Birthday

Birthday

Jim Baldwin
Jim Baldwin

June 27th, 2012, 7:42 pm #1

Tomorrow, the 28th will be the anniversary of one of the truly great musicians of the 1920s. Adrian Rollini has brought jazz joy to hundreds of thousands over the years. I'll be playing an archived broadcast on my radio show from 2005. Tune in to WOOL.FM at 1PM Eastern time for two hours of fun,history and old recordings.

Rob Rothberg
Rob Rothberg

June 27th, 2012, 8:41 pm #2

I join the birthday greetings. But apart from that, Jim, I remember how you improvised a lecture on Rollini at the September 13, 2001 IAJRC meeting in Pennsylvania to fill in for other speakers who couldn't make it because planes were grounded after 9/11. It was great!

June 28th, 2012, 3:25 pm #3

Tomorrow, the 28th will be the anniversary of one of the truly great musicians of the 1920s. Adrian Rollini has brought jazz joy to hundreds of thousands over the years. I'll be playing an archived broadcast on my radio show from 2005. Tune in to WOOL.FM at 1PM Eastern time for two hours of fun,history and old recordings.
The four stars are Joe Venuti, Eddie Lang Vic Berton ... and the great Adrian Rollini. Listen to Adrian in this recording from June 1927.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jJb8b_1gsA

Albert