Dusted off a stalled project

Dusted off a stalled project

November 7th, 2010, 6:04 am #1

I am on three weeks leave..Whoo Hoo.

Started this Dove (cutting it out from the sheet) about 8 months ago. When the time came to wet sand it, I didnt have a suitable base, so I stopped work on it, then I bought a flat bath room tile and forgot about it.
Last night I put the sand paper over the tile and wet sanded the kit down to the line. If you measure bang for your buck by the amount of modelling time you put into a kit, vacuform is hard to beat!

Gonna be a MMA jobbie methinks
Last edited by cac_sabre on November 7th, 2010, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 8th, 2010, 12:17 am #2

On the right hand side of the tile is a sheet of partially painted dunnee paper, these are gonna be the doves "cafe curtains" (well thats the game plan anyway), cant see much through the glass anyway

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

November 8th, 2010, 12:27 am #3

More pics on that one please...

Cheers,

November 8th, 2010, 1:37 am #4

My aircraft recognition is pretty good but I failed to pick up on the differences between a Bassett and a Beagle B206S,
there are differences in window and hatch arrangements as well as fin shape, I only noticed this when designing decals for this one.. I shall persist however, the average punter wont know

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

November 8th, 2010, 2:03 am #5

Look forward to seeing more.

AGW..

November 8th, 2010, 9:51 am #6

I am on three weeks leave..Whoo Hoo.

Started this Dove (cutting it out from the sheet) about 8 months ago. When the time came to wet sand it, I didnt have a suitable base, so I stopped work on it, then I bought a flat bath room tile and forgot about it.
Last night I put the sand paper over the tile and wet sanded the kit down to the line. If you measure bang for your buck by the amount of modelling time you put into a kit, vacuform is hard to beat!

Gonna be a MMA jobbie methinks

wings not glued on yet, bit of a gap there that need to be blocked up

November 8th, 2010, 10:21 am #7

Hey Wally. Looks like you're enjoying this one. Good job. Look forward to seeing it finished.
Enjoy your time off.

Noel.