Prince George

hockey'smy game
hockey'smy game

April 6th, 2009, 4:22 pm #11

Lumberkings tourney this year did every team that won get their money or was it a rip off again, flew in Gino Odjick and paid the Fullers but what the hell it did'nt matter eh! Shelton almost a mercy rule for F.S.J. it shows there's more hockey talant out there than these guys you paid to play for you.

hockey fan
hockey fan

April 6th, 2009, 6:03 pm #12

What a waste of time...Heard Sheldon paid out lots of money for players just to keep all of the prize monies in PG. To bad Williams Lake couldn't bring their full team but no Sheldon wouldn't let that happen because Williams Lake would of won the tourney. No wonder there was only 4 teams in A division and heard 3 of them were financed by PG. Its a good thing I was there to watch the other Divisions at least they were from other places.

hockey'smy game
hockey'smy game

April 7th, 2009, 10:14 pm #13

Heard thro the grapevine Sheldon thought the Williams Lake Team were to stacked, stacked Shelton what is stacked Sheldon ? not the one that was entered, the previous team that entered before the one you let in.
Robin Gilberts Team, I hope you and Harley enjoy your nice vacation you both
worked hard for it charging admission to Elders and Little Children.

sheldon
sheldon

April 13th, 2009, 2:02 pm #14

I would like to respond to Willie Sellars, Robin Gilbert and some of the allagations that they are throwing around.

1)Harley should be given kuddos for providing the "A" Division with $9,500 in prize money when there was no entry fees taken from the (4) teams in the top division.

2) Big Guy Lake split there team up into two teams on Wed of the tournament so there could be an "A" Division (BGL, FSJ, Kamloops Falcons an the no-shows from Williams Lake)

3) Big Guy Lake had 8 skaters and Fort St James had 8 skaters when they split the BGL team up and Williams Lake approached one of the BGL players $400 to play for them and the rest is history.

4) The Fullers were paid expense money like many other top teams in all the tournaments in Native Hockey and Gino Odjick was brought in as an ambassador to the tournement.

5) I helped the BC Selects team with some money to cover some of the rooms($100) that the players stayed in so if you call that financing, so be it.

The Williams Lake players, fans and sponsors were cheated out by one player who would not play because he was caught offering a BGL player money and he may have had to pay the price on the ice.

* Notice that i put my name and email to this post unlike others (RG or WS)

lol
lol

April 13th, 2009, 3:14 pm #15

What a waste of time...Heard Sheldon paid out lots of money for players just to keep all of the prize monies in PG. To bad Williams Lake couldn't bring their full team but no Sheldon wouldn't let that happen because Williams Lake would of won the tourney. No wonder there was only 4 teams in A division and heard 3 of them were financed by PG. Its a good thing I was there to watch the other Divisions at least they were from other places.
Sounds like someone is a little sour, quit your whining, you say you would of won, LMAO, I heard you were too chicken to show your face after your funny business you tried playing by buying players on the sly. Are you man or mouse???? Suck it up buttercup!!!!

Jim Grant
Jim Grant

April 14th, 2009, 7:34 am #16

I would like to respond to Willie Sellars, Robin Gilbert and some of the allagations that they are throwing around.

1)Harley should be given kuddos for providing the "A" Division with $9,500 in prize money when there was no entry fees taken from the (4) teams in the top division.

2) Big Guy Lake split there team up into two teams on Wed of the tournament so there could be an "A" Division (BGL, FSJ, Kamloops Falcons an the no-shows from Williams Lake)

3) Big Guy Lake had 8 skaters and Fort St James had 8 skaters when they split the BGL team up and Williams Lake approached one of the BGL players $400 to play for them and the rest is history.

4) The Fullers were paid expense money like many other top teams in all the tournaments in Native Hockey and Gino Odjick was brought in as an ambassador to the tournement.

5) I helped the BC Selects team with some money to cover some of the rooms($100) that the players stayed in so if you call that financing, so be it.

The Williams Lake players, fans and sponsors were cheated out by one player who would not play because he was caught offering a BGL player money and he may have had to pay the price on the ice.

* Notice that i put my name and email to this post unlike others (RG or WS)
Well we went to PG This year!! Kamloops Falcons Our first time ever attending, we played in the A Division and it was fast rough good old indian hockey!! We had a short bench but we went 0-3 in the round robin. It was a good experience for our young players and a good lesson, My hats off to Harley and Sheldon for a great tournament! It is not easy to run hockey tournaments and deserve a lot of credit to keeping their tournament going! Way to go!! As a tournament organizer myself i know first hand you are not going to please everyone and i congratulate Harley and Sheldon for keeping Native Hockey going. We played in top division and still had fun! we sometimes forget that hockey is suppose to be fun! at any level, and lets face it all the players that play these tournaments should remember that.

Hockey Mom
Hockey Mom

April 16th, 2009, 4:43 pm #17

How come there is so much whining going on about the hockey acouple weeks ago do these people really think Harley raked in the money?and who do they think paid for the ice time which is a small fortune time keepers Ref's all these people need to get paid this guy sounds like his really sulking about something go home to your mama
at least Sheldon and Harley do this for the love of the game and people like some of these whiners spoil it at one time MEN played for the love of the game now everyone think their super stars and want money maybe next year they should not charge anything and everyone pay for their ice time then we'll see how many people will show up

hockey mom
hockey mom

April 16th, 2009, 4:46 pm #18

Lumberkings tourney this year did every team that won get their money or was it a rip off again, flew in Gino Odjick and paid the Fullers but what the hell it did'nt matter eh! Shelton almost a mercy rule for F.S.J. it shows there's more hockey talant out there than these guys you paid to play for you.
sounds like you got left out are you the guy that wanted to play for Wm Lake for money and in the end they never came

Chief
Chief

April 17th, 2009, 7:23 pm #19

Sounds like someone is a little sour, quit your whining, you say you would of won, LMAO, I heard you were too chicken to show your face after your funny business you tried playing by buying players on the sly. Are you man or mouse???? Suck it up buttercup!!!!
just beacause the big bad williams lake stampeders won the coy cup doesn't mean that they were gonna take pg tourney like nothing. HAH! u guys would have done good if u pussys would have brought ur team. anyways, why is the big talk about those pussys down south. i believe Fort St. James and Prince George were in the finals with Fort St. James taking it. so williams lake, u guys should do ur talking on the ice.

Bigger Chief
Bigger Chief

May 25th, 2009, 9:19 pm #20

Coy Cup or No Coy Cup the Williams Lake Teams always did their talking on
the ice. The players from the Alkali Braves Team were the reason the Williams Lake Stampeders won the Coy Cup, and you guys should know that first
hand Big Guy Lake they beat you guys a few times when you visited Williams Lake.Anyway if there's a tournament else where thats where we will go, PG is a money crap.