Just joined , much hilarity

Just joined , much hilarity

January 9th, 2010, 5:55 am #1

Well I saw the damm advert for AMI for some months so I thought, given I know the 2 guys I would join up, gladly an Aussie Site.
I have been out of the "game for quite a while, illness , in and out of Hospitals and "things" have kept me from the huge stock pile of kits in the garage.

WIFE SAYS EBAY ...NOW

Having time is one thing I do have in abundance, but when you do not wish to build or start , get a third of the way and stop , bugger!!!

I live in Perth now, a transpanted Melbourne 'lad'

I have of course read many modelling mags, seen so much change in new items to make things easier, be it a resin update, or decals, or material to help build a diorama, so much to take in, the key is learn by asking quetions.

I make no apology if some of my questions seem slighty "juvenile" , as I have been out a long time.
The man tha kept me going was Tony Dawe FIGURE BUILDER extraordinaire here, and over East Frank Morgan, people I would visit back in Melb like Eric Sujecki at the Vic Hobby Center.
You walk in to his shop and wish to begin ASAP.
So I am to go easy, pick my subject matter and finish it usuing all the mediums we can now use, books, computers, and watching others, and of course asking questions.
I hope to learn things here , spin a lie or 2 and get my arse kickded for not having sent in "progress photos" :-}

EXCUSE I CAN USE:: below
I have 5 years of Operations each with 9 to 12 month recovery on each, this means many here will probably know who I am already, just gave it away , then rehabilitation.

WARNING::Never join the Army Unit based in Swanbourne Perth, you will all end up like me ,we all did and do, pay for it in the end.

But FUN and the Hobby is why I am here gang, so if ya don't welcome me, David says I can set uup claymore mines outside your houses:-}
Hope the ECHELON did not read that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers and it is good to be back in the fold
Chris14 ...because some bugger took the name Chriso

You Never Know If Ya Don't Have A go

Knowledge Dispels Fear

Never Be Afraid To Ask A Question

January 9th, 2010, 6:27 am #2

speedy healing and happy modelling cobber, wal in Perth nt

January 9th, 2010, 8:36 am #3

Well I saw the damm advert for AMI for some months so I thought, given I know the 2 guys I would join up, gladly an Aussie Site.
I have been out of the "game for quite a while, illness , in and out of Hospitals and "things" have kept me from the huge stock pile of kits in the garage.

WIFE SAYS EBAY ...NOW

Having time is one thing I do have in abundance, but when you do not wish to build or start , get a third of the way and stop , bugger!!!

I have of course read many modelling mags, seen so much change in new items to make things easier, be it a resin update, or decals, or material to help build a diorama, so much to take in, the key is learn by asking quetions.

I make no apology if some of my questions seem slighty "juvenile" , as I have been out a long time.
The man tha kept me going was Tony Dawe FIGURE BUILDER extraordinaire here, and over East Frank Morgan, people I would visit back in Melb like Eric Sujecki at the Vic Hobby Center.
So I am to go easy, pick my subject matter and finish it usuing all the mediums we can now use, books, computers, and watching others, and of course asking questions.
I hope to learn things here , spin a lie or 2 and get my arse kickded for not having sent in "progress photos" :-}

I have 5 years of Operations each with 9 to 12 month recovery on each, this means many here will probably know who I am already, just gave it away , then rehabilitation.

WARNING::Never join the Army Unit based in Swanbourne Perth, you will all end up like me ,we all did and do, pay for it in the end.

But FUN and the Hobby is why I am here gang, so if ya don't welcome me, David says I can set uup claymore mines outside your houses:-}

Knowledge Dispels Fear

Mate,

Welcome back to the hobby, but not under the circumstances. Hope for a speedy recovery. looking forward to seeing some models when you post them.

Cheers
Brendon

btw, I'll sneak in and remove the dets for the claymores so they won't go " BOOM" .

January 10th, 2010, 12:27 am #4

WIFE SAYS EBAY ...NOW

Knowledge Dispels Fear

Cheers,
Daryl.

January 10th, 2010, 3:25 am #5

WIFE SAYS EBAY ...NOW

Knowledge Dispels Fear

welcome aboard
well with all this free time on your hands you should get lots done

January 10th, 2010, 7:07 am #6

speedy healing and happy modelling cobber, wal in Perth nt
Hey thanks Wal in Perth, yes well I mewt my match, it is called hard ground and heavy packs and assorted other things. But as I said I knew this {all the Ops after Service} was coming so accepting is easy, hey what is funny is I have lost 4.5 cm's in height so far:-}
I will enjoy being back in the Game mate
cheers
Chris

Knowledge Dispels Fear

January 10th, 2010, 7:13 am #7

Mate,

Welcome back to the hobby, but not under the circumstances. Hope for a speedy recovery. looking forward to seeing some models when you post them.

Cheers
Brendon

btw, I'll sneak in and remove the dets for the claymores so they won't go " BOOM" .
Well I hope so as well, funny I do not mind rehab, that pain makes you feel like your getting somwhere.
I am sorry to inform you I had a trip system on the claymore Dets, not so you would be blow to smithereens but your data , photo and such is now mine, you are now in the SPOOKS system ....:-}
Thanks Brendan for the message of welcome
Chriso
Perth

Knowledge Dispels Fear

January 10th, 2010, 7:15 am #8

Cheers,
Daryl.
Hi mate nice welcome back into the Game, well my excuse and I am sticking to it is that I "FELL OFF THE GRID"
Where did we last meet mate ??? Truly my short term memory {4 years or so} is very hazy

Knowledge Dispels Fear

January 10th, 2010, 7:20 am #9

welcome aboard
well with all this free time on your hands you should get lots done
Well I hope so, I have to really get involved I think in a club again, it really does not matter which, I am not into Politics these days, people tend to spur me on, and reading a good latest modelling mag. Its is actually now a matter of going out to get glues, paints {others dried up} and all the other stuff to work with , fillers, and so on.

I am going to put up a headline of what my 1st kits build will be and then the start of a long term diaorama as well
Glad this Website is here in OZ as well
cheers
Chriso

Knowledge Dispels Fear

March 9th, 2010, 10:21 am #10

Hi mate nice welcome back into the Game, well my excuse and I am sticking to it is that I "FELL OFF THE GRID"
Where did we last meet mate ??? Truly my short term memory {4 years or so} is very hazy

Knowledge Dispels Fear

Hi Daz, well I am starting bck at the beginning. I should if I entered a model competition be classed as a 1st time Intermediate, as I do not think I have finished a kit in 15 years, {the last 10 a nightmare of pain and painkillers and other meds that made me a zombie}
I have started with a simple Trumpeter 1/72 Trimpeter FC-1 "Leopard" jet fighter bomber, it has the min of colours, silver, green nose and some black---I must finish this.

Armour has bitten me again as I have a long term Diaorama plan for a Tank/Figure setting, and also a Car Le Mans 24 hours race grid { 1/24th}

I am bulding a Panzer IV from the old Tamiya kit.

I have decided to build a model of every Armoured vehicle I ever drove or crewed {over 40 as I was taught CHICOM/and SOVIET BLOC ones as well as NATO when in the Armoured Regt and SAS regt.
that will come in time

So the plan is to FINISH
1; airplane
2 Panzer IV
that is the start,

hell I found all my glues rock hard or had gone from fluid to air in the bottles!!!

So these will be out of the box
I am doing a TAFE Arts course 1 night a week as well {Oils, and Acrylics} and will join Tony Dawes Club the Figure Building one as well.
I have been a bit crook for the last 4 months, had to put off surgery because of it.
Anyway what the hell are you working on mate???
all for now
cheers
you got my email addy use it mate
Chriso

Knowledge Dispels Fear