had a bloody shocker today....

had a bloody shocker today....

April 16th, 2010, 8:35 am #1

well i was finishing off my 1st CAC high planes Sabre in 1/72 today and well it all turned to ....!!!!

1st of all i got the from a collection brought a while back so i dont know how old the kit or decals are but i was up to the decal stage etc.....

the sheet looked really good and i was doing the 77 sq with the red tail and the panther etc.Got the panthers on sweet as then all the big decals just broke apart as soon as i took them off the sheet!!!!!! i got some on but it looks crap!!!!! the only up side was that i got all the small ones on for the 1st time ever!!!!!

then to top it off i some how forgot the i had just used super glue in the cockpit when i glued the canopy/windscreen on....so now its all fogged up!!!!!!!!!

im really shated about this because it was going the best out of any model so far and now well its just a learning curve:(((((

it would be great if any one has a spare set of decals for the beast but im sure no one will have a spare wind screen and canopy ((((((

it was looking so good guys

mark

April 16th, 2010, 9:19 am #2

Firstly, the bird you have built is 76 Squadron not 77. You may distress Ray Seppala by saying what you have.

Secondly, to rectify the windscreen issue here's something you may wish to consider;

If you can get the canopy off okay polish the inside where it has frosted with some automotive polish on a cotton bud. Before re-installing it, paint the bottom edge with some silver or black paint (depending on colour of model surface) and then re-glue with super glue. You may find that it won't frost again.

I believe the only reason it tends to frost from super glue is because of lack of drying air to the glue.

See how you go with that. If you need decals you may have to buy replacements from Southern Sky or Red Roo models.

Regards

Andrew

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

April 16th, 2010, 9:46 am #3

I think if any of us, ever, managed to build a model, that we could be completly happy with, completly satisfied, built to absolute perfection, then we would stop after that! But would be nice though.

Use wood or Gator glue for canopys. I have heard though that a canopy dipped in future wont fog when cyno is used.

Glen

Glen Burns

Creative Models Australia
glen@creativemodels.com.au
www.creativemodels.com.au

April 16th, 2010, 11:27 am #4

you know when its its going good etc....

i just really wanted this bird to look sweet etc;)

it's all good ,have another 100+ kits to try and get it right

thanks for the advice and help guys .... some one listnings;)

mark

April 16th, 2010, 11:30 am #5

Firstly, the bird you have built is 76 Squadron not 77. You may distress Ray Seppala by saying what you have.

Secondly, to rectify the windscreen issue here's something you may wish to consider;

If you can get the canopy off okay polish the inside where it has frosted with some automotive polish on a cotton bud. Before re-installing it, paint the bottom edge with some silver or black paint (depending on colour of model surface) and then re-glue with super glue. You may find that it won't frost again.

I believe the only reason it tends to frost from super glue is because of lack of drying air to the glue.

See how you go with that. If you need decals you may have to buy replacements from Southern Sky or Red Roo models.

Regards

Andrew

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
ray it was my fault etc i hope the decals looked great but just didnt work today....oh well you have those's days

mark

April 16th, 2010, 11:58 am #6

well i was finishing off my 1st CAC high planes Sabre in 1/72 today and well it all turned to ....!!!!

1st of all i got the from a collection brought a while back so i dont know how old the kit or decals are but i was up to the decal stage etc.....

the sheet looked really good and i was doing the 77 sq with the red tail and the panther etc.Got the panthers on sweet as then all the big decals just broke apart as soon as i took them off the sheet!!!!!! i got some on but it looks crap!!!!! the only up side was that i got all the small ones on for the 1st time ever!!!!!

then to top it off i some how forgot the i had just used super glue in the cockpit when i glued the canopy/windscreen on....so now its all fogged up!!!!!!!!!

im really shated about this because it was going the best out of any model so far and now well its just a learning curve:(((((

it would be great if any one has a spare set of decals for the beast but im sure no one will have a spare wind screen and canopy ((((((

mark
Email me and there yours.

Cheers Dom

April 17th, 2010, 12:19 am #7

email sent;) cheers for the help

mark

April 27th, 2010, 7:26 am #8

mark
thanks so much Dominic the decals arrived last week but i have been away etc....

they look great and i will try to put some on this week,again THANKYOU so much for the help!!!!

mark