C-130A 36SQN - In Progress

C-130A 36SQN - In Progress

July 21st, 2010, 11:35 am #1

Been dabbling with this one for a while

Its the 1/72 Italeri C-130E kit with OZMods props and tanks. Had a nightmare run with the paint work and have just about recovered from it. Some touch ups to do yet. Now the decals will explode on me when I go to add them. I am using an Aussie Decal sheet.

This is a build for an Ex Loadie who crewed them. So I have a dead line to meet. Glads the mojo is back and hope to get this one finished soon.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ray
Missed it by that much!....

July 21st, 2010, 11:42 am #2

as the C130 gallery looks a little bare.

Regards

Andrew

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

TOR
TOR

July 21st, 2010, 1:05 pm #3

Its the 1/72 Italeri C-130E kit with OZMods props and tanks. Had a nightmare run with the paint work and have just about recovered from it. Some touch ups to do yet. Now the decals will explode on me when I go to add them. I am using an Aussie Decal sheet.

This is a build for an Ex Loadie who crewed them. So I have a dead line to meet. Glads the mojo is back and hope to get this one finished soon.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ray
G'day Ray,
Hey, the Herc is looking the goods and that P-3 in the background also looks interesting, what's the story with that one.
TOR

BruceA
BruceA

July 21st, 2010, 1:23 pm #4

as the C130 gallery looks a little bare.

Regards

Andrew

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI
by the way I finally got my updated C-17 parts today from Nostalgic Plastic, have not had a look at them yet though.
Regards
Bruce

July 22nd, 2010, 12:00 am #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ray
Yes Andrew, I will submit a gallery Article.

Ray, the P-3 is being done as a firebomber, I will move back onto that one once I get the C-130 out of the way.

Bruce, interested to see how the new C-17 parts look, that is another project I must get back to.

Ray

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

July 22nd, 2010, 11:16 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ray
Love your work!

July 24th, 2010, 11:41 pm #7

...have enough on the go?

So which shceme/model will you be doing?

Ray

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

July 25th, 2010, 12:08 am #8

You can have way too much!!!!

Some of my projects are nearing completion such as the Phantom, Super Hornet, Macchi and Tiger so I'll be a little bare on the development front.

I don't have anything of that size in the cabinet although I do have an Orion which requires a repaint due to some transit damage which I will probably do at the same time.

Am thinking of an A model like yours although an E is also a possibility. Have pulled it from the stash along with a Bou and a Dak for Wally.

I tend to like a few things on the go at the same time and are fortunate enough to have a good size work room and are organized enough to make multiple progress on multiple kits. Will see how I go.

If I went in the A model direction any pointers?

Cheers,

July 25th, 2010, 4:28 am #9

...all I did with mine was to scribe the forward cargo door, drill out a couple of more cabin windows and a shorten the duck's tail. You get inserts for the windows in the OzMods kit though I will be using clear cement when the time comes.

The Aussie decals sheet is not correct for an A as far as the walkway outlines go above the cockpit roof area. I will have to live with that.

The A models went through a few different schemes so you need to decide before painting. I think the Aussie Decal sheet only covers the aircraft later in their careers. Most refs I have found are B&W which makes sorting out colours just that little harder.

Ray
Last edited by Aussie747 on July 25th, 2010, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antoney Wilkinson
Antoney Wilkinson

July 25th, 2010, 1:05 pm #10

Much appreciated. Still haven't decided A or E yet but once I get to the reference material I'll be able to make a decision.

Cheers,