League Table Changes...

League Table Changes...

bladeinthesouth
bladeinthesouth

February 16th, 2011, 9:44 pm #1

Scunthorpe beat Forest. Only 2 points behind us now.

If that doesn't focus the players minds, I don't know what will.

February 16th, 2011, 9:58 pm #2

Yes, and they still have two games in hand over the Blades.

If we're going to get out of this mess we'll have to do it the hard way!

February 16th, 2011, 10:18 pm #3

It is still in our hands ,it matters how we do against the teams around us .
Some teams above always gets sucked down into the relegation battle just beat the teams around us and we will be ok starting on saturday.

saneblade
saneblade

February 16th, 2011, 10:44 pm #4

Agree all that matters is points. We need about eighteen. Thats a gigantic ask. Which five or six teams will we beat:-)

saneblade
saneblade

February 16th, 2011, 10:45 pm #5

It is still in our hands ,it matters how we do against the teams around us .
Some teams above always gets sucked down into the relegation battle just beat the teams around us and we will be ok starting on saturday.
Agree all that matters is points. We need about eighteen. Thats a gigantic ask. Which five or six teams will we beat:-)

granthamblades
granthamblades

February 16th, 2011, 10:53 pm #6

Yes, and they still have two games in hand over the Blades.

If we're going to get out of this mess we'll have to do it the hard way!
Our club is in a mess out of its own making,if we do get out of it,it will by the clubs own making,not what happens elsewhere. What happens at other clubs in a similar position is of some interest,but our salvation is down to our club.Despite our precarious league position nearly twenty thousand loyal supporters turned up last night to do their bit.Its now down to the powers that be to match the efforts of the supporters.The signing of two or three quality loan players,sooner rather than,later would imo,be the best way to achieve it.

UTB

oldblade
oldblade

February 16th, 2011, 11:08 pm #7

I don't think there will be any more signings. What we've got to get out of this mess with what we've got.

I agree that ultimately it's our own results that will determine what division we are in next season. But, it's just our luck that Scunthorpe finally win ahome league game, and against a better side than us, just a week before playing us. I hope this improvement is just temporary!!

Hodge
Hodge

February 17th, 2011, 7:37 am #8

This is starting to feel like a very slippery slope. The emergency signings stink of desperation. The feeling that its too little late is very powerful at the moment. The idea of makings signings in pre season is so that the players get to know each other by about September, we are doing all our business now, its a case study in how not to do it. He's an idea, lets get Pele to come over and give us all a big boost? Or perhaps we could relaunch the Blades Way?

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

February 17th, 2011, 9:47 am #9

Look at last year's table. 21 points needed. We need 3 wins on the bounce starting saturday. McCabe will not let the team go down-----top level loan players will be sought.

February 17th, 2011, 6:48 pm #10

I hope you are right Bedford this skeleton squad has needed bodies in for two seasons only quality will get us some wins now.