1976 55' commander question

1976 55' commander question

August 3rd, 2012, 3:01 am #1

After tearing out the headliner in the middle salon and galley there is about a 3/8" threaded stud with a gold nut in the middle of the salon and galley. This stud has wires going to it that are shielded and come from the helm area. I don't believe they are any longer needed but curiosity has the best of me? Any ideas?

Paul
Paul

August 3rd, 2012, 2:32 pm #2

It sounds like it was some sort of a light fixture location.

regards,

Paul

Eric Jensen
Eric Jensen

August 3rd, 2012, 3:51 pm #3

Perhaps it's the power for an anchor light on a mast that was removed or never there.
Eric

Paul A. Mathias
Paul A. Mathias

August 3rd, 2012, 4:44 pm #4

On your plan layout of the 55 the lower salon is a dining ares and that is for the table light fixture.

Paul A. Mathias

August 4th, 2012, 9:29 am #5

It sounds like it was some sort of a light fixture location.

regards,

Paul
Paul,
That is what I thought before I took the headliner down as it is the same thread pattern, but after seeing the piece this actually has the wires going to it as if it were some type of sensor of sorts? I will snap a pic when I go down there Sunda

August 9th, 2012, 12:14 pm #6

On your plan layout of the 55 the lower salon is a dining ares and that is for the table light fixture.

Paul A. Mathias
After tracing wires back it appears that this little gadget is either a microphone or buzzer of sorts as the wires go back to the hailer/radiotelephone control box. Fancy stuff for back in the day

Dave Mehl
Dave Mehl

August 9th, 2012, 2:59 pm #7

Maybe it was a part of the Watergate era.

Dave