Weekend Predicitions

Weekend Predicitions

October 2nd, 2009, 5:40 am #1

7 games over the weekend in the CIHL, should be a good start to the 09-10 campaign...

Friday we have the Kitimat Ice Demons in Terrace to take on the unstable Terrace River Kings.
- Should be an easy prediction, Kitimat will embarrass Terrace on their home ice.
I predict a 9-3 score for the Deems.

Saturdays games:

Hazelton opens their season in Rupert (with without Cardinal?) Either way I gotta say Rupert's home ice will give them a huge boost, I know it will be rocking in there and will be in Rupert luckily on work related stuff so I should be able to catch the action...
Rupert wins a close one 6-4.

Terrace at Kitimat- the home and home wont help Terrace at all, another blowout. 6-1 Demons.

Williams Lake at Smithers- Williams Lake will take this one, 4-2 the score.

Burns Lake at Houston- I'm going to go with Houston, but they will have to work for it. 5-3 score.

Hazelton at Rupert- Hazelton gets their revenge, 4-3 winners.

Williams Lake at Smithers- I'm going out on a limb and saying that Smithers will get a win on Sunday with a very close 5-4 Game. May even go to shootouts.

Those are my predictions! Lets hear some more from around the league...

October 2nd, 2009, 5:53 am #2

PREDICTIONS....

I don't give a sh*t about any of these other teams except the luckies. the braves dont have a chance in hell, 14-3 luckies.

October 2nd, 2009, 5:51 pm #3

KIT-TER - Kitimat wins 2 not in a landslide as usual - 6-4 empty net goal seals it for game 1, and a 4-1 win for game 2.

PR-HAZ - Rupert, more experienced, better shape, more talent = 2 wins -7-4 and 5-2.

WL-SMI - a weekend split a 7-6 win for the puddle on Saturday, a 6-4 win for the team in Birkenstocks on Sunday

BL-HOU - a spirited affair, but a luckies win 5-3. The barn will be rockin Saturday night with a healthy contigent of Braves fans.

October 2nd, 2009, 7:43 pm #4

i agree with you, i would like to see that game between houston and burns. thats going to be a good rivalry. terrace kitimat back to back should be good because of the way it all ended last year. i remember the beer garden going crazy, until we scored. terrace shut us down that game and for the most part it was pretty emotional. dp you were probably cheering for terrace because they were winning, you bandwagon suitcase. jk. should be a good one tonight.

jonny aiken, it is good to have you back buddy

October 3rd, 2009, 3:59 pm #5

OOPS missed the friday night predictions.

KIT/Terr Kitimat to win large again saturday night and every night this year.

PR/HAZ Prince Rupert to win both, way better team than Hazelton. Maybe a split if Cardinal plays one game with rampage and one with Hazelton because this guy is so dominating.NOT.

SMI/WL Williams Lake will take both games. Smithers has no goaltending. Try find Wall and talk to him nice or maybe Joe Bolster wants backin the pipes.

HST/BL Houston will win easy, home crowd and oh ya way better team.I predict 6 scraps, 5 Losses by Houstons young guys and then a huge win when Blair Dinelle shows his young teamates how its done.

October 3rd, 2009, 4:49 pm #6

kitimats sweep of terrace started last night, tonight will be no better.
Williams Lake will take a pair from smithers, close games, 7-5 and 6-2.
Rupert will thump up on Hazelton. 8-1 and 9-2.
goaltenders battle in trailer town..4-3 braves, steve wiljeto will show why he won the scoring title the last time he played in the cihl

October 3rd, 2009, 5:43 pm #7

Hart VS Kenzle will not be a goaltenders battle. Kenzle along with those two targets out in kitimat are the elite goalies in the league. hart has played like maybe 3 or 4 games in the last 3 years and has to prove himself as an elite guy. Luckily hart will have big dave standing in front of him and maybe his "big build" will block some shots.

October 3rd, 2009, 6:42 pm #8

Don't forget about Ryan Fehler. This guy is one of the most dominating dmen in the league at both ends. Hart will have ample help in front of him. The last time Hart was a starter he did quite well also.
Go Stamps Go!

October 3rd, 2009, 7:11 pm #9

you used the term "elite", not me. Hardy astrom was probably involved ina goaltenders battle at some point in his career. while I agree that hart will have to re-establish himself as a top stopper in the league, and I do agree that Kenzle is the measuring stick of tenders in the league, don't forget that hart has beaten kitimat in a playoff series(kenzle has not), has won a league championship(kenzle has not), and went unbeaten in a season(not sure if it was his 1st or 2nd in Houston). Kenzle, as I said, is the guy to top, but Hart is a competitor and will give BL a chance to win every game. Rusty is right, the Braves blueline has 'shaped' up quite nicely, he should have plenty of help this year. The Braves will only get better as the season progresses. That can be said of every team, but likely will be the case more for the newcomers than any other team in the cihl. I suspect we'll witness plenty of tight, hard-fought battles between the 2 teams this year, 5 starting with tonight, and quite likely to see 2 or 3 more come post-season(we can hope).

October 3rd, 2009, 10:36 pm #10

every game is gonna be a battle this year. In my opinion every team other then Terrace and Omineca looks alot better. Smithers has added Ryan DeVries and Hutchinson is back giving them as good a blueline as anyone to go along with an already very deep forward group Williams Lake has addressed it's need to add forward depth and is as deep as anyone now, throw in Brandon Cox on the blueline and they have 3 dmen as good as any in the league. Houston has pulled former captian James Makowchuck out of retirement which will add secondary scoring and leadership to an already dangerous group. Kitimat gets Dan Meyer back who can score at will nearly, along with Geoff Morgan to thier D straight outta junior A. Hazelton has as much confidence as ever which makes them competitive.... throw in Curtis Cardinal and goals shouldn't be hard to come by fo them. Rupert has added Millar who will immediately boost thier offence, and Burns comes in with an already experienced group with all atleast 3 all star calibre guys (wilejto's and fehler). Gonna be a great year!

Go Stamps Go!
Go Stamps Go!