Sound Samples for Cabaret Echoes

Sound Samples for Cabaret Echoes

David Sager
David Sager

May 11th, 2010, 3:20 pm #1

The sound samples for Cabaraet Echoes are now up on Archeophone's website. Visit http://www.archeophone.com/product_info ... cts_id=102

Thnaks

David

Linda
Linda

May 11th, 2010, 5:51 pm #2

I sure can't wait to hear this Cabaret Echoes release. Thanks for the link to the sound samples. The first one I wanted to hear was Ory's Creole Trombone. Unfortunately the excerpt was from the first part of the recording. What I really want to hear is the last part of the record where Mutt Carey gets going and really starts swinging. Carey's hot playing at the end of the record shows how the New Orleans musicians could really swing as early as 1922!
Also not to be overlook on this set is the important recording of "That Sweet Something Dear" by Orys Sunshine Orchestra with Ruth Lee.
It is great to be able to hear a recording of this song because it was one of the rejected Gennett titles by King Oliver's Creole Jazzband.
Plus wonderful to hear Johnny DeDroit's voice again. I got to meet and talk with him at the 1983 Tulane Hot Jazz Classic in New Orleans. They had a special night devoted just to him at Kolb's restaurant where his band had played in the 1920's. There was a write up about the event in the New Orleans Times Picayune of May 25, 1983 and my picture was included in the write up: