Good service from Revell Germany

Good service from Revell Germany

July 16th, 2010, 11:24 am #1

I recently emailed Revell Germany for replacement parts, it stated on the web site that it may take up to 12 weeks to recieve the parts.

Well, it only took 2 1/2 weeks, so i am pretty wrapped.

Good on you Revell Germany.

And while I'm on the subject of Revell, Anyone who has a Revell US, 1/48 scale Catalina kit, you had better check what's in the box, I had a friend buy 1 from the shop I work in and it was missing 3 sprues, including the clear parts. The box was 1/2 empty. I contacted the rep at Southern Models and they replaced the kit within 2 weeks also. Good on you Southern Models, however, the replacement kit was also incomplete, missing the centre section of the wing sprue, and had 1 too many port side wing sprues. ???? Some of these must have been packed at beer O'clock on a Friday arvo.

Anyway, between the 2 incomplete kits I did get my mate a whole kit.

Just thought I would let you know.

Ben.

Things that make u go HMMM!

July 16th, 2010, 12:39 pm #2

Did you contact them just through the website or was there another link. I may need to obtain a replacement part from them for a kit I bought on Ebay.

Regards

Kent in Oz

July 16th, 2010, 1:15 pm #3

Service and support tab. Gives email addresses for both USA/Canada and the Germany(rest of the world)this is the one I used.

emailed this address.

contact_d@revell.de

I sent a few photos of the mishapen part, the kit no. and part no.

I got a response back within 24hours saying that it would be processed.

I hope this helps.

Ben.

July 17th, 2010, 4:03 am #4

I recently emailed Revell Germany for replacement parts, it stated on the web site that it may take up to 12 weeks to recieve the parts.

And while I'm on the subject of Revell, Anyone who has a Revell US, 1/48 scale Catalina kit, you had better check what's in the box, I had a friend buy 1 from the shop I work in and it was missing 3 sprues, including the clear parts. The box was 1/2 empty. I contacted the rep at Southern Models and they replaced the kit within 2 weeks also. Good on you Southern Models, however, the replacement kit was also incomplete, missing the centre section of the wing sprue, and had 1 too many port side wing sprues. ???? Some of these must have been packed at beer O'clock on a Friday arvo.

Ben.

Apologies for my German I've lost my knack.

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

July 17th, 2010, 4:16 am #5

Did you contact them just through the website or was there another link. I may need to obtain a replacement part from them for a kit I bought on Ebay.

Regards

Kent in Oz
Kent

Don' tell them it's lost or damaged. Tell them it was missing when you opened the kit.

About 6 months ago I asked for a replacement part that was damaged.

Here was the reply

"we received your request, but the item no. is not complete or missing".

Cheers

Calum

http://a4alley.t35.com/
http://anzacmodeller.freeforums.org/

July 17th, 2010, 6:08 am #6

Hi Calum,

what you write sounds more like RoG could not process your request (because they could not match the item number you provided with an actual item), not like they did not want to help you. Or am I missing something?

I've always had good success by stating I needed to modify a kit and was willing to pay for the parts (within reason). I never had to pay a single cent. A friend on the other bought half a Monogram B-17 that way...

Cheers,

Patrick Sprau

July 17th, 2010, 7:47 am #7

Patrick

I gave them all the details, kit no, sprue no and part number. I even explained that it was there 1/72 Mk 41 sea King kit.

They have been helpful in the past but not this time.

Actually the last time they were no help either, but I put that instance down to the fact I was after a part from a Hasegawa Kit they'd re-boxed

Cheers

Calum

http://a4alley.t35.com/
http://anzacmodeller.freeforums.org/
Last edited by elwano on July 17th, 2010, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 17th, 2010, 2:36 pm #8

Hi Calum,

assuming '1/32' was a typo, it's indeed strange they wouldn't help you with your request. Maybe someone of the internet community has some spares for you?

Good luck!

Patrick Sprau

July 18th, 2010, 7:41 am #9

Ben.

I told them truthfully that I wanted to buy a replacement wing upper half for the 737-800, which i had managed to get thinners all over after I tipped the bottle over.

Didn't get a reply back, just the part came about a week later, that was about 5 years ago though, I couldn't have been happier and sent a thank you email as well.

Graeme

July 18th, 2010, 11:49 am #10

Ben.

I had the same experience. Contacted them through the website asking to buy a set of BV222 decals (mine got washed away in a storm). I had an email from "Department X" at Revell Germany asking to confirm kit number etc. Then nothing. Then decals arrived in the post express airmail with note saying no charge = happy customer!