I dont' know about your respective areas...

I dont' know about your respective areas...

March 15th, 2006, 11:33 am #1

...but it has been beautiful in our area. A tad windy, but beautiful. Tried to do some gold leaf lettering on my wifes truck and it kept blowing away! Had to stop before I guilded the yard!

The mornings in NC will get cold again towards the weekend, already too cold to run out to my car to get something without a bathrobe this morning (a bag of cookies I left out there). Even if I could run out there, which I could if I wanted to, it's harder to explain why you are naked when the temp is 35 degrees than it is when the temp is 70 degrees. If you do get caught naked, at least do so intellegently! They may not care if you are naked, but when it's 35 degrees?

Missing quite a few folks the past couple of weeks. Hope all is well.

Monday night chat went very well, had a total of four guests plus myself. compared to last week, it was a full house, since nobody showed last week.

Daniel is on the road a lot in his truck, Nancy is out of town for the week, and I'm not sure of everyone else except life has them by the tail I suppose. So be at peace, listen to God, trust Jesus and fellowship with the holy spirit.

Boyd Allen
"May the Lord protect our nudity from the sight of those who will not benefit, and may he allow us to be seen by those who will."

March 15th, 2006, 5:55 pm #2

I check in daily, but I'm really burried right now at the office, so when I get home I have no interest in seeing another computer!

As far as running outside in the cold, move to north east Ohio! I take the garbage out while still nude every Thursday morning, year round. I think the coldest I can remember it being was right around zero! This happens usually between 4:45 and 5:00 am, so nobody is out at this time.

One funny story about taking the garbage out. Last year, on that zero degree day, I didn't go to the "Y" to run, so I was up later then usual, and not really thinking, I went out to take the trash to the curb. As I got to the end of the drive I ran into a woman walking! I really didn't think that anyone would be out at that time, but I was wrong! She passed me without even batting an eye, I guess seeing a nude guy outside in zero degree weather is more common then I thought! LOL!

As it started warming up last year, I would wrap a towel around me and do my morning devotions out on my front porch, and she would walk past, but again she never looked my way.

I try not to push the envelope like that anymore. As the weather warms up, I'll hit the back deck to do my devo's. The only problem with the back deck is at that time in the morning its still wet with dew, where the front porch is covered and dry. Oh such problems!!! LOL!

Rob

"It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand!"

March 15th, 2006, 6:46 pm #3

Sounds like you enjoy getting out once in a while!

As for her not batting an eye, she may just be looking ahead to avoid you and ignore you. Some people would rather avoid conflict, but does not necessarilly mean they are OK with it.

I have found that to be true on a number of occassions where I have the feeling that though they may be friendly to your face, they will be calling the local authorities after they get home...anonymously of course.

But keep on doing what your doing, she may be OK with it after all.

Boyd Allen
"May the Lord protect our nudity from the sight of those who will not benefit, and may he allow us to be seen by those who will."

March 15th, 2006, 8:23 pm #4

LOL, I agree that's most likely why she didn't batt an eye. I haven't seen her at all this winter, she may have given up walking, or is walking another route.

After reading some of Kevin's issues, I have stopped pushing the envelope... a little. I still go out to the curb to get the paper, and to take the garbage out, just now I do it a little earlier than before. When I do it, there are vary few houses with lights on! Plus its so dark out then that I most likely wouldn't be noticed.

Rob

"It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand!"

Kevin
Kevin

March 18th, 2006, 1:53 am #5

Okay, here goes...

Of all the times that I've been seen naked, which is several, only two of those times have resulted in any problems. The first was with my step-daughter, and the second was the "bridge incident". I have identified the reason why these two specific instances became problems, and it really drives home the reasons why we make such an emphasis on respecting others but still living out our faith.

With the exception of those two times, every time that I have been seen naked I was taking every reasonable precaution, not exactly not to be seen, but not to offfend somebody. If I was seen, it was obvious to the other person that it was not my specific intent to be seen by them. They could tell I was just being me, I guess.

On the two occasions in question, though, that wasn't quite the case. In the case of my step-daughter I intentionally went against her wishes concerning my being naked when her son was around. He'd seen me naked since he was born, it was my house, I was angry at her "stick-my-head-in-the-sand" attitude towards nakedness- none of them good reasons, I know, but they were mine at the time...

As far as the incidents at the toll-booth, I just wasn't as concerned as I should have been about them seeing me. A friend's wife used to work at the tols, and she said they see naked people regularly, and that lessened the necessity in my mind for me to cover up, and besides, I didn't think they would be able to see into my truck. Point is, I actually didn't care if they saw me or not, and I should have. I didn't think until later that they would probably, and rightly so, assume that my motives were less than pure. Lack of insight on my part, I guess.

Anyway, I guess the point is that if we try to be as respectful and conscious of others as we can, they will usually, but not necessarily always, not see our nakedness as offensive enough to call "the Law". We can be ourselves, but we still need to love others enough to at least consider their feelings, which is what Christians are supposed to do, anyway.

And at least I seem to be getting past my "issues". My step-daughter and I have renewed our relationship, and I have appologized for not respecting her wishes like I should have. My house or not, whether I agree with how she raises him or not, he's her son, and I don't have the right to subvert her authority or wishes, unless that would alow something that would actually be dangerous to him.

My lawyer also seems confident that my case with the state should be able to be resolved in my favor. April 13 will tell all...

Hope this helps somebody.

Later
God Bless
Kevin

March 18th, 2006, 12:05 pm #6

There there are some people who will call the law if they think you are naked! One of the neighbors I had would call the law if I were naked in my backyard minding my own business. There are just those who have an attitude a mile long. Sad to say, this same person later was found to be dealing with cocain in their home while baby sitting the kids. She was a live in "nanny" and housekeeper.

If it weren't for her, maybe the law would have never been called on me, since I had been living there for over three years. It was the newer neighbors that had the problems, not the ones that were there from the beginning.

My FIL knows I'm a nudist, knows I am nude all the time at home, and understands why. He has no problem with it at all. Unless he is here. Then he gets bent out of shape. I know, he had a troubled childhood, but that doesn't mean I have anything to do with it. He can overcome it, he's a grown man. He can differentiate between what happened to him as a child and what is happening today. But he threatened he will never come back if I'm nude around the house. After all, he is a guest and we should respect that. But I thought after a week and a half being here two, sometimes three times a year, he stops being a "guest" and is "family". If I'm at his house, would he treat me as a guest and allow me to dress for my comfort and sensibilities? NO!

It's always a one way street.

Boyd Allen

Terry
Terry

March 19th, 2006, 3:33 pm #7

"There there are some people who will call the law if they think you are naked! One of the neighbors I had would call the law if I were naked in my backyard minding my own business. There are just those who have an attitude a mile long. Sad to say, this same person later was found to be dealing with cocain in their home while baby sitting the kids. She was a live in "nanny" and housekeeper."

I always find situations like that ironic (or maybe not so) because here is a person casting accusations at you when they are living a much worse lifestyle that harms others. In some of the many jobs I've had over the decades, there have been a few where someone tried to suspect or accuse me of doing something wrong and it turned out they were the ones doing the illegal activities. In one case at the Navy Exchange, a woman worked in security! She thought I might be stealing and that's exactly what she was fired for (LOL). I'm sure my wife could explain it better because she understands all the personality profile charts, but my simple mind says, "Hey, get your own house in order before you start worrying about mine."

Terry

Kevin
Kevin

March 19th, 2006, 5:16 pm #8

"Hey, get your own house in order before you start worrying about mine."

So right!!

Jesus said: "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:3-5

So many people are so quick to judge that what we do and how we choose to live is so wrong, and yet they themselves are living so much worse. They look at us from such a skewed perspective, not even realizing how screwed up their own lives are, or worse yet knowing it and not caring. Sometimes I truely think that they want to point us "sinners" out to others just to take the attention away from themselves, or so that they can feel better about themselves, knowing full well their own shortcomings.

I've been told that my choices are "just wrong", by people who were alcoholics and living together without being married, with two kids in the house.

I've been told that children being involved in any naturist activity, or even just going to a resort, should never be allowed because that should only be a decision made by an adult, by a person who is so sexually minded that he can't see ANY naked female, regardless of age, without becoming sexually aroused.

I've had a pastor tell me that even though he couldn't find any scriptural reason to condemn what I was doing, that it was still wrong, and that the church was going to do things HIS way. That pastor and "his" church are now so deep into legalism they can't see the forrest because there's just so many dang trees in the way...

Just before Jesus made the statement about the speck vs. the plank, He said "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Now, I know that I'm far and away from being even in the same time-zone as perfect, and that I mis-judge people all the time, but I do actively try to do better, and to give people the benefit of the doubt. I do try to deal with others using standards that I myself would like to be dealt with. Why don't others, especially other Christians, not do the same? Why are we so categorically wrong, no questions asked or allowed? Is it fear?

And yet, if we point these things out to others, that their own lives don't meet any standard that would alow them to make judgement on us, we're accused of either trying to distract from the "real issue" (our being naturists), or of being too judgemental! And that's from the very people judging US unfairly!! How does that work?

I think that too few people actually seek the Truth. They want everybody and everything to somehow agree with what they think things should be like, or that things should remain the same because "that's the way it's always been." Instead of considering the idea that they themselves, or the traditions that they blindly hold to, or the pastor at the front of the room, may be wrong (GASP!!), they turn things to make their own way of looking at things be the only correct one. I've been accused of that, too, but I pray that I don't do that, and I believe that I am willing to change if I am shown to be wrong. How can I not? How couls I ever be so focused on me, that I can't listen to anybody else? How can they!?

So many old feeling have been brought back by going to that business meeting at my "old" church the other day. It's just amazing to me to see so many good people so blinded, so pig-headedly stubborn (is that too judgemental?), so unwilling to seek the truth, although that's what they say they are doing. On the surface everything looks great, but at the heart of it all it just feels so wrong.

Sorry to rant.
I'm done now.

God Bless
Kevin

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 20th, 2006, 2:32 pm #9

"Jesus said: "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:3-5"

You had much better examples than I did, Kevin and they summed it all up very nicely. I was trying to think of the quote above and should have asked my wife, who, although she isn't ordaned officially and running a church is my own pastor now. On a side note, I told her she might get fired if the congregation found out she was sleeping with a church member (LOL). Then again, there's not always alot of sleeping going on...but I digress.

Your pastor reminds me of my mother. She would get very edgy when asked a question about something she didn't agree with and could only say, "Because its just not right." She didn't feel she had to give a reason, we should all just know it wasn't right. Ay my church of employment, there was a rumor going around about a woman who is the head of human resources that was sleeping with the married guy who was at the time the head of security. Clear adultery, but she would go around firing people who were perceived as offending the wrong people. I won't ask, "What would Jesus do?," because we know what He would do. I would ask, "When are you going to start doing it?" Yes, get your own house in order!

Terry

Boyd Allen
Boyd Allen

March 20th, 2006, 5:52 pm #10

Seems thats the way a lot of people answered questions they didn't like, "Because its just not right." or as my mother put it one time when I asked her about humanity being nude if Adam and Eve didn't eat the fruit but obeyed God instead.

"We just don't talk about things like that" was her reply.

Good thing we have skirts, so we can tuck our feelings away in them.

I also remember an old philosopher/writer (Might have been Mark Twain) who said (and I quote badly) "Clothing is an evil we can do without because they have pockets in them. And as long as we have pockets, we are always wanting to fill them."

Boyd