What models have you ever regretted not buying or what kits in your stash that you probabl

What models have you ever regretted not buying or what kits in your stash that you probabl

May 31st, 2010, 2:06 am #1

Im sure over the years there has been kits that you have seen online & thought i'll get that next month only to discover 2 months later that its not available any more or you have seen a kit online & drooled but the price tag kept the kit out of reach.

for me the drooled over kits... those 1/72 A-model "monster kits" kits Sproose Goose, VM-T transporter etc , the CMK Qantas Flying Boat.

Missed out kits..i was thinking of 1 earlier but forgot but im sure there are dozens of kits that i missed out on.

Kits that i'll probably never build... 1/72 B-52 in Nasa markings (all pastic) & an A-model 3M Bison Bomber (plastic, resin & what appears to be fibreglass) also in 1/72

regards
AJ

May 31st, 2010, 3:43 am #2

for $20 when I had the chance.

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

May 31st, 2010, 4:17 am #3

Im sure over the years there has been kits that you have seen online & thought i'll get that next month only to discover 2 months later that its not available any more or you have seen a kit online & drooled but the price tag kept the kit out of reach.

for me the drooled over kits... those 1/72 A-model "monster kits" kits Sproose Goose, VM-T transporter etc , the CMK Qantas Flying Boat.

Missed out kits..i was thinking of 1 earlier but forgot but im sure there are dozens of kits that i missed out on.

Kits that i'll probably never build... 1/72 B-52 in Nasa markings (all pastic) & an A-model 3M Bison Bomber (plastic, resin & what appears to be fibreglass) also in 1/72

regards
AJ
Greatest regret - not buying - the vacform Empire flying boat hull, Aurora Cessna 310.
Greatest regret - selling them when I had them - 1/32 scale Airfix 17lb AT gun and vacform Douglas Dolphin.
Stash items which will never be built - the 1/32 aircraft (I'm saving them for my old age - but I'm only 24 in the head anyway) and the four engined Airfix kits of yesteryear (I can't afford the Bondo).

But I just sneaking down to check the stash and two Tamiya 1/48 kits jumped out and said 'build me' - one actually asked if I had bought the Paragon two stage Merlins at Scale ACT just for her. Those kits are such hussies!

LOL
Tony

May 31st, 2010, 4:24 am #4

regards
AJ
A giant bomber carrying 5 parasitic fighters & a massive spatted undercarriage.

At the time (20 odd years ago) it was several hundred pounds, Lord knows what that would equate to today. I think you could buy a creditable motor vehicle with the money. Sure would love one though.

May 31st, 2010, 5:06 am #5

regards
AJ
Balked at the price of $70 (this was 17 years ago) and have never seen one since.Can't even remember the name of the manufacturer.Was going to build it for my wife (girlfriend then) as it's her favourite car.

May 31st, 2010, 9:52 am #6

regards
AJ
I live on a lake and I thought it would be fun ambushing the local RC sailing club.. I just dont have time to refit it / get it going... having far too much fun with my plastic model aeroplane kits, none of which I regret buying, selling, giving away, missing out on or stuffing up.. it all keeps me from going crazy.. distracting me from the BS associated with work!

May 31st, 2010, 10:58 am #7

A giant bomber carrying 5 parasitic fighters & a massive spatted undercarriage.

At the time (20 odd years ago) it was several hundred pounds, Lord knows what that would equate to today. I think you could buy a creditable motor vehicle with the money. Sure would love one though.
in 144-scale from Anigrand, 'cos I've bought one.
George, out.................

May 31st, 2010, 11:05 am #8

regards
AJ
The Monogram 1/48 scale B-24J Lib when it was still available. Back in the days when I was a miser and not just stingy

Cheers,
Rugs.

Nothing is fragile if is packed correctly, and it is no longer fragile once it is broken.

May 31st, 2010, 11:21 am #9

regards
AJ
Probably every airfix kit you could buy for 1/6p in the 60's - fond memories of spending your weekly allowance ( 2 shillings)on a purchase, glueing it together, decalling ( no paint) then blowing it to smithereens on Cracker Night! These babies command a very high price now - oh well.... I'll lust after them again at Model Expo.
Cheers,
Wade

May 31st, 2010, 10:49 pm #10

Greatest regret - not buying - the vacform Empire flying boat hull, Aurora Cessna 310.
Greatest regret - selling them when I had them - 1/32 scale Airfix 17lb AT gun and vacform Douglas Dolphin.
Stash items which will never be built - the 1/32 aircraft (I'm saving them for my old age - but I'm only 24 in the head anyway) and the four engined Airfix kits of yesteryear (I can't afford the Bondo).

But I just sneaking down to check the stash and two Tamiya 1/48 kits jumped out and said 'build me' - one actually asked if I had bought the Paragon two stage Merlins at Scale ACT just for her. Those kits are such hussies!

LOL
Tony
Tony, no problem in offloading the 17 pounder as Bronco have announced a new tool one in 35th. I built the old Airfix one which wasn't bad but was 32nd and nowhere near as good as today's toolings
I offloaded the other two in the stash for some very welcome stuff which has since been superceded
Cheers
Al