demons Rampage

demons Rampage

December 6th, 2009, 7:23 am #1

another good one... 5-2 demons final... Moran was a wall again tonite...

Rampage played great they wanted this one.. we wer up 4-0 when they started their comeback... beat us in the third 2-1... so just goes to show you every game they are getting better...

One fight Doug wilson and sorry can't remember the number ogf the Rampage player... so the name escapes me... but as Don Cherry would say good tilt by couple good guys...

Not sure what doug was doing tonight but he was on fire... and played great..

I'll let Papa give you guys the details....

December 6th, 2009, 7:37 am #2

Ice Demons do not play again this year -- and meet the ice on Jan. 2-3,,,
so we'll be staging an Ice Demons v Demons Alumni - Olt Timers game, which could be a lot of fund on Dec. 19.

I'll put out some of the names shortly -- but Hewey and Troy Butler will bth lace 'em up for the Alumni...at least that's the plan for now...Mike Step will be playing -- and Darrell Lowes will get to make Mike do some wallies before the game...

December 7th, 2009, 10:32 pm #3

another good one... 5-2 demons final... Moran was a wall again tonite...

Rampage played great they wanted this one.. we wer up 4-0 when they started their comeback... beat us in the third 2-1... so just goes to show you every game they are getting better...

One fight Doug wilson and sorry can't remember the number ogf the Rampage player... so the name escapes me... but as Don Cherry would say good tilt by couple good guys...

Not sure what doug was doing tonight but he was on fire... and played great..

I'll let Papa give you guys the details....
Have to disagree, the wall of Moran was full of cracks. He had a decent second period, but let out bad rebounds. As for the first and third he was beaten cleanly four or five times to the sounds of the post. He also looked completely dazed on a shoot-in that rang off the post and sat behind him for a few seconds. The Rampage could have easily won this one if their sights had been set 1/4 of an inch in either direction. The Demons won, but they were far from dominating and it could have easily been in the others favor on this night.

December 8th, 2009, 1:01 am #4

the Rampage directed did ding off the posts -- part of Moran's equipment. I believe our guys hit posts as well in this game. Rupert didn't show up until the fourth goal was picked out of Movald's net. By that time, some of the Demons were starting to look for five, six and seven and were not exactly following the game plan...

For this one to go the other way would have required a little better work ethic in the earlier stages...including, I think, the second period when the Rampage had some of pp chances. Now there's a sample of my now infamous bias, but that's how I saw it. Speed, control and better legs lead to more opportunities. But usually three unanswered in the second and the fourth in the third says you're winning...

That the Rampage ket coming and DID play a better third period was the good news for Prince Rupert fans.