There's two model comps on this weekend in Melbourne, who's going?

There's two model comps on this weekend in Melbourne, who's going?

November 10th, 2010, 8:15 am #1

Bayonet Military Model Club's annual competition will take place this coming Saturday 13 November 2010 at the Werribee scout hall and Wings 2010 is on at Moorabbin Air Museum.

I'm taking the young fella to Wings, is anyone else competing also, or whose going to Bayonet?

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

November 10th, 2010, 8:27 am #2

Might have to pop in at Wings after the the QF open day me thinks :) n/t

November 10th, 2010, 8:50 am #3

Bayonet Military Model Club's annual competition will take place this coming Saturday 13 November 2010 at the Werribee scout hall and Wings 2010 is on at Moorabbin Air Museum.

I'm taking the young fella to Wings, is anyone else competing also, or whose going to Bayonet?

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
Will probably enter a few myself, will be there both days with a whole load of Kookaburra Publications titles on sale there including the Geoffrey Pentland RAAF Camouflage and Markings Vo1 1 and 2 for $45 each, and will generally be giving a helping hand with the running of the weekend as required.

Graham

November 10th, 2010, 11:21 pm #4

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
About 23 tables booked for the swap meet, and NKR will be there as usual.

November 12th, 2010, 9:32 am #5

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
I was planning on camping this weekend, but with the forecast like it is we decided to stay back. That means WINGS is back on the agenda!

November 12th, 2010, 10:10 am #6

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
I am in melbourne (mum in hospital) and I may get a free hour or two

November 13th, 2010, 2:55 am #7

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
Just got back from the Bayonet swap meet and this is what i brought all 1/72

Hasegawa:
F-15C
F-16C
AH-64
AV-8B
S-60B

Revell:
Westland Seaking Mk.41

Heller:
Dornier Alpha Jet

there was heaps of stuff for sale.... unfortunately my budget was $120 for today other wise i would have brought a heap more things. Oh well there is always next year.

Brendon

November 13th, 2010, 9:55 am #8

Far too briefly, but still good.

November 14th, 2010, 12:23 am #9

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
For a MODEL SHOW..well let's just say it's really just a morning SWAP MEET from the sound of it, bills it's self as 10 to 5pm Ha!Ha!

Only thing there good to see was Earl & his new daughter!

November 14th, 2010, 1:27 am #10

A few sellers had elected to pack up around that time but the majority were still on deck (half a dozen or so didn't pack up until after trophy presentations finished at 4)and the 90 or so comp entries were on display in their room.

Dunno what the process is at other show - do they chain the sellers to their stalls?

If you have any FACTUAL criticism feel free to email me and I'll pass it on. Better than telling lies on a public forum.