Moodmeter.

Moodmeter.

granthamblades
granthamblades

July 23rd, 2012, 8:42 am #1

I set of feeling neither and voted accordingly. However the new season draws near and Danny is sending out optimistic messages from under his parasol in Malta.I am gullible and wanted to hear something positive,and Danny has obliged.My feelings are now moving toward Optimistic but I am ,I suppose ,from the old school of thought,and am a strong believer in that old saying that action speak louder than words.So let the action commence.

UTB

July 23rd, 2012, 11:45 am #2

There is nowt wrong with the old school of thought Grantham.
Actions are needed but I just feel lifted by Danny Wilson at present and despite being down after the Wembley game I am amazed how much I am looking forward now to another season.
Perhaps I am just "an old fool"
UTB

July 23rd, 2012, 12:45 pm #3

I can't wait for the new season to start Kenty.

Perhaps we are all living in a fool's paradise!

Mall
Mall

July 23rd, 2012, 4:03 pm #4

Well, anyone whose mood is lifted by a single interview, and forget the 'disgruntlingness' of the close season is actually edging towards blind faith.....something which the 'old school' should be immune to.
Wilson, you would expect, is hardly going to piss on anyone's chips at this stage of the season, and to get at the truth you would have to listen to quite a lot of future interviews before you could unravel the current one.

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

July 23rd, 2012, 4:49 pm #5

We'll have to allow you your cynicism for all things United, Mall. Its there in all of us really, its just how much we choose to listen to those dark voices.

We know that we are the No.1 team for resting defeat from the jaws of victory, but supporting United, its like buying a lottery ticket. You don't expect to win, but its nice to dream about what you'd do if you did, all the same.

As we stand for players, we are doing OK, one out, a couple in. Maybe we will keep hold of Quinn, McD and Willo. Interesting to see if they are in the squad for tonight. If not, then we'll have others to pull on a shirt on the first day. All will be well...

Carry on regardless and UTB

Dunc

S13 Blade
S13 Blade

July 23rd, 2012, 5:48 pm #6

I set of feeling neither and voted accordingly. However the new season draws near and Danny is sending out optimistic messages from under his parasol in Malta.I am gullible and wanted to hear something positive,and Danny has obliged.My feelings are now moving toward Optimistic but I am ,I suppose ,from the old school of thought,and am a strong believer in that old saying that action speak louder than words.So let the action commence.

UTB
Well I'm old school, and optimistic and I've put a Pony on the Blades finishing in the top two.

July 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm #7

Well, anyone whose mood is lifted by a single interview, and forget the 'disgruntlingness' of the close season is actually edging towards blind faith.....something which the 'old school' should be immune to.
Wilson, you would expect, is hardly going to piss on anyone's chips at this stage of the season, and to get at the truth you would have to listen to quite a lot of future interviews before you could unravel the current one.
My mood has nothing to with Wilson's interviews. I don't subscribe to Blades Player, so I haven't heard much of what he may have said. I just feel that the Club is moving forward sensibly and working within the limitations forced upon them.

I always get a surge of anticipation at the start of a new season, irrespective of how good or bad things look. Our squad doesn't seem to have fallen apart - we will have a few new names in the side, which is always something to look forward to. The rebuilding that appears to be happening now is what we expected to happen last season. I have no idea just how the team will do this season, but I'm always hopeful.

July 23rd, 2012, 7:24 pm #8

Six - nil in Malta tonight hasn't done my mood any harm!

Old Blade
Old Blade

July 23rd, 2012, 10:48 pm #9

Hi Broomers,Do you mean they won 6 0 One can never be sure with our lot.

July 24th, 2012, 5:42 am #10

Good morning Oldblade.
Thats what it says won 6-0
Cofie scored.
All the familar names shown, the only two that I can think of not playing are Williamson and Porter.
Does anyone know if we still have Williamson?
Reported MacDonald had a good game.
UTB
PS Long in goal the whole match