Not sure just what the connection was, but it was probably because it was a reliable and light weight motor, not much different than an outboard in power and weight, but housed inside the motor box. The Renault was used in a lot of different boats, via Mercury Marine. Here is some info.

http://www.oldmarineengine.com/discus/m ... /6640.html

Dave

Reece
Reece

November 13th, 2008, 2:44 pm #10

Here is a pic of the Outdrive, So where does this boat fall into the WPS.?