Goldkette about the state of music in the US in 1945.

Goldkette about the state of music in the US in 1945.

November 11th, 2017, 12:17 am #1

From the Canyon News, Texas, Aug2, 1945.

Some interesting comments from Goldkette. Unfortunately, two errors:
- Goldkette was born in Greece, not France. This one, not horrible. But get a load of the next one.
- Goldkette in New Orleans in 1915 formed the Dixieland Jazz Band (I guess the writer means Original Dixieland Jazz Band.)

Who was Charles Hughes? According to The Detroit Athletic Club, 1887-2001 by Kenneth H. Voyles, John A. Bluth:

Albert
Last edited by ahaim on November 11th, 2017, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 11th, 2017, 12:33 am #2

Anatomy of A Recording
"I Didn't Know," by Jean Goldkette with Bix Beiderbecke, November 24, 1924
IAJRC Journal, Vol 47, issue 3, 2014.
http://bixbeiderbecke.com/IDidntKnowSubmitted.doc

From the article:
"Detroit Athletic Club, November 24, 1924.
On this date, portable Victor recording equipment was brought in the Detroit Athletic Club for a recording session of the Jean Goldkette Victor recording orchestra. Edward T. “Eddie” King was the recording director."

Albert

Coscannon
Coscannon

November 12th, 2017, 11:16 pm #3

From the Canyon News, Texas, Aug2, 1945.

Some interesting comments from Goldkette. Unfortunately, two errors:
- Goldkette was born in Greece, not France. This one, not horrible. But get a load of the next one.
- Goldkette in New Orleans in 1915 formed the Dixieland Jazz Band (I guess the writer means Original Dixieland Jazz Band.)

Who was Charles Hughes? According to The Detroit Athletic Club, 1887-2001 by Kenneth H. Voyles, John A. Bluth:

Albert
The author, L.L. Stevenson, or Louis Lacy Stevenson, was not exactly the biggest name in showbiz coverage. When his Bell Syndicate column finally got a NYC outlet after nearly a decade of effort, it was the Brooklyn Eagle.

I doubt Goldkette would have told him about Greece, or Russia.