Playoff predictions

Playoff predictions

January 22nd, 2009, 4:46 am #1

what teams in how many games folks?
Go Stamps Go!

January 22nd, 2009, 5:01 am #2

East - Is too close to call. Three teams are very equal, and the fourth just thinks they are better than everybody else! I think you will see hard fought battles in both of these series, and I will sit on the fence a bit and say that any of these teams could win their series...so I will pick the teams that will give me the dream matchup...the Battle of The Bulkley!!

HOU 2 WL 1
SMI 2 OMI 1

West - This year has a strange feel to it, I cannot put my finger on it...and I believe that you will see two 'upsets' in the west. I think Hazelton has been putting their game together and Terrace seems to be Team turmoil again and just ripe for the pickin...Hazelton in three...Kitimat and Rupert...Kitimat seems to have some tough injuries to deal with, and rupert has loaded up with a bit more talent. At the risk of having the 'Papa Hewey 'dont doubt my demons' speech thrown at me, and the underused, and never seen enough on the forum, Grampa J-roc 'be the best...beat the best' pearl of wisdom, repeated 40 more times in the next 24 hours...I will pick the Rampage over the demons...its just a gut feeling...sorry guys!!

HAZ 2 TER 1
PR 2 KIT 1

January 22nd, 2009, 11:36 am #3

Houston vs. Williams Lake - Gonna be a close series and could go either way, probably the best series to watch in the first round but im gonna go out on a limb and pick Williams Lake 2-1..

Smithers vs. Omenica - Not gonna go 3 games, Smithers in 2.. 1 close game within 2 goals and 1 game with the hoof losing by 5-6...

Terrace vs. Hazelton - Terrace in 3 games i think.. Gonna be a rough and dirty series!!

Kitimat vs. Rupert - Kitimat in 2 close games, Rupert is a good solid expansion team but dont have the experience or skill to win this series.. Both games will be between 3-4 goals for sure!!

Good luck to all teams, and drive safely

January 22nd, 2009, 6:17 pm #4

that sounds about right. I like how you predicted right down to how many goals not just games lol... I wouldn't be able to predict that at 3 in the morning ;)

January 22nd, 2009, 7:22 pm #5

You're free to predict. No speeches. Check back next Saturday night and we'll see. However, I wonder if you include a "good thumping" for the Demons in your nightly prayers. See ya in Houston!

January 22nd, 2009, 8:47 pm #6

All series are tough to call ...

Stamps VS Luckies
Williams Lake will win at home but lose on the road. Houston really does have the best fans and one of the hardest barns to play in!
Houston in 3

ICE VS Steelheads
Smithers is a great fast team. The ICE have never had their full squad or their goalie in previous games. This will be a great series knowing now that Guy Welch will play for the ICE! Should be interesting. I will say
ICE in 3

Wolverines VS Riverkings
I agree this will be a crazy series, I would love nothing better than to see the Wolverines take Terrace out. A bit of a gamble but
Wolverines in 3

Demons VS Ramage
Curtis is a great addition to the Ramage. The demons might be in for a surprise. The difference will be the big ice surface, the demons are used to this and the Rampage aren't. I hate to say it
Demons in 3

January 23rd, 2009, 2:34 am #7

I like everyones predictions. Alot of people seem to be going out on the limb.

(1)Smithers vs (4)Omineca - Smithers won the season series 4-0 and despite the addition of Guy Walsh the Ice still don't have the defence core to keep the Steelheads shot total to a managable amount. Throw in the departure of Pual Girodat and this seems like a 2-0 sweep for the Fish. If Omineca can get a win on home ice in game 1 that may give them the mental boost to compete with the Fish in Smithers, but I say 2-0 Smithers.

(2)Houston vs (3)Williams Lake - a 2-2 split in the regular season shows how tight this series will be. Houston has the edge with Kenzel in net, but the Stamps forwards against the Luckies defence is a match-up the Stamps should dominate. If the Stamps get thier defensive game together I see them winning if not it will be tough to score enough on Kenzel to keep up. I like the Stamps 2-1.

(1)Kitimat vs (4)Prince Rupert - Rupert has gotten better down the stretch and has found a way to win some games, but despite that they are facing a team that is 6-0 against them. The loss of Hewitson levels the playing field abit, but the experience of the Demons is too much for a new team. Demons in 2.

(2)Terrace vs (3)Hazelton - Another one sided series here with the Kings taking all 6 meeting this year, but having said that I think with a full roster the Rines are the better team. With the Marshalls, wolfenden, Lou jr, and Barnes they can thrown two good lines out while Terrace is a one man show offensively. If the 'rines can find an answer for Cullis they should win provided thier goaltending holds up. The game 1 result will determine this series and I'll take Hazelton 2 games to 1.
Go Stamps Go!

January 23rd, 2009, 8:02 am #8

I think we are going to have some of the best hockey ever this year. It looks like we have the makings for four real good series. Too bad it wasn't best of five or seven. Here it goes.

East

Hou- WL

Houston will pound, smash, and beat WL in 3 games. WL should take game one with Houstons bus legs, but watchout in Houston.

Smi-Omi

Going to be an easy series for Smithers. I'm guessing that Smithers will take it in 2.

West

Ter-Haz

Hazelton played Terrace hard all year, even though it didn't show on the score board. Three games Hazelton out played Terrace, but Terrace came ahead. I'm going with Terrace in 3. I think Hazelton can steal one game if they keep out of the penalty box.

Kit-PR

If Prince Rupert finish there checks, and I mean all their checks for 3 games, they can win this series. Kitimat can't take the hitting and will take alot of stupid penalties, and with the addition of Cardnal, Prince Rupert has the best power play in the league. Prince Rupert, hit them and you will walk away with the series in three.

January 23rd, 2009, 4:13 pm #9

Kitimat in 2 straight, (experience over newbies)
Terrace in 3, (6-0 in the regular season says something here)
Smithers in 2 straight, (not even close)
Williams Lake in 3. (you can't hit what you can't catch)

January 24th, 2009, 12:51 am #10

West
Wolverines vs The Kings
If the Wolves play their "A" game and all their young guns are home, and they can man to man #55 Steve Cullis from the Kings, The Wolverine will win their first Playoff series. In 3 games.

Demons vs Rampage
A easy two game sweep. To much pride and experience in the Demons to let the Rampage get a sniff. Demons in 2.

East
Stampeders vs Luckies
I would love to see a Bulkley Valley east finals, not going to happen!
To much talent on the Stamps this year to let a couple goons chase them off the puck. If the Luckie can control a couple of their players they might make a series of it. The Stamps get a couple goals up, history for the Luckies. Stamps in 2.

Steelheads vs Ice
This is not a easy series as everybody thinks. The Ice have the Talent but ...... For the Ice I hope Guy Walsh has his games in, trying to play him other wise will be interesting. Steelheads are ready and want to prove something this year, the Ice will not stop them.
Steelheads in 2.