AMI donations and Sponsorship

AMI donations and Sponsorship

August 4th, 2010, 11:47 am #1

A number of people have mentioned about providing donations etc for the site. Donations for the upkeep and running of the site will never be knocked back but I will never go seeking them from anyone. To that end if you do wish to donate any money to the site please contact me at [url=mailto:aussiemodeller@hotmail.com]aussiemodeller@hotmail.com[/url] and we can arrange something. I will also be running the odd raffle or auction when I need extra cash for some reason relating to the site.

Sponsorship by businesses. This is my preffered method of funding the site. If anyone would like to become a sponsor of the site please conatct me once again at the email address above for further details.

At this stage my main aim is to pay all the bills for running the site - forum, site host and domain names with the need to spend money on buying new Forum software in the not too distant future. There are a lot of things I could spend money on to make the site and it's operation better but currently it operates sufficiently well for it's size.

An old joke I was told - how do you make a small fortune in the modelling business, start with a large one! Basically the site costs me about what I currently get from sponsorships to run with little or no money left over. In other words, I do not make a profit from the site, I do it because I feel that Australian Modellers need a place to call their own.

So if you like the site please visit the Sponsors or providers of review samples and ensure you tell them that you went to them because of AMI.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International.
http://www.aussiemodeller.com

August 4th, 2010, 9:50 pm #2

David, prior to discovering this site (and a few others), I probably spent at least $15 - $20 each month on modelling magazines and references. The bulk of my modelling literature and reference sources are now online and I now only occasionally buy a hard-copy magazine.

AMI is my preferred online site, since most of my modelling interests centre on Australian military and civil subjects (mostly aircraft).

This site has thus contributed largely to a saving of around $200 per year and I would be happy to donate a good portion of this to the upkeep and development of the site.

I see this as a fairly small investment in my hobby and leisure time, especially considering the depth of knowledge, ideas, recommendations and camaraderie available here. I have gleaned information from this site to a level of detail that I never would have expected to find elsewhere. Also, even though I have never met most of the people behind the names that appear here, there is a distinct level of friendship and companionship that does not exist on other sites.

I would be very surprised if there were not others who feel the same way and I therefore encourage you to establish a PayPal account (or similar) for the AMI site to which donations can be sent.

August 5th, 2010, 4:55 am #3

A number of people have mentioned about providing donations etc for the site. Donations for the upkeep and running of the site will never be knocked back but I will never go seeking them from anyone. To that end if you do wish to donate any money to the site please contact me at [url=mailto:aussiemodeller@hotmail.com]aussiemodeller@hotmail.com[/url] and we can arrange something. I will also be running the odd raffle or auction when I need extra cash for some reason relating to the site.

Sponsorship by businesses. This is my preffered method of funding the site. If anyone would like to become a sponsor of the site please conatct me once again at the email address above for further details.

At this stage my main aim is to pay all the bills for running the site - forum, site host and domain names with the need to spend money on buying new Forum software in the not too distant future. There are a lot of things I could spend money on to make the site and it's operation better but currently it operates sufficiently well for it's size.

An old joke I was told - how do you make a small fortune in the modelling business, start with a large one! Basically the site costs me about what I currently get from sponsorships to run with little or no money left over. In other words, I do not make a profit from the site, I do it because I feel that Australian Modellers need a place to call their own.

So if you like the site please visit the Sponsors or providers of review samples and ensure you tell them that you went to them because of AMI.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International.
http://www.aussiemodeller.com
Thinking maybe we could get a table at a swap & sell to unload some kits with the proceeds to AMI.