Shock and disappointment :( .....

Shock and disappointment :( .....

February 16th, 2009, 7:23 pm #1

Well I have to say that the shock has still not totally worn off after a disappointing weekend against the Stamps! However, as this will be my last post this year I did want to say a few things about the season.

Firstly, congratulations to the Stamps. You guys are a "class act" and have provided us with some of the most entertaining hockey I have witnessed in the CIHL. That Power play is absolutely deadly, I think we took a total of 4 penalties on the game and you guys made us pay for two of them!

Also, I would like to acknowledge Rusty's comments on this web site both, for your pre-game prediction and post game analysis. You called it right on the money! I think that it came down to 2 things, goaltending and play-off experience. Sellars was Stellar and outplayed Deba in both games where shots on goal were nearly even. Though our team gained some new talent this year with the addition of some "young guns" they lack any type of Play-off experience and I felt they kind of "froze-up" in the face of adversity. (saturdays 3rd period is a good example of this). I actually thought our team was playing much better hockey a month ago, whereas the Stamps have picked it up since the regular season.

Finally, the only solace I am able to take at this point is knowing that you guys have the ability to take out Kitimat. I can only base my opinion on the two games we palyed them during the regular season, but if you guys bring the team we saw on Saturday, they are in serious trouble. So please, honour us in our play-off death, take out Kitimat, I am not sure I can handle another season of "we are the Mighty Demons".

Thanks for a great season and THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE FANS WHO SUPPORTED US THIS YEAR (I THINK WE CRACKED 1000 ON SATURDAY NIGHT!!)

February 16th, 2009, 9:57 pm #2

what a sad way to spend the post season ... pleading with the team that beat you out to take out the team you "pounded physically and mentally" with a come-from-behind 8-7 shootout win after trailing 4-1 in the second period and faced a 20-6 shots third period...and an over-hyped Sunday win, where I'll admit Demons couldn't get the puck past Deba and the Smithers D played well. You guys should put that momenet of glory behind you!

Is it really is that enough to sustain and convince you that you could take the Demons in three in the playoff finals -- if you could JUST have earned the chance? C'mon??? Get over it and come back next year and do better!

Demons can lose in the finals...and the Coy Cup, let's get that straight -- but the team that beats them will have to earn it. One more lesson for the Fish, as if Barak and the rest don't know how it works.

February 16th, 2009, 10:26 pm #3

In my previous post I sated that W.L. was a "class act" and was tempted to say that I was reminded of Kitimat because your players are a class act. Then I came to my senses because I remembered that TOOLS such yourself and Grampa Nimrod have tarnished that class act long ago.

I am glad to see that you are such a gracious winner with your triumphs over Hazelton and Rupert (3 games each I might add) I will expect to see the same level of graciousness when W.L. hands you your a$$.

As far as I am concerned...the sun is shining, theres fresh snow on the hill..time to down a bowl of granola and hit the slopes! Life goes on and we always have next year... but you'll always be a doorknob!

February 16th, 2009, 11:56 pm #4

...a lot of years of winning and success -- obviously enough to build up all the weird animosity that appears to hang over the Bulkley Valley like an ugly black fog under the ski runs and above the arenas.

It's odd that guys that profess to love the sport, the game and the league, just want to cut down those that achieve when they can't do it themselves. It's worse if you're relying on someone else to do it for you. It behooves you, also, to remember who posted the "please Stampeders, honour us by kicking the Demons' ass" posts-- Steely-on and you...

When you're up on the mountain free-skiing, getting on with your life, remember all the people it will take to get you back on the ice when you come back to the ground. Me, the doorknob, I'll likely still be working on behalf of the CIHL when you're doing your nose dives into the moguls.

February 17th, 2009, 12:13 am #5

What's with the change in attitude papa? You've always taken the critisism with a grain of salt, but lately you seem to be throwin jabs back.
Go Stamps Go!

February 17th, 2009, 12:34 am #6

but they delivered the crap rockets at me on their official website writeup on the games...and I just didn't agree with that. But it's been pretty constant the last couple of years the "wait and see," "I'm telling my Mom" stuff and we're all still waiting. Certainly could be taking it all too seriously but this kind of guff tends to make me want to respond in kind.

February 17th, 2009, 1:51 am #7

Hugh it doesn't bother me if the Lake does win... I like the Green and Black... always have... lookign forward to a great rivalry and series.. no matter what the score it's gonna be damned entertaining.... the Green and Black are a franchise that don't quit and their fans are just as passionate as Kitimat's... (maybe even more if I dare say, they are damned loyal and rightly so)... But the fact is that the teams we cheer for can back up the bluster and that's what pisses you off most.......

never made it personal either... unlike you!

February 17th, 2009, 4:06 am #8

Papa Hewey, you're just lucky you had the ref's on your side all weekend because the Wolverines would of knocked you out Saturday. They were all over you for a period and a half until the ref decided to help your team out the rest of the game. Two hits from behind that weren't called, a goal for you that was an icing, number of slashing calls that were missed, and I can go on and on, but I won't because I would sound too much like yourself. The reffing was absolutely ****ty, and I don't care what anybody says. Pretty obvious when the ref and linesmen are going into the Kitimat dressing room. You just couldn't handle a small town like Hazelton putting a smack down on you guys because it would make you look bad.

February 17th, 2009, 4:46 am #9

The only contribution you ever have to this forum is excuses. There are a lot of bad refs in this league, but the good teams kill the bad penalties and overcome adversity. Getting thumped 15-3 in two playoff games is not the refs fualt!
Go Stamps Go!

February 17th, 2009, 4:56 am #10

I was at both games, there was no favoritism for the Demons the penalties the Rines got were well deserved along with the Demon penalties.. I was wondering when the bad reffing propaganda was going to start..you fans are F@#$#%ED UP