Happy Birthday, Tram!

Happy Birthday, Tram!

May 30th, 2010, 5:03 pm #1

Listen to some of Tram's recordings and celebrate his life and his partnership with Bix.

Albert

May 31st, 2010, 12:12 am #2

Listen to his music and, if you feel inclined, read my IAJRC Journal article "Bix and Benny."

http://ms.cc.sunysb.edu/~alhaim/Article ... ixAndBenny

Albert
Last edited by ahaim on May 31st, 2010, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

hal smith
hal smith

May 31st, 2010, 1:56 am #3

Also 75 years ago was Separation day for the Dorsey's brothers.

John Rowland
John Rowland

May 31st, 2010, 1:49 pm #4

Listen to his music and, if you feel inclined, read my IAJRC Journal article "Bix and Benny."

http://ms.cc.sunysb.edu/~alhaim/Article ... ixAndBenny

Albert
Reading this article on Bix and Benny again made me want to cry. Two of my favourite musicians of all time together. Why, oh why couldn't we have had recordings of these live performances on film, if not on wax or wire? Why couldn't I have been alive back then to witness this era of exceptional music? I know, just ramblings of an impossible dream, yet also an indication of the impact they still have on our lives that they could never have imagined at the time. It simply serves to make me ever more appreciative of all the people who help keep this music alive (that includes you, Mr. Bixography Website Administrator).

May 31st, 2010, 5:51 pm #5

.... you are much too kind.

I launched the Bixography on Feb 1, 1999 and WBIX on Dec 10, 1999. The first message in the Forum goes back to Sep 15, 1999, but the Forum was launched a few months earlier; at one point, the earlier messages were lost.   Except for these, ALL the messages are still available!) This was almost the dawn of what at the time was known as the world wide web. Although the world wide web was introduced in 1990, it did not become what we have today until 1993 when version 1.0 of the Mosaic browser was released by the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois.

The success of the Bixography and its satellites is due, in no small measure,  to the large number of devoted Biuxophiles who read the Bixography, contribute to the forum, and listen regularly to WBIX. I have had about 232,000 (I wonder when I will hit the quarter million milestone) visits to the main Bixography website, and about 52,000 to WBIX. The Forum brings in regularly over 1,000 hits a day, occasionally over 2,000.

<strong>"Through His Music, Bix Is Alive."</strong>

Albert