2008 Huron event makes it to Classic Yacht Magazine ! ( Just Released ! )

2008 Huron event makes it to Classic Yacht Magazine ! ( Just Released ! )

Paul
Paul

September 19th, 2008, 1:32 am #1

Bill Prince is the publisher of Classic Yacht Magazine, and a free copy can be viewed on line here each month. As the time passes on, the link below will showcase the new editions:

http://www.classicyachtmag.com/currentissue.htm

Thanks to Bill, the 2008 Huron Ohio Chris Craft Commander Rendezvous has received some world-wide coverage, and this will help build excitement for the repeat scheduled for 2009 during the same week end. Below are copies of the 2008 article Bill ran about the 2008 event, with reference to the 2009 event too.

Here is a little larger view of this particular page

Seeing this now, brings back the memories and fun! Anyone who is contemplating attending a fun Chris Craft event in 2009, be sure to book this event.

Regards, and thanks to all the boat owners who helped make the event such a success by bringing their boat, and of course, the vast majority of thanks must go to organizers, O'Donnell and Toth!

Great show guys!

Paul

Last edited by FEfinaticP on August 30th, 2009, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James Brunette
James Brunette

September 19th, 2008, 8:09 pm #2

That whole event in Huron from soup to nuts is all good. I knew I was not able to make it and now I have a second chance to attend the seaquel! Seeing the report in CYM makes me feel like I was actually there, since I saw all the photos here first!

James

September 20th, 2008, 12:08 am #3

Bill Prince is the publisher of Classic Yacht Magazine, and a free copy can be viewed on line here each month. As the time passes on, the link below will showcase the new editions:

Thanks to Bill, the 2008 Huron Ohio Chris Craft Commander Rendezvous has received some world-wide coverage, and this will help build excitement for the repeat scheduled for 2009 during the same week end. Below are copies of the 2008 article Bill ran about the 2008 event, with reference to the 2009 event too.

Seeing this now, brings back the memories and fun! Anyone who is contemplating attending a fun Chris Craft event in 2009, be sure to book this event.

Regards, and thanks to all the boat owners who helped make the event such a success by bringing their boat, and of course, the vast majority of thanks must go to organizers, O'Donnell and Toth!

Great show guys!

Paul

They do a real nice job, lots of interesting articles and topics in this latest edition. I just spent over an hour looking through all of the information, and our Commander exposure is heart warming. Contrary to popular belief, there still some things out there for free, like Classic Yacht Magazine (and this forum).

The coverage about the rendezvous in Huron goes a long way to keep the Commander in the limelight and in front of classic yacht buffs where it should be. It helps focus attention on these boats, which means their value as collectable classics and viable restoration candidates will remain strong in the future, and it helps keep the resale value of our boats high too.

Howard

howard at howardechols@hotmail.com

Paul
Paul

August 30th, 2009, 8:17 pm #4

Great show guys!

Paul

Bill Prince has helped get the word out about our Commander fun on Lake Erie, showcasing our 2008 event, and now he's going to give us a little coverage again this year! Every little bit helps, and coupled with the planning and footwork Matt O'Donnell and Tim Toth do making "real contact" with the yacht club, boat basin, Cleveland Boat Show, and marinas all along the Erie coastline, things come together eventually with a successful event that can be shared world-wide.

There will be a nice article coming up in the next edition of Classic Yacht about the big Rendezvous of 2009, check closely you might even see a photo of yourself if you were there! Bill selected the photos, by the way, in case anyone is wondering

Here is the link to Classic Yacht, showcasing the now current edition, but in a few days it will transition over to the September / October edition, and people will be reading about all the fun we had at Huron, Ohio, 2009.
http://www.classicyachtmag.com/

Regards,

Paul
Last edited by FEfinaticP on August 30th, 2009, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.